Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 29 Mar 17, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post
angelbabe
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tweety1 View Post
I'm staying in Davenport would Aldi be far from here
Aldi is approx 12 miles south on the US27 at Haines City.
angelbabe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 17, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Queen of Herts
Imagineer

Queen of Herts's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I buy the L'Oreal grey hair covering spray. I presume it's a US brand? Well it's $9.99 in Target and £6 in Boots at the moment. Won't be filling my case after all.
Queen of Herts is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 17, 11:56 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by wanye View Post
anyone wanting to find out more about the outlet mall "ripoff" (or deal, depending on how you look at it) should watch the shopping malls episode of "adam ruins everything" - it might be on youtube or somewhere, but the trutv website has links to all the sources of information, which is potentially more useful than the episode itself... trutv/shows/adam-ruin...ins-malls.html

"Some estimate that 85% of products sold at outlets are actually clothes that are made exclusively for the outlet."

"Luxury brands often outsource their outlet merch to cheaper manufacturers then slap on the fancy label."

"Sorry, but at outlets, the 'MSRP' is usually a fake number the store makes up so it LOOKS like it was worth a lot. In reality, that's a seven dollar dress that they're selling for seven dollars."
just because Adam Conover say something, doesnt make it a fact, infact i have looked at some of the links and its just the opinions of people, not many actual facts with proof

85% I know in the stuff i have purchased, Vans, Converse and The North face, nothing of it looks cheaper quality or made specially for the outlets
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 17, 12:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
I'd say over the last 10 years we've done less and less shopping. A lot is not to our tastes, really, and what we do like is rarely much cheaper than home.

We'll pop to one outlet place for an hour or two but that will be about our lot - holiday time is too precious to waste trying to save a couple of quid here and there.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 17, 12:29 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by matt987106 View Post
just because Adam Conover say something, doesnt make it a fact, infact i have looked at some of the links and its just the opinions of people, not many actual facts with proof

85% I know in the stuff i have purchased, Vans, Converse and The North face, nothing of it looks cheaper quality or made specially for the outlets
cbc.ca/news/business/outl...lity-1.3392279
Old 31 Mar 17, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
BufordT
Very Serious Dibber

Have to kind of agree regarding the outlets/ Me being old and having children means I really don't go for Ralph Lauren etc anymore but I do love my VANS and Converse. A couple of years back I got 5 Pairs of converse, 3 t shirts, a hoodie and it all came to $120.00 ...My borther in law spent about £500.00 in the Ralph Lauren shop and the quality of the Polo's and shorts were less than impressive. Where as my Converse are still holding up to this day. So I think it depends on where and what you buy.
Can't go wrong in the Disney Character Warehouse though!
BufordT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 17, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post

Loreal is cheaper UK unless on a offer .
Old 1 Apr 17, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
mouli1
Imagineer

mouli1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Ilivehereorland View Post
interesting and I as i had suspected

I have several coach handbags bought from the outlets , one of which I saw a the almost identical style in the Uk , I paid £90 for mine , the one here was £595 in the bond st store , I don't mind that mine didn't have the shoulder strap or a dust bag , not worth the extra £500 !
the last one I got last year I have seen the identical one in the uk and the usa one was cheaper just again no dust bag in the outlets

[R]
mouli1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 17, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by mouli1 View Post
interesting and I as i had suspected

I have several coach handbags bought from the outlets , one of which I saw a the almost identical style in the Uk , I paid £90 for mine , the one here was £595 in the bond st store , I don't mind that mine didn't have the shoulder strap or a dust bag , not worth the extra £500 !
the last one I got last year I have seen the identical one in the uk and the usa one was cheaper just again no dust bag in the outlets
My sister used to buy bags here in USA when she visited much cheaper If you go in store lot of times they will give you a dust bag if you ask.
Old 2 Apr 17, 02:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

We found the sports stores more expensive in the US when we were here at Xmas.

My Nike Presto trainers were £60 in the UK and $100 in the US, so I bought them in JD Sports before my trip. The same for my boys Nike Air Max hoodies, tracksuits, jackets, everything really.

We are heading to the outlets tomorrow but mainly buy Nike, Vans, Converse etc so hopefully there are still some bargains to be had (I normally find some Vans for $9.99 and Nike for $29).
Dazed is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List