Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 8 Sep 21, 05:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Busyb
Proud to wear my Ears

If you take a car seat without a hire car, you will need to carry it with you at the mall and Universal etc. I think your only option will be to order transport with a car seat.
Busyb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 21, 06:53 AM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
VIP Dibber

I hope you donít mind me saying but I would highly and strongly recommend, if you can hiring a car. Iíve been with that age in recent years and the parks are very hot very large and it is very useful to have the option of being able to get them back to the room for naps and breaks. We always stay on site and disney transport whilst good, is busy, hot and time consuming. Getting taxis poses a right headache with car seats and youíve got the added concern of what to do with it whilst you are in the parks if you buy and if you hire is it safe etc.
We bought over there and had them delivered to resort as they are often cheaper/about the same as hiring and you can then pick a decent seat. Car seats for the Littles is a really great site for car seat advice. We never did universal as thereís so very little they can do and I didnít fancy queuing with them for their rider switch, in disney this is way better IMO.

ETA. Iím sure if you search on my name Iíve done some hints and tips, mine are now 5&7 but weíve been with them from 15 months.
2011 - May/June Disneymoon trip! BWV & AKL.
2012 - Sept The 'anniversary trip' SSR.
2013 - October the bonus trip to POR
2015 - 20th trip!September WLV first trip with DD!
2017 - Sept Poly first trip with two toddlers!
2018 - May AKV & POR the last before school trip.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani

Edited at 06:55 AM.
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 21, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
a_broxibear
I have Ears

im not sure if they do it for a child as small as 14 months, but there is a company called BubbleBum(?) that do inflatable car seats. I plan on getting a couple of these for my boys (5 and 8) when I go next year.
a_broxibear is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 21, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
a_broxibear
I have Ears

I've also seen some bag company that creates aeroplane hand luggage that doubles as a car booster seat for children

EDIT
the company is called Trunki. I did have a picture to show, but it wont allow me to upload

Edited at 12:05 PM.
a_broxibear is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 21, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
LittleTibbs
VIP Dibber
- DIBB Advertiser -

Originally Posted by a_broxibear View Post
I've also seen some bag company that creates aeroplane hand luggage that doubles as a car booster seat for children

EDIT
the company is called Trunki. I did have a picture to show, but it wont allow me to upload
Iíve just had a look there as weíre hopefully going next year with our toddler. They look quite good. Hadnít seen them before, although he does have the normal Trunki suitcase that he can sit on and wheel about. These are the images from the website too ☺️

Creating custom illustrated gifts featuring your much loved pets

LittleTibbs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List