Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 26 Nov 21, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Today is all about how to use up leftovers! Lunch was turkey, cranberry and Brie toastie for Adam and Turkey and Brie salad for me (I love bread but it doesn’t agree with me).

Tonight’s dinner will be Thanksgiving all over again! 😆
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 21, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

I’m absolutely stuffed after eating this beautiful pecan pie made by my friend so not sure how I would have managed to fit in a meal too!
Everyone’s food looks fabulous I wish I lived closer Colette to help you with all those gorgeous leftovers 😍 I always mean to make the marshmallow dish but so far have never actually tried it...perhaps this year!
Love your leftover toasties Michelle, your meal looks great it was so nice of you to share with your neighbours. If the weather wasn’t going to be so bad you could have driven up with some leftovers, decorated my tree and we could have taken the dogs for walk along the beach at Bamburgh 😆
So thankful you are all posting lovely photos and some of you have even had a proper USA thanksgiving, pleased the Yorkshire puddings went down well Helen.
Can’t wait to see your photos Abby...hope the kids don’t miss the lack of Yorkshire puddings in your menu-I’ll have a weekend tipple for you to toast all your preparations. Enjoy your meal 🍸
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 21, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Brilliant lots more yummy meals posted today and the leftovers

Bethdisney your meal looks absolutely delicious right now. Our dinner is still in the over and I so wish I could tuck into yours.

Silvie your meal looks lovely. No washing up for you by the looks of it very sensible.

Michelle, your salad does look good, but I would have preferred the toastie, that looked scrummy and you've got a whole thanksgiving dinner on repeat tonight too.

OB1 your pie looks real tasty, we all wish we pop in to Colette and help her out with the leftovers I'm celebrating getting all the shopping I needed at Tesco with a Backscratcher cocktail, same recipe as 'Ohana, dark and light rum, passion fruit juice and a bourbon float. Prosecco already in the fridge for tomorrow Chin chin x

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 21, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post

I’m absolutely stuffed after eating this beautiful pecan pie made by my friend so not sure how I would have managed to fit in a meal too!
Everyone’s food looks fabulous I wish I lived closer Colette to help you with all those gorgeous leftovers 😍 I always mean to make the marshmallow dish but so far have never actually tried it...perhaps this year!
Love your leftover toasties Michelle, your meal looks great it was so nice of you to share with your neighbours. If the weather wasn’t going to be so bad you could have driven up with some leftovers, decorated my tree and we could have taken the dogs for walk along the beach at Bamburgh 😆
So thankful you are all posting lovely photos and some of you have even had a proper USA thanksgiving, pleased the Yorkshire puddings went down well Helen.
Can’t wait to see your photos Abby...hope the kids don’t miss the lack of Yorkshire puddings in your menu-I’ll have a weekend tipple for you to toast all your preparations. Enjoy your meal 🍸
Oh my, that pecan pie looks amazing! I would absolutely love to pop up with leftovers and decorate your tree. We could walk the dogs and then drink wine. 😉💝
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 21, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Cooper decided that he doesn’t like Turkey 😳 so for dinner tonight I made him Turkey pesto pasta with asparagus ... and he ate it all! 😂🙄 Adam and I had thanks giving dinner again.

Old 27 Nov 21, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

heres a small summary of our thanksgiving dinner

alchemilla was *stunning*

wont be going back in a rush, but thats only due to the cost. but for a special meal (in this case, a belated birthday) you cant get much better!

...obviously theres salt bae, and all the other 3* michelin chefs, but as a first entry into this sort of stuff, i'm glad i started here. alex bond is a genius, and i'm going to be spending time soon trying to figure out how to make some of the components of this meal. time to get the modernist cuisine and el bulli books into action!
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 21, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Here I am this morning just about to make the pumpkin cheesecake Colette shared.

It came out brilliantly. While cooling it cracked on top, this photo is from when I first took it out the oven.

Next up I got the Turkey in with its honey and wholegrain mustard glaze. It was a Turkey crown and I served it all. We only managed to eat about half.

I split the cornbread across two pans, and reduced the sugar by half. This was a good move as it was still sweet, but sadly I burnt the edge of one bake.

I cut off and ate the burnt bit, it didn't taste too bad actually.

For the mash I added a little cream and some cream cheese to the usual milk and butter. This came out lovely.

This is the same stuffing I made last year, sausagemeat, onion, celery, cubed bread, hazelnuts, cranberries with 2 eggs and a cup of chicken stock. Cooks for 1 hour and is very good.

The veggies were roasted butternut squash and Brussels sprouts, plus green beans and sweet corn in a lemon butter.

Here's the whole spread.

We've got loads of leftovers, so looks like we will be having round 2 tomorrow!

We did managed to squeeze in a slice of the cheesecake and oh my goodness this was yummy!

After that I had to pop upstairs and change into a pair of elasticated waist pants!

I'm thankful for you all sharing your ideas and recipes. I've added lots of new recipes to my cookbook, that cornbread is definitely a keeper, the whisking of the mash is inspired and the pumpkin cheesecake is delicious.

Edited at 08:14 PM.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 21, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Looks amazing
Glad you found the whisking of the mash helpful
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 21, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Here I am this morning just about to make the pumpkin cheesecake Colette shared.

It came out brilliantly. While cooling it cracked on top, this photo is from when I first took it out the oven.

Next up I got the Turkey in with its honey and wholegrain mustard glaze. It was a Turkey crown and I served it all. We only managed to eat about half.

I split the cornbread across two pans, and reduced the sugar by half. This was a good move as it was still sweet, but sadly I burnt the edge of one bake.

I cut off and ate the burnt bit, it didn't taste too bad actually.

For the mash I added a little cream and some cream cheese to the usual milk and butter. This came out lovely.

This is the same stuffing I made last year, sausagemeat, onion, celery, cubed bread, hazelnuts, cranberries with 2 eggs and a cup of chicken stock. Cooks for 1 hour and is very good.

The veggies were roasted butternut squash and Brussels sprouts, plus green beans and sweet corn in a lemon butter.

Here's the whole spread.

We've got loads of leftovers, so looks like we will be having round 2 tomorrow!

We did managed to squeeze in a slice of the cheesecake and oh my goodness this was yummy!

After that I had to pop upstairs and change into a pair of elasticated waist pants!

I'm thankful for you all sharing your ideas and recipes. I've added lots of new recipes to my cookbook, that cornbread is definitely a keeper, the whisking of the mash is inspired and the pumpkin cheesecake is delicious.
Abby, you have outdone yourself! Everything looks delicious and that cheesecake 😍 is fabulous! Leftovers are amazing and I’m pleased the whisking worked for you too! Stretchy pants are a necessity 😉 💝
Old 28 Nov 21, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
I stil feel stuffed this morning! We are going to make a start on the Christmas decs later so our leftovers will be the perfect accompaniment.