Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 16 Dec 20, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Dogs have a lot of teeth

My lovely little cocker girl who is 14 years old next month had 5 teeth out on Monday (3 big ones and two small) and around five years ago had 3 teeth out, but dogs have 42 teeth!

We were really concerned about her having a general at her age and we so felt for her on Monday when we picked her up, but today she is in good form and is a happy bunny.

The bill for 2 visits to the vets is £450 but she is worth it because she loves her fat dad. In fact we stopped paying for insurance for her many years ago as it was so high with a big excess so we are well in pocket. Also I’m not even sure if insurance companies pay out for teeth removal.

I know there are lots of dibbers who are dog lovers on here (Sandra is so obsessed with her dog Poppy she even breast feeds it).
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Dec 20, 11:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney_time
Imagineer

Disney_time's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Glad your wee doggy had no ill effects from the anaesthetic. Our wee pupper aged 16 weeks lost his 2 top and 2 bottom front teeth today. No sign of them, but I guess the tooth fairy will still come. Kerching Brodie!
Old 17 Dec 20, 12:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Gull
Imagineer

Glad it all went well ! My 2 cocker girls are nearly 11. One of them needed 3 teeth out last year even though I brush them regularly 😢
Gull is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 20, 07:15 AM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Oh that is great age for a cocker, she sounds lovely. We have two and they have a whole carrot as a treat as it helps keep their teeth nice and clean.
P.s. Sandra is going to kick your but when she reads that last sentence! 🤣
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 20, 07:49 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

I think part of the problem was that we fed our dogs on bakers for years which is dreadful stuff for them and their teeth and we genuinely didn't know that at the time, but years ago we changed to good quality dog food that isn't full of rubbish (Wainwrights).

My doggy also loves carrots😀
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 20, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
My lovely little cocker girl who is 14 years old next month had 5 teeth out on Monday (3 big ones and two small) and around five years ago had 3 teeth out, but dogs have 42 teeth!

We were really concerned about her having a general at her age and we so felt for her on Monday when we picked her up, but today she is in good form and is a happy bunny.

The bill for 2 visits to the vets is £450 but she is worth it because she loves her fat dad. In fact we stopped paying for insurance for her many years ago as it was so high with a big excess so we are well in pocket. Also I’m not even sure if insurance companies pay out for teeth removal.

I know there are lots of dibbers who are dog lovers on here (Sandra is so obsessed with her dog Poppy she even breast feeds it).
Our 10 year old border experienced exactly the same recently spookily - same number of teeth and vet cost too! We have never had insurance for him . He wasn’t himself for a day but was very quickly back to his normal terrier self. He is also worth every penny to me too.
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 20, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Mqt
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Awww. Glad she’s ok. My rescue dog had to have a lot of teeth out but it didn’t seem to affect her. She still enjoyed carrots and would even eat raw cabbage!
Mqt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 20, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
enjibenji
Imagineer

enjibenji's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I have my old boy insured and no the teeth are not covered, he had 5 out a few years ago and it cost £500 then. He has always had bakers small bite food. I didn't know that bakers not good for their teeth!
enjibenji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 20, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by enjibenji View Post
I have my old boy insured and no the teeth are not covered, he had 5 out a few years ago and it cost £500 then. He has always had bakers small bite food. I didn't know that bakers not good for their teeth!
There is lots of info online about how bad bakers is for your dog, but we didn't know until the vet advised us to try better quality food.

These are some of the additives they used in bakers (not sure if they still use them all:

Old 17 Dec 20, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
enjibenji
Imagineer

enjibenji's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
There is lots of info online about how bad bakers is for your dog, but we didn't know until the vet advised us to try better quality food.

These are some of the additives they used in bakers (not sure if they still use them all:

He's been on it 15 years, probably upset him if I change it now.
enjibenji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List