Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 20 Sep 20, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Hey Abby! Huge apologies for not getting around to reading this sooner!

How fantastic you booked this trip, I can imagine it helped slightly in alleviating the cancelled WDW trip. I was in such a foul mood the day we were meant to be going, I warned everyone around me to tread lightly 😂

You really are the Queen of packing, I really ought to take some tips from you on how to pack lightly! I love the fact you still had room for gin though 😂
We stayed in the Santa Fe when last in Disneyland, nothing fancy but does the trick for a cheap (ish) break away.

Edited at 09:34 AM.
smithlane is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 20, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

I'm loving the positivity here and am super excited to read more! So great you booked such last minute too!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 20, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
Hey Abby! Huge apologies for not getting around to reading this sooner!

How fantastic you booked this trip, I can imagine it helped slightly in alleviating the cancelled WDW trip. I was in such a foul mood the day we were meant to be going, I warned everyone around me to tread lightly 😂

You really are the Queen of packing, I really ought to take some tips from you on how to pack lightly! I love the fact you still had room for gin though 😂
We stayed in the Santa Fe when last in Disneyland, nothing fancy but does the trick for a cheap (ish) break away.
Now that the weather has turned autumnal this summer's trip feels a long time ago. We sure did travel light, but it suited us and we didn't miss any of the make up and toiletries we left at home.

Originally Posted by Lisa_Lollipop View Post
I'm loving the positivity here and am super excited to read more! So great you booked such last minute too!
It was a whirlwind of booking and then travelling within 24 hours, but it all worked out perfectly.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 20, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
I can already feel and Annual Pass being bought!
We were meant to be going just two weeks after you - unfortunately virus stuff conspired against us

Looking forward to reading all about your trip. We have had similar previous thoughts about DLP.
That whirlwind book it , pack it and head off way seems to be the best approach in these times

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.

Edited at 09:42 PM.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 20, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by walt4it View Post
I can already feel and Annual Pass being bought!
We were meant to be going just two weeks after you - unfortunately virus stuff conspired against us

Looking forward to reading all about your trip. We have had similar previous thoughts about DLP.
That whirlwind book it , pack it and head off way seems to be the best approach in these times

I was so tempted to get an AP while we were there, but then I realised the tickets are valued at £0 with the hotel and tickets package. If the quarantine hadn't kicked in then I may have considered it more seriously once we got home, you know the feeling of being home after a fab trip and the way you feel a bit better about it is to book another trip. But of course that plan was scuppered.

Getting an AP for a Disney park is kind of a bucket list thing for any Disney fan, so it's firmly on the list for one day. I'm just not sure when one day will happen.

I hope you manage to get back to DLP sometime soon, it's such a shame lots of Dibbers ended up having to cancel their plans.

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 21, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Cazzius
Apprentice Imagineer

So excited to read this, especially as it already seems like you had a fabulous time! Great idea to take room drinks.
Thank you for sharing!

First Time Floribobs (The Irma Remix) - WDW trip report *Complete*
While The Cat's Away, The Caz Will Play With The Mouse - Solo DLP Trip Report
Cazzius is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 21, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Cazzius View Post
So excited to read this, especially as it already seems like you had a fabulous time! Great idea to take room drinks.
Thank you for sharing!
Hello stranger!

How are you? Long time no speak! I hope you're well. I was just thinking of you the other day as I was looking at some photos of Berlin and remembering how important you were to that being such a fun holiday for us. My kids still talk about 'that woman from the dibb' and her awesome restaurant suggestions.

I see you have a super short countdown. Have an amazing time in DLP. I absolutely loved it last summer. We had a blast.

A x

Old 21 Nov 21, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Cazzius
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Hello stranger!

How are you? Long time no speak! I hope you're well. I was just thinking of you the other day as I was looking at some photos of Berlin and remembering how important you were to that being such a fun holiday for us. My kids still talk about 'that woman from the dibb' and her awesome restaurant suggestions.

I see you have a super short countdown. Have an amazing time in DLP. I absolutely loved it last summer. We had a blast.

A x
Hello!

I’m good, thank you! Glad to see you and the family are all good too.

I’m so glad those Berlin recommendations are remembered favourably! I loved reading your report from that trip as you packed so much in and saw so many more sights than I managed on my work trip. I will go back for fun sometime!

We’re getting the Eurostar on Thursday (fingers crossed), I’ve tried not to let myself get excited in case it got cancelled, thankfully DLP doesn’t require the planning that WDW requires as now I’m trying to read reports from people who went during COVID times. I was super glad to see that you had been and shared your experience here as you are always so detailed

First Time Floribobs (The Irma Remix) - WDW trip report *Complete*
While The Cat's Away, The Caz Will Play With The Mouse - Solo DLP Trip Report
Cazzius is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 21, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Cazzius View Post
Hello!

I’m good, thank you! Glad to see you and the family are all good too.

I’m so glad those Berlin recommendations are remembered favourably! I loved reading your report from that trip as you packed so much in and saw so many more sights than I managed on my work trip. I will go back for fun sometime!

We’re getting the Eurostar on Thursday (fingers crossed), I’ve tried not to let myself get excited in case it got cancelled, thankfully DLP doesn’t require the planning that WDW requires as now I’m trying to read reports from people who went during COVID times. I was super glad to see that you had been and shared your experience here as you are always so detailed
I hope it all goes smoothly for you, just one more day and then you'll be on your way.