Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 26 Jul 14, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Crackerx
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Potterfan5686 View Post
Hi sorry to intrude on your post, but how much is the save time through Alamo? Do you have any idea? Thanks
Hi hopefully I'm right but think the save time is free just a way to make things quicker when you pick up your car. 😊
Crackerx is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 14, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
nordictat2girl
Imagineer

Potterfan5686... you aren't intruding. If you need help..ask away.
Save Time is FREE Nothing to pay. You just have to register your details

Crackerx...GOOD! You will avoid the desk then
West Coast road trip 2018 (CO,CA,MT,ID,WA,OR,NV,UT) Yellowstone/Yosemite
Alabama, Florida & New Orleans - May 19
nordictat2girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 14, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Crackerx
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by nordictat2girl View Post

Hi so if I use the Alamo save time that's all I need to do is there a kiosk or machine I need to visit at sanford or do I just go straight to the lot and pick up my car. Sorry for all the questions and thanks so much for all the help 😊
Crackerx is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 14, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Potterfan5686
slightly serious Dibber

Potterfan5686's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by nordictat2girl View Post

That's brilliant, so glad I found this post now, anything to save time with three cranky children after such a long flight. I'm having problems with booking save time though, wonder if you can help me. It is asking for license expiration date which is 2056, but it only goes up to 2048 on the drop down box. Also it's asking for me to enter airline which is thomas cook but that is no where to be seen on the selection list, and it won't let me proceed with out it.. Lastly this might sound like a stupid question but when it asked for drivers license number, is that the driver number? That is on the paper bit of the license that includes your last name? Silly question I know but DH is at work xxx
Potterfan5686 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 14, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Crackerx
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Potterfan5686 View Post
That's brilliant, so glad I found this post now, anything to save time with three cranky children after such a long flight. I'm having problems with booking save time though, wonder if you can help me. It is asking for license expiration date which is 2056, but it only goes up to 2048 on the drop down box. Also it's asking for me to enter airline which is thomas cook but that is no where to be seen on the selection list, and it won't let me proceed with out it.. Lastly this might sound like a stupid question but when it asked for drivers license number, is that the driver number? That is on the paper bit of the license that includes your last name? Silly question I know but DH is at work xxx
Hi I had the same problem could not find thomson on the flights. Do you have the new photo card licence as they are only valid for 10 years at a time could be why you are having a problem also the driving license number starts with some initials from your surname and then some numbers hope this helps 😀
Old 26 Jul 14, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post

Haven't got a trip planned just wanted to give thanks to the OP for posting this as it will help loads of people.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 14, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Potterfan5686
slightly serious Dibber

Potterfan5686's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Crackerx View Post
Hi I had the same problem could not find thomson on the flights. Do you have the new photo card licence as they are only valid for 10 years at a time could be why you are having a problem also the driving license number starts with some initials from your surname and then some numbers hope this helps 😀
That's brill thank you. Will wait for the DH to come home with his actual license so we will know for certain. I'm so happy I found this was dreading the queue for the car as myself and one of the eldest DD are really plane sick thanks xxx
Potterfan5686 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 14, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
nordictat2girl
Imagineer

Cracker... I am not 100% sure about Sandford so use the kiosk or maybebe someone will come along and know this for certain.
We used the kiosk once just to lookover our booking and print out a receipt but the last time we just went right out to garage and picked our SUV. Have your paperwork and drivers licence ready to hand it to the staff at the gate when you leave the lot.

Disneyoli...cheers for that ;-) Whenever you decide to go back...the post will surely be here waiting for you :-)

Potterfan...glad Cracker could help you out with that. As I don't drive myself...I haven't a clue about the info on a drivers lic. My hubby drives... I do 99% of everything else in regards to our holidays hehe. I am the bargain hunter/travel expert ;-)
nordictat2girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 14, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
nordictat2girl
Imagineer

Bumping... just trying to keep this on the front page so dibbers can see!
Old 26 Jul 14, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Rowlf
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Crackerx View Post
Hi so if I use the Alamo save time that's all I need to do is there a kiosk or machine I need to visit at sanford or do I just go straight to the lot and pick up my car. Sorry for all the questions and thanks so much for all the help 😊
No you can't I'm afraid.

The system is different at Sanford from MCO as there is no 'garage' as such. You go to the desk, where there is rarely a long queue like the MCO one. Your Save time code will speed things up as the clerk produces your paperwork. Then you can exit to the parking lot and choose your car from the appropriate row and drive to the exit gate.

There are a couple of recent detailed threads on this so it's best to use the Forum search (top right corner) if you need to find out more.