Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 23 Nov 21, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Query on flights

After reading the other thread about not getting flights you have booked and paid for I'm a bit nervous about my holiday next summer to the Maldives

I've booked using a travel counselor following recommendations on here.

When asking about how I book my seats I was told not to worry she does this for me. Having never used a TC before I wondered if I should have a flight reference number so something so I can see my booking with Emirates. Again never flee Emirates before.

I'm not in a rush to book seats, don't really want the cost for 4 across 4 flights but usually do so we're guarantee to sit together. Also want a window seat for arrival in the Maldives so the kids get to excitement of the view. Looking at potential flights the seat config is 3, 4, 3 so not ideal.

Am I worrying about nothing?
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 21, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
jim jehosofat
Imagineer

We've never been able to book seats on Emirates until our balance has been paid in full. There is a charge to book seats, from memory starting from around £20 up to £60 in economy. On the flight from Dubai to Male there are some rows at the back of the plane that are 2-3-2, but the two seaters are more expensive to book. Don't be tempted to book a window and an aisle seat in the hope that the middle seat remains empty as it is a very popular route. Don't forget to watch the landing on the flight camera, you think you are going to run out of runway and end up in the sea before the plane stops.
jim jehosofat is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 21, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jim jehosofat View Post
We've never been able to book seats on Emirates until our balance has been paid in full. There is a charge to book seats, from memory starting from around £20 up to £60 in economy. On the flight from Dubai to Male there are some rows at the back of the plane that are 2-3-2, but the two seaters are more expensive to book. Don't be tempted to book a window and an aisle seat in the hope that the middle seat remains empty as it is a very popular route. Don't forget to watch the landing on the flight camera, you think you are going to run out of runway and end up in the sea before the plane stops.
Thank you. Didn't know about the flight camera. Definitely one to look out for.

We won't be paying in full until 8 weeks before (when we absolutely have to) so guess we can't book until then.

Ideally two x two would be perfect for the one flight so both kids have a window. Alternative is a 3 and me across the aisle. All other flights were happy with whatever is allocated assuming the kids are with a parent. They will be 16 and 13 though so no guarantee. I'll take a proper look once we'd paid up in full.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 21, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Blue nose View Post
After reading the other thread about not getting flights you have booked and paid for I'm a bit nervous about my holiday next summer to the Maldives

I've booked using a travel counselor following recommendations on here.

When asking about how I book my seats I was told not to worry she does this for me. Having never used a TC before I wondered if I should have a flight reference number so something so I can see my booking with Emirates. Again never flee Emirates before.

I'm not in a rush to book seats, don't really want the cost for 4 across 4 flights but usually do so we're guarantee to sit together. Also want a window seat for arrival in the Maldives so the kids get to excitement of the view. Looking at potential flights the seat config is 3, 4, 3 so not ideal.

Am I worrying about nothing?
Contact her and tell her all this
She will be able to help you and give you the relevant ref
Did she give you the MY TC app so you have access to everything on your phone?
I’m a TC and I think this app is so great for customers and encourage mine to download it as soon as they enquire with me

Which island in the Maldives are you going to? Love the Maldives
Old 25 Nov 21, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Originally Posted by aqualiv View Post
Contact her and tell her all this
She will be able to help you and give you the relevant ref
Did she give you the MY TC app so you have access to everything on your phone?
I’m a TC and I think this app is so great for customers and encourage mine to download it as soon as they enquire with me

Which island in the Maldives are you going to? Love the Maldives
Thanks. I've just emailed her. I know I should do this but seems easier to ask on here lol.

Yes have the app but not really used it to be honest other than for the countdown ☺️

Edit to add: just seen your countdown. Have a lovely trip. Bet you can't wait.😍

Edited at 08:33 AM.
Old 25 Nov 21, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Blue nose View Post
Thanks. I've just emailed her. I know I should do this but seems easier to ask on here lol.

Yes have the app but not really used it to be honest other than for the countdown ☺️

Edit to add: just seen your countdown. Have a lovely trip. Bet you can't wait.😍
That’s good 👍🏻
Yes! Can’t believe we re going actually, all quite last minute!
Want to go to Maldives again next year!
Old 25 Nov 21, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Originally Posted by aqualiv View Post
That’s good 👍🏻
Yes! Can’t believe we re going actually, all quite last minute!
Want to go to Maldives again next year!
I hope you have an amazing time.

So I've emailed my TC as you said.

Can't book seats until flight is ticketed (not sure what the means) and paid in full - won't be doing that until last minute

Did find out though I'm flying Qatar on the Dreamliner and not Emirates as I thought. Apparently this is good, off to Google Dreamliner 😊
Old 25 Nov 21, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

So you’ll be going via Doha
We’ve done this - nice big airport
Do you have a seaplane transfer?
If so check what time you are due to land before your flights are ticketed
Old 25 Nov 21, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Yes Doha but a speed boat transfer not sea plane.