Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 28 Jun 21, 07:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Neilandrewhall
Excited about Disney

Iron Gwazi

Does anyone know what's going on with Iron Gwazi?

Looking at Vlogs it looks complete yet it's not open?

Hopefully be able to ride by next year.
Neilandrewhall is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 21, 07:39 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
It's finished but no opening date. Apparently they are waiting for crowds to increase before opening to justify having the full staffing levels the ride needs to operate and Busch Gardens isn't busy enough yet. Seems mad. Open it and people will come surely?

Looking forward to this next year. The old one was so jerky!
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 21, 07:42 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I am also really looking forward to this ride next Easter.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 21, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
m2k00
Apprentice Imagineer

From what I have read they are holding off opening it, along with ice breaker at Seaworld and their new coasters at their other Busch gardens park and Seaworld in san diago The parks are doing well attendance wise due to pent up demand following all of the restrictions. They then plan to open them later to give them an attendance boost. Which is what all new ride investments are designed to do, as currently people are visiting without these new rides open. I last read likely to open towards end of this year.
m2k00 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 21, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Wolf1984
Imagineer

Gwazi was testing with human riders just yesterday!

Check out Midway Mayhem on You Tube. Video is only a few hours old. Dan captures some fantastic footage with his drone. We'll worth a watch and should give a few people on here an injection of hope and excitement that it may yet open for Fall 21.
Wolf1984 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 21, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
The Busch Gardens website says it'll open in 2021. So it looks like they still plan to open it sometime this year. They are probably waiting until things open up a bit more.

I wouldn't be surprised if it opened this Summer. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if they started soft openings in the next couple of weeks.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 21, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Fraser789
Very Serious Dibber

I'm hoping this opens by the time we go in September it looks amazing! It will be a shame to miss out.
Fraser789 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 21, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
m8rty
Getting Excited

Can't see Iron Gwazi opening up anytime soon, I keep checking online but there's nothing...

Maybe a big PR push in the new year leading to an Easter opening?
m8rty is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 21, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

It is a bit odd, the peak period in Orlando is pretty much coming to an end. It's been finished for many months now, makes it sound like a 2021 opening is less likely now.
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 21, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by dan223 View Post
It is a bit odd, the peak period in Orlando is pretty much coming to an end. It's been finished for many months now, makes it sound like a 2021 opening is less likely now.
Yeah, it makes no sense. It's been complete and running since the end of last year.

My earlier guess that it would open in mid-July (ish) was totally wrong! Maybe they'll open it a week or two before Thanksgiving?

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List