Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 4 Aug 19, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
RobandLynsey
Very Serious Dibber

I would say it really depends on what you want to do rides wise and how many days you want. If staying there is not an option I have found that 2 days is generally fine for doing quite a lot (especially using rope drop) without express pass, and that was at easter/spring break time. One thing to note is that you can buy express passes in the park, so if it is really busy and you wished you had express passes you can buy them.
Old 4 Aug 19, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
buddog
Helping Minnie

Mobile

If you're not going to buy Express ,going later in the day might be a better option (if the kids will manage )and stopping until close , I find it it empties a bit earlier than Disney does and if you do a couple of late days there you can easily get it done... not weekends so much though as the teens tend to be out in force.Best to read up on rides as some are really not worth any wait lol ( Fast and Furious is one ).
buddog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 19, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
KevinCosmos
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by RobandLynsey View Post
I would say it really depends on what you want to do rides wise and how many days you want. If staying there is not an option I have found that 2 days is generally fine for doing quite a lot (especially using rope drop) without express pass, and that was at easter/spring break time. One thing to note is that you can buy express passes in the park, so if it is really busy and you wished you had express passes you can buy them.
Just to counter-point this, I believe that the Express passes are limited in quanitity per day - so if you show up on the day and it's rammed then you may find that the Express passes have all been sold out for that day.

It would definitely work out cheaper over 2 days to book a night at one of the deluxe hotels - I did a one-night stay for the 2 of us and even that was a saving against purchasing two express passes for both days.
KevinCosmos is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 19, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
RobandLynsey
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by KevinCosmos View Post
Just to counter-point this, I believe that the Express passes are limited in quanitity per day - so if you show up on the day and it's rammed then you may find that the Express passes have all been sold out for that day.

It would definitely work out cheaper over 2 days to book a night at one of the deluxe hotels - I did a one-night stay for the 2 of us and even that was a saving against purchasing two express passes for both days.
That is true with the express passes but have never known them not to be selling them even when I thought it was busy, I suspect it is only on exceptional days that they would run out and doubt it would be that busy in May.

I have also heard they do a "cheap" express pass after 4pm but haven't had experience with that myself.
Old 4 Aug 19, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Rose89
Helping Minnie

Mobile

To those recommending a one night stay to get two fast passes. Can you get the fast passes early in the day on check in day if check in isn’t until 16:00? Seems a waste if we won’t get them until we can physically check in?
2024 All Star Music Resort/2023 Tokyo Disneyland, DisneySea & Universal Osaka/2022 Rosen Inn Lake Buena Vista/2022 Pop Century/2021 Rosen Inn Lake Buena Vista/2019 Caribbean Beach & Endless Summer Surfside/2018 Disneyland California & Universal Hollywood/2017 Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando/2016 Rosen Inn International/2014 Disneyland Paris/2012 Pop Century/2010 Econolodge Inn & Suites/1999 Kissimmee/1997 Quality Inn I- Drive
Rose89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 19, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Mel49
Imagineer

Mel49's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Rose89 View Post
To those recommending a one night stay to get two fast passes. Can you get the fast passes early in the day on check in day if check in isn’t until 16:00? Seems a waste if we won’t get them until we can physically check in?
You can check in as early as you want to get your express passes and then head to the parks for early opening at 8am. Obviously your room is unlikely to be ready but you can leave your luggage with Bell Services until you return later.
Mel49 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 19, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
npafc
Getting Excited

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 4
Get to your chosen hotel as early as you can - 7am onwards, you check-in as you would ordinarily and although it's unlikely that your room will be available (We got lucky one year at RPR & the room was available) and you're provided with your door keys which double up as your express pass. Then off your trot to the park.
The hotel will let you know by text when your room is ready for you.

2023 Trip number 10, Royal Pacific Universal & Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
npafc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 19, 11:32 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoman88
Getting Excited

Avoiding a Saturday is a good start but a Sunday is actually recommended as one of if not the best day of the week to visit Universal Studios, we did Sunday/Monday last month and it worked really well in fact the Sunday was quieter than the Monday.

Originally Posted by Juliemack View Post
Have a look on the busy day guide, it is just guide mind so don't take it as gospel. Avoiding weekends is definitely a good start.
Old 5 Aug 19, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
russandjill
Proud to wear my Ears

We also got allocated our room immediateley first thing in the morning. So were able to dump a small overnight bag we had with us. And we got the express passes from a little machine just opposite the reception desks. I remember though these being a bit clunky to use. Not sure of they have been updated since?
Our WDW Orlando holiday video montage in under 3 minutes with a fab soundtrack - Disney World Orlando Florida Rocks - Copy and Paste this YouTube link into your browser - youtube.com/watch?v=shcmwnYQQDM
russandjill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 19, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
russandjill
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by RobandLynsey View Post
I have also heard they do a "cheap" express pass after 4pm but haven't had experience with that myself.
They don't advertise the after 4pm express pass, you have to ask for it.
Our WDW Orlando holiday video montage in under 3 minutes with a fab soundtrack - Disney World Orlando Florida Rocks - Copy and Paste this YouTube link into your browser - youtube.com/watch?v=shcmwnYQQDM
russandjill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List