Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 30 Nov 21, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney_time
Imagineer

Disney_time's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by creamcake View Post
Desperate for a Dibb Hug ... realistically it doesnt look good for our much awaited trip on the 24th Dec.

I totally understand and agree with the flight restrictions, but thats my head speaking, my heart is completely broken.

I need, and want so desperately, to see my family, they too are all heartbroken and we have had some tearful conversations over the weekend. Its just so unfair.

Not a rant, and not a vent ... just feel so down. I know we can reschedule (and most probably will) but right now it just feels horrible.
(((((Hugs))))) en route. I really feel for you. Just as we dared to dream and make tentative plans, something else comes along to foil them. This was our position last October when we had to cancel going to the Cayman Islands. DDIL was practically ill at the thought of not being able to see her parents. Anyway fast forward a year and DS and DDIL have moved to live there now and we are booked up again for Christmas. We have had so many setbacks, changed dates, cancelled flights, prospect of quarantine there, new prospect of quarantine here... I won't believe till I am on that plane.
Old 16 Dec 21, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
creamcake
Very Serious Dibber

Booked South Africa .. Back on !

It back on !

My head has been in a complete spin since the announcement of South Africa coming off the Red list .. do we go? do we leave it till next year? do we wait ? .. and a million other thoughts and worries, but the one main thought that kept coming was, who know what tomorrow will bring ?
Like I have mentioned we have faced some heartbreak that came out of nowhere, and we need to see family and have those hugs, so after a lot of searching it is rebooked.

Flying out on Xmas Day with Emirates (via Dubai) which has worked out £200 cheaper per person (x4) than Virgin and double the luggage allowance ( 2 x 23kg) .. so I can take more gifts for everyone ...win win

So so so excited / nervous / stressed / happy / anxious .. you name it, I am feeling it .. barely sleeping a wink at night and I have TONNES to do before we go !

Edited at 08:41 AM.
creamcake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Dec 21, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney_time
Imagineer

Disney_time's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by creamcake View Post
It back on !

My head has been in a complete spin since the announcement of South Africa coming off the Red list .. do we go? do we leave it till next year? do we wait ? .. and a million other thoughts and worries, but the one main thought that kept coming was, who know what tomorrow will bring ?
Like I have mentioned we have faced some heartbreak that came out of nowhere, and we need to see family and have those hugs, so after a lot of searching it is rebooked.

Flying out on Xmas Day with Emirates (via Dubai) which has worked out £200 cheaper per person (x4) than Virgin and double the luggage allowance ( 2 x 23kg) .. so I can take more gifts for everyone ...win win

So so so excited / nervous / stressed / happy / anxious .. you name it, I am feeling it .. barely sleeping a wink at night and I have TONNES to do before we go !
That's fantastic news! I'm sure you'll be fine. We have 8 boxes of covid tests with us here in Cayman (where only two weeks ago one in 19 people had covid) and are testing every day before seeing family. We also have 3 government tests to have- £150 in total - ouch. Other than supermarkets where the are super strict with masks and hand gel, we don't plan on going outwith the family bubble. On the plane for 12 hours we had FFP2 masks inside a buff/neckie thing so not too tight on the ears and we used the first defence nose spray now and again.
Old 16 Dec 21, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

So pleased to read your update.

I hope you have a fabulous time xx
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 21, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
creamcake
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Disney_time View Post
That's fantastic news! I'm sure you'll be fine. We have 8 boxes of covid tests with us here in Cayman (where only two weeks ago one in 19 people had covid) and are testing every day before seeing family. We also have 3 government tests to have- £150 in total - ouch. Other than supermarkets where the are super strict with masks and hand gel, we don't plan on going outwith the family bubble. On the plane for 12 hours we had FFP2 masks inside a buff/neckie thing so not too tight on the ears and we used the first defence nose spray now and again.
hope you're having a lovely time in the Caymans, and yes similarly we will be keeping as much as possible within our family bubbles ...so excited now
Old 17 Dec 21, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

Exciting
JessBlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List