Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Mobile

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Good weather always seems to make thing so much better doesn't it?

I love Pinnochio ... I might as well just say I love everything Disney instead

I can't wait to see the report

I know what you mean though, I can't sleep with light shining through, in fact we were away for our birthdays on Friday night and I was up at 6.10am with the light shining through, I was fuming Did you mention anything to reception? Xx
I should have said something to reception about the curtains but I never did. The clip did a good job.

I'm not sure I would have slept that well the first night in the hotel anyway, but it was good to have something else to blame for me not being able to sleep.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 19, 12:06 AM  
Link to this Post
kadypants
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Sounds like a brilliant first day!

That feeling of walking past a parade/show and desperately trying not to see any of it knowing you'll be back later in the week! Lol!

Must be something about PoTC at the moment... we planned to ride it loads a few weeks ago and the queues were long then too! I can never remember them being that long on previous trips.

Looking forward to the rest..
kadypants is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 19, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by kadypants View Post
Sounds like a brilliant first day!

That feeling of walking past a parade/show and desperately trying not to see any of it knowing you'll be back later in the week! Lol!

Must be something about PoTC at the moment... we planned to ride it loads a few weeks ago and the queues were long then too! I can never remember them being that long on previous trips.

Looking forward to the rest..
It was good to get to a park on the travel as normally when we go to Florida we don't go to a park on travel day, but it was lovely to go without any real plans and to just see anything we did as a bonus.

We were really trying to sneak past without looking, as we didn't want to spoil stuff for ourselves!

A shame about pirates but as we were there during half term I suppose we can't complain that there were lots of people. I guess I was hoping that perhaps on the continent they have a different pattern of holidays to us Brits, but it seems not.

Goldia is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 19, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Animagus
Imagineer

You managed to do a lot, considering it was travel day.
You can never have too many snacks - essential for every journey imho.
A shame you only got on POTC once.
Like the sound of Indy and looking forward to trying it for ourselves.

The Cheyenne looks really nice. I’d definitely consider staying there one day.

Looking forward to reading the rest. thanks for sharing.
Animagus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 19, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

We have that same countdown! I may be so lazy that ours still says one sleep…

Is Kate actually Mary Poppins!? Figment, and still space for Pringles! I appreciate that her hoodie, Pringles and smoothie were all colour co-ordinated. It is very exciting that Figment was recognised though!

Kate looks very grown up in your selfie from the train! Actually, she looks very grown up in all the pictures.

Love your room at Cheyenne, it is perfectly adequate, and for some reason I didn’t know (or had forgotten) that you could walk to the parks from the ‘value’ resorts.

The tea cups are really pretty and I agree we need something like the labyrinth in WDW. I also like Snow White as you can’t go wrong with dark rides! A real shame you only got to ride Pirates once, I was absolutely terrified when I rode it as you climb up so high (which I wasn’t expecting) and spent the entire ride fretting I was about to plunge down a huge drop instead of enjoying the ride. Glad you enjoyed Indiana Jones, now that I am a big brave girl and I’ve ridden RnRC I’d love to ride it!
You must have been so pleased you managed to get those extra dining reservations, why do they have to make it so difficult!?

Kate, I respect that you are honouring Max with your buffet plates even though he isn’t on the trip. I think the food looks really nice at the Chuck Wagon Café, the kind of rubbish I enjoy!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 19, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Animagus View Post
You managed to do a lot, considering it was travel day.
You can never have too many snacks - essential for every journey imho.
A shame you only got on POTC once.
Like the sound of Indy and looking forward to trying it for ourselves.

The Cheyenne looks really nice. I’d definitely consider staying there one day.

Looking forward to reading the rest. thanks for sharing.
Snacks are definitely needed for a travel just to cope with the boredom of waiting around.

Cheyenne was a lovely hotel. I got some photos of the outside landscaping and theming on the next day, so I will make sure to include those in the write up so that you can see what it looks like outside.

Old 26 Mar 19, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
We have that same countdown! I may be so lazy that ours still says one sleep…

Is Kate actually Mary Poppins!? Figment, and still space for Pringles! I appreciate that her hoodie, Pringles and smoothie were all colour co-ordinated. It is very exciting that Figment was recognised though!

Kate looks very grown up in your selfie from the train! Actually, she looks very grown up in all the pictures.

