Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 9 Oct 21, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by munmun View Post
A car will be more of a hindrance than a help in central Seattle. Public transport is excellent and hotel parking is pricey.

When have you booked to go. We are also going on a cruise to Alaska from Seattle, its an expedition boat 80 people, no towns just kayaking, hiking, paddle boarding and skiff riding in the wilderness with UNCRUISE we have travelled with them before and fits are likes.

We have booked Motif in the centre and nearly booked Hilton next door with my points.

Enjoy, I love Seattle, when are you going?
We are going on a Royal Caribbean cruise (so a really big ship), in mid Sept, we aren’t super active so your cruise sounds way too challenging for us! Not worked out flights yet but will probably do 2 weeks away from home - our cruise is 7 nights.

Visits Skagway, Juneau, Victoria and Endicott Arms and Dawes Glacier.

I’ll check out hotel options, we aren’t good at public transport (we have almost none at home) but managed in DC and NYC so if it is similar we might cope
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 21, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lizzim View Post
We are going on a Royal Caribbean cruise (so a really big ship), in mid Sept, we aren’t super active so your cruise sounds way too challenging for us! Not worked out flights yet but will probably do 2 weeks away from home - our cruise is 7 nights.

Visits Skagway, Juneau, Victoria and Endicott Arms and Dawes Glacier.

I’ll check out hotel options, we aren’t good at public transport (we have almost none at home) but managed in DC and NYC so if it is similar we might cope
Sounds fab, really hope you see whales and bears, we saw lots on our last trip 5 years ago.

Juneau is fun, we end our cruise there and have an airbnd booked for a few days, you could get a cab or tour to the Mendenhall (sp) glacier or go up the cable car that is walking distance from the docks, the views are magnificent from the top and there are some short walks if you don't fancy a hike. The sea planes buzz in and out of Juneau, they are fun to watch.

You will not regret it, Alaska gets under your skin!
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 21, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
anji
VIP Dibber

Parking is expensive and you won't need a car as transport so good. I second the Go Seattle card as it saved us a lot of $.

I've done a trip report - in signature - if you want to have a look. We had 3 nights there before driving south. Highly recommend the free walking tour (via Tripadviser) as he was just great. Feel free to PM me if you've got any questions.

Hope to be going back in September - 3rd attempt, so fingers crossed we don't have to cancel again!

Index to all trip reports here https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...3#post15913083
Seattle to San Francisco
Road Trip Florida 2017
New England Road Trip 2019
Florida Road Trip 2022
Canada/Pacific NW Road Trip 2022
Cyprus Chill week May 2023
Road Trip California & Arizona 2023
anji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 21, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
wdw-wanderer
Apprentice Imagineer

Chilhouey Sculpture Park by the Space Needle is worth visiting and I enjoyed the Gold Rush Museum in Pioneer Square as well. Pike Place market is full of flowers and fish and you can see the first Starbucks from there too.
wdw-wanderer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 21, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
itsrachelhere
Imagineer

itsrachelhere's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Lizzim View Post
Next Sept we are going on an Alaska cruise sailing from Seattle.

We plan to arrive a few days early (to allow for any COVID test requirements that might still exist) and probably stay a couple of days after the cruise too.

Potentially we will have up to a week in total to spend in the area so I am looking for tips of what to see and do - we will probably have a car so can go a little further afield if it is worthwhile.

Any suggestions / trip reports to read?
Mount Rainier NP is definitely worth the trip! The whole seafront area is great to walk along, and then the obvious of Pike Market and the original Starbucks.

We are also cruising to Alaska but from Vancouver, although flying into Seattle first before travelling up (it just made sense due to airmiles). I am a nervous about all the uncertainty about what the requirements will be. We will arrive into Vancouver over 48 before our departure time, so as things stand that should work, but it's the logistics of getting a test (arggh!).
itsrachelhere is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 21, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Have a look at the space needle
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 21, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Love this thread!
I’m going in June & can’t wait! We’ve had 3 cancellations from 2020 so I’ve just rebooked it. We’re staying in Downtown a lovely little boutique hotel called hotel Max, seems walkable to most places.
Loving all the suggestions & we’re big music people (early 90s grunge) so we’ll be doing lots of stalking of those famous sites!

✨Disneyland Paris - 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 x3, 18, 19x2, 22, 24.
✨Disneyworld Florida - 08, 14, 15, 17, 25.
✨Disneyland Tokyo & Disney Sea - 2016.
✨Disneyland California - 2018, 2023
✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
⭐️NYC - 2016, 2017, 2019.
⭐️Las Vegas, Grand Canyon -2018
⭐️San Francisco, Las Vegas & Antelope Canyon -19 ⭐️Washington DC - 22⭐️LA/Anaheim-23 ⭐️Seattle -24
LOU LOU DISNEY is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 21, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
Any thought on what is a reasonable flight cost (in economy) to Seattle?

I’ve started looking and it seems to be about £1275 for 2 adults with Virgin and BA in Sept.

If I add a pre cruise hotel (5 nights) I can get a total price of about £2000 but not sure if that’s good or not?
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 21, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

We paid about £800 each but it’s a hotel & flight package with BA.
We’re going for a week so I thought this was a fab price!

✨Disneyland Paris - 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 x3, 18, 19x2, 22, 24.
✨Disneyworld Florida - 08, 14, 15, 17, 25.
✨Disneyland Tokyo & Disney Sea - 2016.
✨Disneyland California - 2018, 2023
✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
⭐️NYC - 2016, 2017, 2019.
⭐️Las Vegas, Grand Canyon -2018
⭐️San Francisco, Las Vegas & Antelope Canyon -19 ⭐️Washington DC - 22⭐️LA/Anaheim-23 ⭐️Seattle -24
LOU LOU DISNEY is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 22, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
Has anyone stayed at (or visited) the Kimpton Hotel Vintage Seattle?