Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 28 Dec 20, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Trusty ian View Post
Toyah Wilcox smiled and waved at me , well the truth was she ran out In front of me while I was driving past her house local to where I worked.
She very nearly was spread eagled across the bonnet of my car. Good job one of us was paying attention.
Looking startled, she knew she was lucky then waved and smiled in embarrassment.
Seen her a few times since but on the pavement .
I worked for a guy who lived next-door to her in Salisbury

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 20, 12:04 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by mitch84 View Post
I haven’t heard of any of these people. I vaguely have heard of Chad Murray but couldn’t tell you what he did

Is it something specific you are into
I’ve heard of them. So jealous of Jared
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 20, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
SteveC
VIP Dibber

Met a few celebs over the years, the first being Arsenal’s Lee Dixon and Alan Smith in the bar at Highbury just after the team I support Man United had just beaten them 6-2 in the League Cup. Great guys and I think it was Lee who told a few Gazza the insomniac stories as they room shared when playing for England.

Our business holds customer entertainment events from time to time and although I tend to leave the celebs alone, Strictly’s James and Ola Jordan stood out as particularly nice and we’ve now had them 3 times.

My favourite encounter with one of our entertainers was Stan Boardman the comedian. I’d already met up with him as he arrived as he was cutting it fine with his arrival time and I was outside our place on the phone to him trying to guide him in as he kept missing the roundabout exit. After a great performance finishing with his German Fokker joke he spent over an hour talking to our customers - and there were over 400 - which he didn’t have to do. He finally made it outside when he said to me that he realised he needed to go to the toilet which was back inside our showroom where he’d just come from. He asked if I minded him peeing up against the building wall as he said it could be another hour before he set off on his long journey home if he went back inside.

No problem I said but it dawned on me what would happen next. As he was zipping up his trousers he put his hand out to shake mine and said ‘I’ve had a fantastic time tonight Steve, really enjoyed it and your audience was great’. It would have been rude not to shake it.

Unfriendliest was Roger de Courcey who had a poor attitude from the moment he arrived and bombed in front of our audience.

Edited at 01:31 PM.
SteveC is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 20, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
top4
Imagineer

Michael Bolton and Gabriel after a concert, sooo friendly and lovely to talk too... Rude ,can't remember her name but she was a presenter from Saturday kitchen at the Good food show ,very abrupt and rude !
top4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 20, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
top4
Imagineer

Also I'm really good friends with Eddie Hall (strongest man) lovely bloke ,so friendly and fab with kids x
top4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 20, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I met a few over the years especially when I worked for a copyright solicitor. I remember taking then members of Duran Duran to the office of thier then solicitor , they looked like scared rabbits! But very polite

Remember June Whitfield being an absolute diva along with Judith charmers.

When I was heavily pregnant with DD1, BA Robinson refused the offer of coffee from me and went and made me one, as well as his own

Chris akabusi we met at LGW waiting for an Orlando flight, he was so friendly exactly as he comes across.
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 20, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
salmim
Imagineer

salmim's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by SteveC View Post
Met a few celebs over the years, the first being Arsenal’s Lee Dixon and Alan Smith in the bar at Highbury just after the team I support Man United had just beaten them 6-2 in the League Cup. Great guys and I think it was Lee who told a few Gazza the insomniac stories as they room shared when playing for England.

Our business holds customer entertainment events from time to time and although I tend to leave the celebs alone, Strictly’s James and Ola Jordan stood out as particularly nice and we’ve now had them 3 times.

My favourite encounter with one of our entertainers was Stan Boardman the comedian. I’d already met up with him as he arrived as he was cutting it fine with his arrival time and I was outside our place on the phone to him trying to guide him in as he kept missing the roundabout exit. After a great performance finishing with his German Fokker joke he spent over an hour talking to our customers - and there were over 400 - which he didn’t have to do. He finally made it outside when he said to me that he realised he needed to go to the toilet which was back inside our showroom where he’d just come from. He asked if I minded him peeing up against the building wall as he said it could be another hour before he set off on his long journey home if he went back inside.

No problem I said but it dawned on me what would happen next. As he was zipping up his trousers he put his hand out to shake mine and said ‘I’ve had a fantastic time tonight Steve, really enjoyed it and your audience was great’. It would have been rude not to shake it.

Unfriendliest was Roger de Courcey who had a poor attitude from the moment he arrived and bombed in front of our audience.
Roger de Courcey was at an event we had he was rubbish!
Love Stan Boardman 🤣🤣 cant believed hes in his 80s
salmim is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 21, 11:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Flamingo
Apprentice Imagineer

Flamingo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
I've worked in a couple of jobs where meeting famous people was a near-daily occurrence. Plus, my husband was in the film industry for a while so I met a few that way too.

Unfriendliest:
Lead singer of Right Said Fred
Vanilla Ice
Jamie Oliver
Sarah Harding
Davina McCall
Robbie Williams
Jack Black
Stephen Fry
Jeremy Kyle

Friendliest:
Michael Jackson
Andrew Lloyd Webber
Kylie
Lewis Hamilton
David Beckham
Pussycat Dolls
Les Dennis
Dexter Fletcher
Flamingo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 21, 02:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Toria_dee
Dibbing with Tink

I haven’t met any rude celebs, they’ve all been really nice.

Kylie Minogue, Pink, Travis & Christina Aguelira being the stand out ones.
The majority of the Rangers & Celtic FC footballers, back room staff, managers, and board of directors of the 2003/4 era as well as the European teams they played at the time were all friendly.

Of all the famous people I’ve met, the one that gets me the most respect from my teenager is Divina De Campo of UK Drag Race fame. I met her one night on a girls weekend in Manchester in the toilets of KiKi, she was AMAZING - this was pre Drag Race fame and we regularly have chats on Twitter. My 14yo is a MASSIVE Drag Race fan so they think I’m dead cool for “knowing” her.

For those talking about Come Outside, it’s the got to for my class of p2’s when it’s wet play. They are transfixed to it!

Cannot beat the classics!

DLP Cheyenne 1999, Day trip 2001, DCR 2011, Cheyenne 2014, DCR 2015, DCR 2023
Lapland Dec 2024
WDW Dibb villa July 2017
First time on-site CSR March 2025
Toria_dee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 21, 03:13 AM  
Link to this Post
willow
Imagineer

I used to work in the wardrobe department in theatres.

Tony Robinson was horrible, he used to constantly fight with Tony Britton who was in the same show.
Michael Sheen -okay this was over 20 years ago but he was creepy and as a girl in my early 20’s he made me feel uncomfortable, hopefully he has matured with age.

Jane Horrocks, Gerard Kelly, Elaine C Smith and Kenneth Branagh where all lovely.

Indian Creek 2004,Radison 2005
Indian Creek 2007,Calabry Park 2009
Lake Wilson Preserve 2011,2013, 2015,2016,2017,2018, 2019,2020
willow is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List