Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 27 Nov 21, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by FloridaAnn & Co View Post
Had we better book this quickly before they bump the price up?
They probably will bump it up but it’s not very quick so unless you don’t mind waiting longer it may not be the best for you
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 21, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
To OP Lou, the buffoon said it's only for 3 weeks but of course we locked down for 3 weeks to flatten the curve some time in the dim distant past & we know how well that went!
Although not USA we are going to Netherlands to see our son & the closer we get the less likely it looks!
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 21, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Pupbelly View Post
We fly to New York on Thursday and return on Monday. The day 2 kit we have now is useless now then? That’s was a waste of £104! 😡
At present the date for starting the pcr tests has not been announced

We will return to having LFTs so it can be used at a later dare
Old 27 Nov 21, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MTEC View Post
How much are pcr tests? Ive got the boots tests booked for a week on tuesday for going out but obv need to sort pcrs for the rerurn. There are 5 of us so dreading this. Ans wr land home christmas eve! No family round xmas day?! The childrens dad was wanting to see them.
It will be reviewed in 3 weeks so don't panic about Christmas yet
Old 27 Nov 21, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
vicannp
Gone all Goofy

Originally Posted by LouH View Post
.:.. on return to the uk 😭😭

Well that’s a rock a hard place we are stuck between.

Paid balance today so everything is paid.
Travel 18/12 for 2 weeks.
Land on 2/1 and go back to my job in a school on the 4th!

My relaxed wahooooo status has gone to stress in a nanosecond
Also going on 18th and my head is in exactly the same place.

My stress level has just gone higher than cruising altitude!

vicannp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 01:04 AM  
Link to this Post
porridge
Apprentice Imagineer

Same. We are going to New York 18-23 Dec. Land on Xmas eve. With the added complication that my daughter and her partner are due to go on a uk break 11 days after landing. So we’ll have to do the tests at the airport after we’ve landed, in case they’re positive. I think they are £99 each ☹️
porridge is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
sizzle
Very Serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 11
Originally Posted by anna68 View Post
We fly to nyc Wednesday returning Monday too 😄
We fly to NYC on Wednesday as well hopefully, but then travelling onto Washington DC after 3 nights.
Old 28 Nov 21, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
themeparksandy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rapscallion View Post
My 9 year old currently has COVID and her self isolation will only just be over when we go to the US.

So, yeah not looking good for her return test. Surely this has previously been a common scenario though. How did it work in the past for PCR return tests...
I was told after Self isolating for 10 days not to test again for another 80 days as you will get mixed results. So I think as long as your isolation day ends before you fly and you not still got a high temperature you will be fine to fly and won’t need to take a test before or after you landed.
themeparksandy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Originally Posted by themeparksandy View Post
I was told after Self isolating for 10 days not to test again for another 80 days as you will get mixed results. So I think as long as your isolation day ends before you fly and you not still got a high temperature you will be fine to fly and won’t need to take a test before or after you landed.
Sorry do you THINK this or KNOW this ?

We had Covid at the end of October and were planning on flying 19th and back on the 23rd the rules were ok for my self and DW as we are double jabbed and bolstered but DD has only had one and of course no certificate. We all took LFT yesterday I tested positive by DD and DW tested negative.
We are self employed and have to be back to work on Christmas Eve which is likely to make up 90% of our December income. So if we are OK without a temperature as within the 90days that is great but I read it as we need to have a negative PCR within 2 days of landing which could be positive and in any event even though we land at 8am we need to start work at 5am on the 24th so for me we can’t travel. I would love to be reading this wrong but I am pretty sure I am not.

Edited at 10:06 AM.
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List