Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 6 Dec 20, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
taffgirl
Imagineer

taffgirl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Awww, so heartbreaking.
I remember you talking about Myrtle years ago.
I haven't been on here much, but, thinking of you xx

March 2000 - Ramada (as was) International Drive
October 2005 - Quality II - Not nice!
March 2007 - Renaissance at Seaworld - Fantastic!
May 2009 - Renaissance at Seaworld - Even better than before!
taffgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 20, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

I know everyone is going through a rotten time at the moment, but just wanted to say thank you for all your messages again.

Sadly, Myrtle is slowly going in front of our eyes, whilst she is still eating and has a little energy I wont take her to the vet for the final time yet, but if this carries on I wont let her suffer.

She is eating slightly, but the once nutty, loopy schizoid little girl we know and love has gone and she is so quiet.
Nala is sensing it too and its heartbreaking.

I always do a calendar of our beautiful bull terrier Treacle who died a while ago now for my husband and one for me with Molly at Christmas, this year I am tearfully also doing Mr. Douglas, I am now sadly putting some photos in the computer incase I have to add little Mert.

Just been watching some videos of Myrtle and Molly (Molly was Mert's soulmate) and she never left her alone. Molly was the dog I rescued from Spain and never left my side either. I miss them all beyond words.

No more dogs for us, its just too hard to bear. x
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x

Edited at 11:02 AM.
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 20, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

Forgot to say its also hard, Myrtle was never really my dog, she was all for my husband and our friend Paul.

However, when I am ill she never leaves my side and when she is not well its me she comes to.

When I was going through that vile chemotherapy, she stayed with me the whole time I was home and in bed, never left my side for long. I will never forget that. xx
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 20, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

My Special needs baby.

Old 7 Dec 20, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I am so sorry you're going through this again. I'm sending big hugs to you all xoxo

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 20, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

So very sorry to hear this. Its heartbreaking to lose one, but you are still grieving for Mr Douglas. X Our last EBT passed away quite quickly in the end with her head in my lap, as the vet couldnt come to us for a while, luckily she didnt seem in pain, just very tired. It took us about 3 years to be ready for our current pup. Bullies are such loving dogs with strong characters and give so much through their lives. I believe they know when you are very ill. Our last one wouldnt leave DD side when she had chemo and would lay with her for hours, certainly very special dogs.
Old 9 Dec 20, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bootrip2 View Post
So very sorry to hear this. Its heartbreaking to lose one, but you are still grieving for Mr Douglas. X Our last EBT passed away quite quickly in the end with her head in my lap, as the vet couldnt come to us for a while, luckily she didnt seem in pain, just very tired. It took us about 3 years to be ready for our current pup. Bullies are such loving dogs with strong characters and give so much through their lives. I believe they know when you are very ill. Our last one wouldnt leave DD side when she had chemo and would lay with her for hours, certainly very special dogs.
Spot on there, they get such a bad reputation, yet they are little babies who need lots of love and cuddles. I have had dogs all my life, but never a dog like Mr. Douglas, he was so loving, so gentle, so wonderful, it has truly broke our hearts.
Myrtle has been a nightmare at times but has always been there for me, not a great dog for cuddles, but was there always for us.

She has good days and bad days now, she has been very quiet today, but just ran like mad, out to the garden chasing god knows what.
They are really special. Babies to the end. xxxx

P.s.… your girl was very lucky to have you. xxx

Edited at 07:21 PM.
Old 9 Dec 20, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Nicksgirl View Post
Spot on there, they get such a bad reputation, yet they are little babies who need lots of love and cuddles. I have had dogs all my life, but never a dog like Mr. Douglas, he was so loving, so gentle, so wonderful, it has truly broke our hearts.
Myrtle has been a nightmare at times but has always been there for me, not a great dog for cuddles, but was there always for us.

She has good days and bad days now, she has been very quiet today, but just ran like mad, out to the garden chasing god knows what.
They are really special. Babies to the end. xxxx

P.s.… your girl was very lucky to have you. xxx
You are doing all you can for her, she will know how much you care for her. She still had the ‘Bullie dash’ in her. Lots of cuddles for her! Take care of yourself at this tough time. X
Old 9 Dec 20, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bootrip2 View Post
You are doing all you can for her, she will know how much you care for her. She still had the ‘Bullie dash’ in her. Lots of cuddles for her! Take care of yourself at this tough time. X
I am not going to lose her without a fight...….. xxxx
Old 10 Dec 20, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
bettycat
slightly serious Dibber

Bless you having such heartbreak. So sorry to hear your news about Myrtle. Thinking of you and take comfort that she knows how much she is loved every second of every day, no matter what lies ahead. I know how painful it is. Hug xx
bettycat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List