Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 20 Nov 21, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Gran Canaria

I have booked flights to Gran Canaria February half term. Mainly because it seems to be the best Canary Island for winter sun.

Following my other thread we have decided on all inclusive. We have never been on this type of holiday before.
I have been looking at the Lopesan group of hotels. I wondered if anyone had used these and had any thoughts on them ?

Which is the best area to go on the Island with a couple of 16 year old girls ?

We went to Peurto Rico about 30 years ago and can remember not being impressed but can’t actually remember anything about it !
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 21, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Trusty ian
Dibbing with Tink

Puerto Rico is ok for a visit but it seems a little on the quiet side esp with teenagers. Plus all those steps to the hotel's puts me off. Wherever you decide to go , make sure it's the south of the island. Couldn't believe what the difference in temp and weather on the north side was . The first time we visited gran canaria we drove to the north and didn't even get out the car! Raining.
We are going in jan and staying in maspalomas , not too busy but near enough to a bit of noise of playa del Ingles.
Kids have grown up now so just us two oldies shuffling along the sea front with our ice creams.
Not done all Inc in gran canaria , booked bed and breakfast then evening meal at restaurants in the area is our plan.
Trusty ian is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 21, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
That is really helpful thankyou. I actually thought Peurto Rico would be quite busy. I was looking at Abora Buenaventura or continental both in playa de ingles. It would be too busy in summer but maybe just right in winter do you think ?
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 21, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Edie ray
Apprentice Imagineer

Hello, wherever you go I would check that the pool is heated

We went to Fuerteventura at Easter one year and the pool was freezing so couldn’t swim

I have stayed at Lopesan Costa Meloneras which was nice on half board, think the drinks were pricey though, the spa there is absolutely amazing x
Edie ray is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 21, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

I went Playa del Ingles in my early 20s and loved it. Busy and fun in June.

Think there's a RUI hotel there and they've always been good when we've stayed in them but as PP is you want to swim ensure the pool is heated/indoor.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 21, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
enjibenji
Imagineer

enjibenji's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We flew out to Gran canaria nye 2016, next day everyone flew home lol. Very quiet, which was nice, we stayed in Playa del Ingles. We done the boat trip to Mogan for the market, thats a lovely place. We stayed quite far away from beach though, so not smack bang in the middle of stuff. Would definately go again. 😊

We stayed at Servatur Waikiki All inclusive.

Edited at 05:59 PM.
enjibenji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 21, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
Thanks everyone. I have booked Lopesan Buenaventura. It’s a cancellable rate to give peace of mind with whatever this winter brings !
Old 21 Nov 21, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
richard29
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi, we are going back to the Riu Hotel in maspalomas in Jan.
We've been before and found it to be very good.

It's all inclusive and just a very short walk along the prom to bars, restaurants and shops.

Amazing facilities at the hotel, beautiful gardens and choice of pools.
Food was very good with a good choice of restaurants within the complex which are all included in price.
You have to book for the Asian and Grill restaurants.
Old 18 Feb 23, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Frankie & gang
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by richard29 View Post
Hi, we are going back to the Riu Hotel in maspalomas in Jan.
We've been before and found it to be very good.

It's all inclusive and just a very short walk along the prom to bars, restaurants and shops.

Amazing facilities at the hotel, beautiful gardens and choice of pools.
Food was very good with a good choice of restaurants within the complex which are all included in price.
You have to book for the Asian and Grill restaurants.
Hi Richard
How was your trip to GC? We are going next Saturday (25 feb)
I wonder if you stayed at the RUI Gran Canaria? Your description sounds like our hotel.
If it was I’d love to hear what you thought & any tips
Old 18 Feb 23, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We’ve been to Gran Canaria a few times in February and the weather was always good we only ever had a couple of cloudy days.
DH has family in Las Palmas and we’ve visited a couple of times when we’ve been there and the weather was just as good as in Puerto Rico they’ve also got a lovely beach in Las Palmas it was also nowhere near as expensive as Puerto Rico.
A trip out to Puerto Mogan is wort a visit it’s beautiful