Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 28 Nov 21, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Hammerstone
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by abiknox View Post
How late was the flight in the end? I lost the plot and didn't even check what time we arrived!

As mentioned above.

I told the stewardess to tell the pilot to slow down a bit as it was looking like at one point we would get there literally a minute or two inside the 3 hour window haha.

The whole flight was a shambles though. The aircraft was good about 15 years ago! I was surprised not to see ashtrays in the armrests
Hammerstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by abiknox View Post
We were on the flight too. Absolute chaos, and the worst experience we have ever had flying to the USA.
Oh goodness, so sorry to hear that. Can I ask what happened? BA just not being very communicative?
Old 28 Nov 21, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Hammerstone
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
Oh goodness, so sorry to hear that. Can I ask what happened? BA just not being very communicative?
Basically,

The original aircraft BA planned for the route was late/had technical issues. It then took them hours to source some scrap heap in a hanger which needed towing from terminal 4, and then cleaning etc. by the time that happened it took off 4 hours late.

The aircraft was configured differently seating wise and as a result many families/groups were displaced. I paid £140+ for specifically the two seats at the rear but instead got the usuals 3 across with a random sitting next to me, so that was wasted.

Then the meal came out which was a choice between vegetarian or vegetarian. A lot of drink choices ran out by 5 hours in also.

The crew were equally fu<ked off with it. The captain to his credit was doing the rounds in departures.

The irony is if we departed on time at 1205 in that aircraft and flew the way we did, we would of arrived an hour early. I’ve put my compo claim in which could be potentially £1000 back.

Edited at 11:59 AM.
Hammerstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
nursetina
Apprentice Imagineer

We were on this flight too, it was the worst trip ever, no communication. The boards in terminal weren't updated, only knew as looked on my BA app! How do we claim the compensation? I too didnt get the seats I used my avios points to pay for. So many families separated, truly awful start
nursetina is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Hammerstone
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by nursetina View Post
We were on this flight too, it was the worst trip ever, no communication. The boards in terminal weren't updated, only knew as looked on my BA app! How do we claim the compensation? I too didnt get the seats I used my avios points to pay for. So many families separated, truly awful start
britishairways/trave...service-portal

This covers it
Old 28 Nov 21, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Hammerstone View Post
Basically,

The original aircraft BA planned for the route was late/had technical issues. It then took them hours to source some scrap heap in a hanger which needed towing from terminal 4, and then cleaning etc. by the time that happened it took off 4 hours late.

The aircraft was configured differently seating wise and as a result many families/groups were displaced. I paid £140+ for specifically the two seats at the rear but instead got the usuals 3 across with a random sitting next to me, so that was wasted.

Then the meal came out which was a choice between vegetarian or vegetarian. A lot of drink choices ran out by 5 hours in also.

The crew were equally fu<ked off with it. The captain to his credit was doing the rounds in departures.

The irony is if we departed on time at 1205 in that aircraft and flew the way we did, we would of arrived an hour early. I’ve put my compo claim in which could be potentially £1000 back.
Sorry to hear of your rubbish flight
BA are very good at paying compensation, well they were a few years ago when we were delayed at MCO on the return journey
Just sent in form & had money in bank within 2 weeks
Have a FAB holiday

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1266923

ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
nursetina
Apprentice Imagineer

britishairways/trave...service-portal

This covers it
Thankyou. Just completed it 👍
nursetina is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Basically,

Sounds horrendous! 😖 Hope you manage to get some compensation. Have a lovely holiday, at least you're there now! 👏🏼
Old 29 Nov 21, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
greggo6
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
We arrived in Orlando yesterday, flying with Virgin Atlantic. It was a great flight and experience. I have done a photo report of our experience if you are interested. See here: https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1209261
Old 29 Nov 21, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by greggo6 View Post
We arrived in Orlando yesterday, flying with Virgin Atlantic. It was a great flight and experience. I have done a photo report of our experience if you are interested. See here: https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1209261
Have a wonderful time, I've stayed in one of those 1 beds before and they're fantastic. Enjoy your stay there!