Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 8 May 17, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Chevy Traverse AWD

Rented from Alamo Brits ( no book required)
5-24 May at MCO
Rented - STD SUV
Picked from line - Premium Crossover
Billed for - STD SUV

Nice car, permanent 4WD. No Sat Nav. Had Satellite Radio. Out of State plates (Illinois )

Lots of luggage room if in 5 seat mode. a bit less in 7

Edited at 09:45 PM.
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 17, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
flossycandy
VIP Dibber

flossycandy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
30th April - 10th May
Company booked with (Alamo via Virgin holidays)
Category booked : Luxury
Category received: Luxury
Vehicle received: Audi Q5

This is a really nice car. It had 2000 miles on the clock. It had a full length sun roof as well as sat nav (which we didn't pay for) and a power tailgate.

Edited at 04:38 PM.
flossycandy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 17, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
jmchessy
Earning My Ears

Place Picked up from:- MCO - 25th May 16 - 11th June 16
Category of car hired:- STD SUV
Category of car Taken:- Premium Crossover
Make & Model:- Buick Enclave
Hire company used:- Alamo Brits

This was first inline for the SUV line and as it had 6 seats was perfect for us as had 5 people.

Edited at 05:51 PM.
jmchessy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 17, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Rowlf
Imagineer

Place Picked up from:- SFB - 6th May 17
Category of car hired:- STD Convertible
Make & Model:- Ford Mustang
Hire company used:- Budget (via Expedia UK and Quidco for discount+cashback)

This is the 2.3 EcoBoost version found on most (all?) rented convertibles. Luckily this one has the Premium spec which includes leather, Shaker sound system, climate, cooled seats, large screen reversing camera and posh alloys. Fuel consumption is pretty OK at about 25 mpg and 300+ bhp is adequate for Longboat Key where we stay with its 45mph speed limits!

Supplied by Budget Sanford - 4 months old with 9k miles in unspoiled condition. No queuing or pressure to upsell at the desk.

Edited at 04:41 PM.
Rowlf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 17, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
martyn7836
slightly serious Dibber

Place Picked up from:- Mco 3rd may 2017 at 16:30
Category of car hired:- STD SUV
Make & Model:- Ford Explorer
Hire company alamo Brits

Originally I had booked a midsize SUV but before I went out I change it to standard to ensure the cases would fit as was worried in case they only had small mid size suvs.
Any how arrived at garage 2 hours after landing on virgin VS75 from Manchester. Had some issues before I went with my skip counter documents( it stated I had a fee to pay when I arrived) a few emails between myself Alamo Brits and Alamo and they assured me I had. Itching to lay and even offered me the fuel service free of charge.
Straight to member of staff who pointed out standard SUV row but nothing I really fancied went back and asked if they had a Ford Explorer available and within a couple of mins they had got me one from the other garage. It had only done 2k miles and even had the plastic covers over some bits of metal from the facility Had loads of extras which was great full sat nav cameras front and rear sync for phone panoramic roof keyless entry and the best thing ever the ability to start the car as I was on the Disney park trams so when I walked to it the car had cooled down. 7 seats which when folded down fit all our luggage in no problem.

martyn7836 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 17, 06:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Place Picked up from:- MCO - 30th April 17 - 20th May 17
Category of car hired:- Luxury
Category of car Taken:- Luxury
Make & Model:- Lincoln MKX
Hire company used:- Alamo via Virgin Atlantic.

A bit unusual on this trip as there were some bizarre choices in the Luxury row and not the plethora of Cadillacs that are normally there. Hence we picked this car.
It was on a Georgia plate and about 1 year old. However it was very clean and ran well. Circa 21 mpg and had loads of room for luggage and the 3 of us.
I would probably pick this type of vehicle again.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 17, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
pdw8
Trying for More Ears

Place you picked the car up from:- MCO
Catergory of car hired:- Full size SUV
Make of car you got:- Ford Expedition Limited
Hire car company used:- Alamo

All they had was a line of Expeditions, no Tahoe. Was a real struggle to get 4 suitcases and 2 large duffle bags in, had to drop one seat so luckily only 6 of us.

Edited at 02:46 PM. Reason: added screenshot
pdw8 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 17, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
johnmcmaster
Very Serious Dibber

Place Picked up from:- MC) - 5th May 17
Category of car hired:- Standard SUV
Make & Model:- Hyundai Santa Fe Sport (5 seat)
Hire company used:- AVIS (as part of BA Flydrive).Voucher said value was £532.

Arrived tired and fed up after being held on plane for 90 minutes before the immigration scrum. As being first time Preferred members, our name wasn't on the board, but went to the B Garage and got seen to promptly and without any hard sell. Was told row number for the car and the docket after a swipe of CC and licence.

There wasn't much left and the swap row as it was detritus of intermediate cars that had been swapped out, but the look of it.

The Santa Fe was a bit vanilla, but was fine for going to the parks and shops. A bit dead in normal and ECO mode and a bit rev happy (without any pull) in SPORT mode. Did just shy of 1000 miles over the rental period for $70 of gas. Average MPG 28.2.

[

johnmcmaster is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 17, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Yorkshirelad
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Place Picked up from:- MCO - 1 May - 15th May 17
Category of car hired:- Luxury
Category of car Taken:- Luxury
Make & Model:- Lincoln MKC
Hire company used:- Alamo via Virgin Holidays

An interesting choice this time. Would have taken a 300c or 300s but both had a hard life and 20k plus on the clock. Chose this MKC only had 2998 miles on and was great.

Loved the projection on the ground at night

Yorkshirelad is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 17, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
kaytronika
slightly serious Dibber

Place Picked up from:- MCO 8th May
Category of car hired:- Convertible (Mustang or Similar)
Category of car Taken:- Convertible (Mustang or Similar)
Make & Model:- Mustang with the Ecoboost engine
Hire company used:- Flydrive through TCD (Alamo)

The wife got a decent package deal with a good price on this as an upgrade.. Lots of Mustangs to choose from in various colours... So we chose the brightest.

It was the upgraded model with the flappy paddle shifters, stereo, leather and so on.. Just under 5k miles on the clock. Averaged 25mpg after a good run, but 20 or less if you were just mooching up I-Drive in it. Small graze on the rear bumper where someone had caught it with a case in the past, immaculate otherwise.

Room in the boot for a fullsize and a medium Tripp case (fabric ones)... Needed a good slam with the medium in there though.

Far more spirited drive than my Mazda 2 but so is a milk float

I'd definitely rent one again, we loved it.

(First day parking oops)

Edited at 08:28 PM.
kaytronika is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List

Tags
alamo, avis, avis preffered, budget, car hire, compact, dollar, full size, hertz, intermediate, midsize, mini van, sixt, standard, suv, thrifty