Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 28 Dec 18, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
tikka234
Imagineer

Best cruise ships for families from southampton

Hi we have sailed with P O twice just adults, would like sometime to take children and grandchildren ages 7 - 18 I don't think P O would have enough the keep them entertained.
Which cruise ship would you recommend has to sail from Southampton as one member won't fly.
7-14 nights, we have been to Norweigen fjords so not there. Probably Mediterranean way
I personally like the British feel of P O. But I don't think enough for kids and teens to do.
Thanks
Old 28 Dec 18, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Jan
Imagineer

Jan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
We sailed on board the Azura in May with our almost 12 yo grandson. He absolutely loved the kids club. And there seemed to be a lot of children attending the three age related clubs. Whilst DGS was in the club, we needed to be on board the ship.
Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 18, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
tikka234
Imagineer

We have only been on Arcadia and Aururo so far going on Azura in June just adults again so will see what it's like
Trouble is the club age groups will split the children up and they won't go then
Old 28 Dec 18, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
meboo
Imagineer

Mobile

I think all cruise ships will split the kids into age groups for clubs, so you’ll have that problem whichever one you choose. I know when we went on the Disney Magic they were very strict about ages in each club.

We travel with our kids (now 18 and 15) and sister’s (now 10 and 8) and they’ve never done kids clubs. We get off in port and have a wander. The older kids can use the gym and the younger ones love the pool. With a couple of games added in, I find there is plenty to keep them occupied on P&O. I haven’t done Royal
Caribbean but they have the ‘headline’ activities which may be what you’re looking for. Our family prefer P&O and the kids love dressing up for dinner !
meboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 18, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

If they've never been on a cruise before then I think P&O would have plenty for them. They won't miss what they have never had. Britannia has a bit more to do and is bigger so may be worth a look.
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 18, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
disney_l81
Very Serious Dibber

We've only ever done royal. Our daughter has enjoyed the clubs and activities on offer. She has enjoyed the pool related activities, rock climbing, flow rider surfing, karaoke, discos. There was one cruise we went on where they allowed her to move up a group, she was literally the next age group 2 days after our return though, so I'm not sure this is the norm. Enjoy whatever you decide.
disney_l81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 18, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
JAF
Imagineer

This year we sailed on Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas out of Southampton and there was lot for children to do. This ship also had a good water park, trampolines, flow rider, ice skating, crazy golf as well as clubs for children of all ages.
JAF is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 18, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
florida addict
Imagineer

florida addict's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

We did azura this year and the kids absolutely loved the kids club
We went to the Norwegian fjords and they loved the ports also
Aged 12 &14
Old 29 Dec 18, 12:02 AM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by JAF View Post
This year we sailed on Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas out of Southampton and there was lot for children to do. This ship also had a good water park, trampolines, flow rider, ice skating, crazy golf as well as clubs for children of all ages.
I second Indy. Royal is fantastic for kids.
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 18, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
tikka234
Imagineer

Thank you all for taking time to reply
Will take note when we sail on Azura in June but RC does look amazing for kids, I have seen a you tube of their night life looks manic and some inside cabins look out onto this, how do you get to sleep
Not looking until 2020