Love your room at Cheyenne, it is perfectly adequate, and for some reason I didn’t know (or had forgotten) that you could walk to the parks from the ‘value’ resorts.

The tea cups are really pretty and I agree we need something like the labyrinth in WDW. I also like Snow White as you can’t go wrong with dark rides! A real shame you only got to ride Pirates once, I was absolutely terrified when I rode it as you climb up so high (which I wasn’t expecting) and spent the entire ride fretting I was about to plunge down a huge drop instead of enjoying the ride. Glad you enjoyed Indiana Jones, now that I am a big brave girl and I’ve ridden RnRC I’d love to ride it!
You must have been so pleased you managed to get those extra dining reservations, why do they have to make it so difficult!?

Kate, I respect that you are honouring Max with your buffet plates even though he isn’t on the trip. I think the food looks really nice at the Chuck Wagon Café, the kind of rubbish I enjoy!
The countdown isn't updated daily when there are lots of days still to go, at the moment it says 154...But in the last month then it's vital to change it every day

Colour co ordinated indeed, did you spot it was a hufflepuff hoodie? She loves being a hufflepuff and decided she wanted to bring a bit of Harry Potter to Disney.

It really was a bonus that we could walk, as you know we don't mind a bit of walking and would prefer to be our own masters than wait around for a bus. It took about 15 minutes to walk, perhaps a little less in the morning when we were keen to get to the parks and then probably a little more in the afternoons/evenings on the way back when we were tired!

Yes I think with pirates we were convinced that after going up there must have to be a down and we didn't want to get wet so for every down we ducked and we needn't have as none of the drops were too bad at all.

The food at Chuck wagon was just about edible. Now don't get me wrong I like rubbish food, but there is quality rubbish and then there's just plain rubbish...this was not quality rubbish.

I'll tell Kate about your comments, I'll let you know her thoughts.

Edited to add Kate's reply...

Well, yellow is the best colour and everything needs more Harry Potter and there is always room for Pringles.

Edited at 08:39 PM.
Old 28 Mar 19, 12:16 AM  
Link to this Post
kadypants
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
It was good to get to a park on the travel as normally when we go to Florida we don't go to a park on travel day, but it was lovely to go without any real plans and to just see anything we did as a bonus.

We were really trying to sneak past without looking, as we didn't want to spoil stuff for ourselves!

A shame about pirates but as we were there during half term I suppose we can't complain that there were lots of people. I guess I was hoping that perhaps on the continent they have a different pattern of holidays to us Brits, but it seems not.
I just realised you were there the same time as us, so that would make sense that Pirates had long queues then too lol!
kadypants is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 19, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Can’t disagree with Kate on there is always room for Pringles 😂
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 19, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Cazzius
Apprentice Imagineer

Oooh, goody. I am glad you have posted your first day.

A shame you had a long wait for the Eurostar at Ebbsfleet - you could have taken your dad up on his breakfast offer! I know the feeling of wanting to be there and ready.

My, Figment is huge when pictured with the suitcase. He does look pleased to be on the trip though. I had to restrain myself from buying a Pua (the pig from Moana) pillow pet at Disneyland Paris last weekend, and it was the size that persuaded me to leave it for a future Florida trip when our bags will be bigger!

Well done you for walking to the hotel with your bags and checking in. I used the Express Luggage last time because I am lazy, but it meant I was checking in quite late in the day. I love the rooms at Hotel Cheyenne. That Toy Story theming is so cute. I may have to stay there next time.

Hurrah for Hufflepuff! I am a Hufflepuff too and agree with Kate that we need more representation. There's a great video online of Eddie Redmayne who is also a Hufflepuff explaining why it is the best house

I love that maze area and the view from the castle over Fantasyland is lovely. I agree it would be good to have something similar at WDW.

A shame you only managed POTC the once, I think the DLP version is better than the WDW version because of the splashes - but that might just be me.

Well done avoiding any parade and firework spoilers. I bet it was fun riding Indiana Jones with the fireworks happening.

A shame that your dinner did not meet expectations and was only OK. I suppose, at least then all the meals afterwards were better and you weren't disappointed as you had the most underwhelming food first. Silver lining there

Looking forward to reading day 2!

First Time Floribobs (The Irma Remix) - WDW trip report *Complete*
While The Cat's Away, The Caz Will Play With The Mouse - Solo DLP Trip Report
Cazzius is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List