Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 28 Nov 21, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneytown
I want to go now!

PCR Test at Arrivals at Manchester Airport

Has anyone used the Randox testing centre at the arrivals hall at Manchester Airport?

I am just thinking it would be very convenient to just book to get it done there if it is not too far from the arrivals hall?
Disneytown is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 11:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Kimbers
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Hello; no I haven’t but I was just looking at this online and can only see lateral flow as an option: We fly out on Tuesday and return on the 22nd so just looking at options as our Breathe assured LFT now useless x
Kimbers is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 21, 12:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Disneytown
I want to go now!

Hello,

I had another look at the website and I can see the 2 day PCR test from £55 but just wondering how far away it is from the T2 arrivals hall as one reviewer said it was hard to find and they had to go outside. I also know there is another testing centre near Cafe Nero but that is quite a long way to go with the cases etc, and dont want to book the wrong one!

manchester airport
MANCHESTER AIRPORT

Next day PCR results up to 11:59*

Prices from £55
BOOK DAY 2 BOOK DAY 8

*We aim to provide next day results up to 11.59pm. Delivery dates for test results are approximate
Disneytown is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 21, 12:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Kimbers
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Agh great, well, sorry I can’t be of any help but will follow this with interest as I am sure many people will have a similar question!
Kimbers is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 21, 01:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

The Randox walk in testing facility inside T2 is on the ground floor close to the point where you walk out into the terminal from baggage reclaim. It's at the bottom end near the (now closed) pub and amusement arcade. Don't confuse it with the drive through facility when you book.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 21, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
emmabrown68
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
The Randox walk in testing facility inside T2 is on the ground floor close to the point where you walk out into the terminal from baggage reclaim. It's at the bottom end near the (now closed) pub and amusement arcade. Don't confuse it with the drive through facility when you book.
Very helpful. Thanks for that info.
IDrive 91, Enclave Suites 07, Southern Dunes 09, Quality Inn Plaza, Hard Rock Hotel, Grand Plaza Beachfront Resort Hotel (St Petes), Orlando Metropolitan Express & Buena Vista Palace Hotel 10!, The Florida Hotel 11, Hampton Lakes 12, Bridgewater Crossing 12, Vegas/LA 13, Tall Grass Villa 13, The Florida Hotel 13, Bridgewater Crossing 15, Terrace Ridge 16, West Haven 17,18,July 19, Dec 19 & Dec 21, West Haven & Cabana Bay 22
emmabrown68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 21, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneytown
I want to go now!

I wonder how it works if your flight is delayed and you miss the appointment time.

Thanks for the info.
Old 29 Nov 21, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

Government say rapid day 2 pcr tests not accepted. twitter/Collinson/status...fP4KOhsiQ&s=19
aprilshack is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 21, 07:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Tracydcp
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Disneytown View Post
I wonder how it works if your flight is delayed and you miss the appointment time.

Thanks for the info.
Yes I was wondering that too. Also what sort of time would you book as you have to select a time slot but how do you know how long it will take after landing?

April/May 2009, October 2011, May 2013, May 2015
August 2020 We’re going back!
Tracydcp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 21, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Tigger71
Imagineer

Tigger71's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by aprilshack View Post
Government say rapid day 2 pcr tests not accepted. twitter/Collinson/status...fP4KOhsiQ&s=19
As I understand it, its not that its rapid, its more that this particular provider’s rapid tests doesnt meet all government requirements (they have rules on documentation and for example how many strains it need to test for etc). Collinsons current rapid test is for departure and those type of tests have less requirements.

So key things to look for: 1) provider on gov.uk list and 2) provider clearly sells it as a Day2 test.

Edited at 08:24 AM.
Tigger71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List