Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 17 Jan 21, 12:35 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by lydscl View Post
From everything I've been seeing over the last year or so, for me if I want to do onsite from 2022 onwards Universal will be my first port of call but to be honest I think i'll go back to how I used to holiday pre-2019 (first WDW onsite) and stay offsite, have a car and buy maybe a 1 day ticket for disney, maybe a hard ticket even like MNSSHP if in season and then focus on non disney or free stuff like DS and resort touring.
we once considered a cheeky week a few years ago ( we had gone a 3 week break earlier in the year ) we only needed flights as we could stay in a MVC room for the week

We discussed not doing Disney, afterall the prices are crazy, maybe do MNSSHP ( it was Oct 1/2 term )
I said we could have a small disney fix by going to DS and maybe having a wander around some of the resorts, pizza at riverside , my family laughed at me

1. the MNSSHP was a great idea
2. DS and a stroll around a disney resort, it was going to be " look, this is where you could have stayed if you were not so poor " ( i know we are not poor as we had just done 24 days in the US )
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Similar with parades, but maybe they’ll restart in 2023 but with reduced numbers. Similarly, character meets might restart in 2023?
Haha. I actually meant 2022 in the above paragraph. That is, next year. This pandemic has got me so confused I can’t even remember what year it is.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

I don't think some of the key reasons they offered Brits a free DDP have really changed. And for this reason if I had to guess I would say it will be back.

Again, why did they offer free fast passes to people ? So you would spend less time queuing and more time shopping / eating and drinking - again this will be something Disney will want people to be doing in the future.

Although I bet they will bring in things to allow us to buy extra fast passes maybe.

Early magic hours - can't see why not
Parades and fireworks - yes

I doubt we will see much for 2021 but from 2022 I expect it to go back.

Just my opinion

Edited at 09:36 PM.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
beaky2808
Very Serious Dibber

I really really hope it goes back to ‘normal’. I am forever grateful that we took my little girl on her first visit at the end of February 2020, we got home literally 2 weeks before Trump stopped all flights and about 3 weeks before the whole world was in lockdown! I look back at our photos with all the characters and it makes me feel so sad that it was so normal and now hasn’t been and won’t be for such a long time :-(
Keeping everything crossed within a couple of years we can visit again and it not feel as strange, I wouldn’t want to visit at the moment, think it would make me feel sad.
beaky2808 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 21, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by dx4100 View Post
Again, why did they offer free fast passes to people ? So you would spend less time queuing and more time shopping / eating and drinking - again this will be something Disney will want people to be doing in the future.

Although I bet they will bring in things to allow us to buy extra fast passes maybe.

Early magic hours - can't see why not
Your point about free fastpasses is interesting and is usually the reason given as to why Disney offers these.

But, surprisingly, Disney is probably the only theme park company that offers this sort of thing for free. I think every other theme park charges for guests to skip the queue in some way. You'd think that if it meant more people would be spending money eating/drinking or shopping in the park then every theme park would offer this.

But, let's face it, most people use the extra time to go on more rides. Whilst waiting for their fastpass slot for 7DMT, they'll go on Dumbo or the Barnstormer or something.

Still, I wouldn't be surprised if Disney offered a more limited free fastpass experience with the ability to purchase additional fastpasses to enhance one's experience. Or just scrapped free fastpasses altogether and only offered paid fastpasses (like Universal did with it's Express pass system).

Oh and Disney has indicated that Extra Magic Hours are no more. They're gone forever. They've replaced them with something "equivalent" (YMMV) - early park entry for onsite guests. Similar to what's offered by Universal and other theme parks. I think that change is therefore here to stay.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 21, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyfanlincs
Proud to wear my Ears

I like the optimism of some of responses and hope they’re correct and I’m wrong. However I think things will stay changed and I’m really sad. DME, EMH and FP were a big deal to us staying on site. If these have gone we will not have the driver to stay onsite. I loved the Disney bubble but it’s become really expensive and I’m not sure I can justify the cost with less advantages. So we’ll probably end up staying off site only going to the parks a couple of times or just paid events. More pool time, shopping and general Florida attractions moving forward less Disney. Perhaps less Florida too. I wonder if the ultimate ticket offered to uk people will also go too, that would be the final nail for us. I’m quite sad about this, it really was my happy place through many difficult years.
Disneyfanlincs is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 21, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
amarooney
VIP Dibber

amarooney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Disney's one and only concern is their shareholders. Anyone else being happy with the way they run things is a bonus.
amarooney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 21, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
RobandLynsey
Very Serious Dibber

This is so heart breaking to read how things have changed (I loved DDP and EMH). I suspect there will be a lot of testing the water from Disney to see how the new world is going to be. Although in normal times people would still go whatever and could get away with removing things, this pandemic has hit the pockets of a lot of people especially in the US. I think we will not see a lot of the free extras for a long while but I suspect some of the big draw items such as DDP will return as it becomes apparent people just can't justify the Disney price just not right away but after the masses don't return as they once were. (This is all just my thoughts but the world is going to be very different for a good few years as all companies were not prepared for this to happen).
Old 19 Jan 21, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

A lot of people seem to think that masks will be around for the whole of 2021 and partially 2022. I sincerely hope that this is not the case 🙈
Old 19 Jan 21, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
RobandLynsey
Very Serious Dibber

I suspect it will all be dependant on vaccine rollout and effectiveness. If the US hit their target which happens to be the same as here you MAY see them relaxing it in Sept but I would think end of the year is more likely.