Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 19 Aug 18, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
tikka234
Imagineer

Our last park day of our second trip not same vibe as first time around

We're nearly at the end of our second trip to Florida, first time 2016 we loved it couldn't wait to get back. It hasn't been the same this trip kids have wanted to leave the parks after a couple of hours, we have spent half our our time in the wAter parks which they love, or chilling at villa pool. Went Mk twice so busy as was Hs
Off to water park am then AK pm having our second go on FOP which is fantastic. It's our last ticket day. Don't know why were not enjoying it like last time, at least we all agree it will be our last visit.
We fly back Wednesday so have a couple park free days now.
Anyone else feel like this
Old 19 Aug 18, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
meboo
Imagineer

Mobile

Nothing could beat the magic of the first time for us - it helped that kids were 6 & 9, so prime Disney age. We’ve been back twice since and it hasn’t had the same impact. We go holidays now that incorporate around 3 days of parks and the rest of doing other things : Paris, West Coast, Port Aventura with Barcelona , Dubai. It just works better for us - we’re all different, and what is perfect for one family is another’s nightmare !
meboo is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
ratmanscoop
slightly serious Dibber

The way to do it is to see something new or to visit with new people. If you're duplicating the same trip as last time, doing the same parks, same rides, with the same group, it's never going to feel quite the same. I think two years might be a bit of a short gap. Depends how old the kids are, I wouldn't rule out another visit 5+ years from now, but can totally appreciate how you feel for now.

I'm fortunate enough to have gone in different groups. 2001 was the first time I was old enough to do the bigger rides, 2011 was with friends rather than family for the first time, 2017 was the first time going with a younger generation so got to experience the more recent kid-oriented stuff, next year will be with friends again but a totally different group to 2011 and twice as many of us, so they're all different experiences. I struggle to understand people that go annually, or even how they can afford it!

Edited at 02:47 PM.
ratmanscoop is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
mossy51
Serious Dibber

I think it's pretty difficult to beat that 'first time' feeling. It's good that you all feel the same way.

We had a phenomenal time when we went for the first time and DH was really concerned that it wouldn't feel as good the second time round. It did feel a little different, but we all loved it again last year, and enjoyed different things about it and I think we 'nailed' our timings; sleep in late, get to the parks early afternoon and push through until the evening. DH is self employed and I am a teacher so we are ALWAYS working...a Disney holiday in the bubble really helps us to get away from everything, we don't do any work, and we get to enjoy lots of family time. . Plus even DH is now hooked on the Disney build up, which keeps us going until the next holiday.
WDW SSR - Aug 2015 Best Family Holiday Ever! WDW SSR & Texas - Aug 2017 Once in a Lifetime Holiday the Sequel! Disneyland California - Oct 2019 Well that escalated quickly yolo trip! Disney Magic Staycation Cruise - Aug 2021 Disneyland California - April 2022 Ain't no stopping us now. Seattle and Alaska cruise - July 2022 - wow! Disneyland California - Oct 2023 Just the two of us. WDW Boardwalk - Apr 2024 2+the adult child

Edited at 02:52 PM.
mossy51 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
vhm672
Imagineer

vhm672's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Of course you can only see things for the first time once. But honestly my first disney holiday was not my best disney holiday.
vhm672 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Inky
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We go with a 2 year gap this time DD 13 now, looking forward to SSR never stayed there before &DDP also FOP, Rol,Slinky dog, universal 4 days so hope the magic is still there!
Inky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryL
Imagineer

Mobile

We loved our first trip but every time since then has been better.
We still do parks every day and we're still finding things we haven't done and details we've missed. For us the immersive Disney bubble isn't replicated by any other holiday and it's our complete escape from the outside world.

We couldn't do this every holiday though and we're lucky enough to be able to visit lots of different places. However there are still a few family bubble holidays in our future.

I understand that not everyone will feel like this, every family is different so spend your hard earned money on things that make you happy.
BarryL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post

I found each visit brings different excitement. First time was the magic of Mickey & everything Disney as the kids were young,
, Second time it was the thrill of the fast rides! Going back soon after 4 years so hoping to enjoy it again & especially looking forward to more relaxing time with lots of good food & shopping!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

My first 2 visits were in 1995 and 1997 and I loved them both. I was married at the time, haven't got kids. This year will be my third visit so a 21 year gap since my last one and it's a solo trip. I'm beyond excited!

Edited at 04:15 PM.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Claire020877
Gone all Goofy

I found they got better every time!

3 times we've gone for between 4 and 7 weeks and incorporated a Universal hotel for a week or 2 weeks then always 3 weeks at the beach club. We used to go every other year.

We last went in 2014, stayed for 7 weeks at RPR, PBH, GF and BC which sounds amazing but I had an accident ad broke my wrist half way through the holiday and it was horrendous - Disney with a broken bone doesn't half take the magic away. Aside from that 3 of us got food poisoning and my daughter had an ear infection - safe to say that experience made us swear we'd never go back. It's taken 4 years but we've just booked for next year. Avoiding the Beach Club as it has s many bad memories now but really excited to try the animal kingdom lodge and actually enjoy the rides with the kids this time!

Claire
Claire020877 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List