Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 17 Oct 21, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

Does anybody make their own pork stuffing? - just wondered if there are any good recipes about. It’s always something I’ve wanted to do, but I always end up buying pre-made.
MarkUK is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 21, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMadMummy
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We are a large family in a small home, so no table here.
My partner works, he leaves around 9am and gets back around 5pm. So it's just me cooking for the family usually but this year my eldest, 13, wants to help so that's something!
Old 17 Oct 21, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Firstxmastrip
Imagineer

Firstxmastrip's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Picalily View Post
Hi, Firstxmastrip, there are quite a few indian takeaways open as being from a different cuiture they don't celebrate Christmas. Try it, you won't regret it.
im going to have a look! thank you
Firstxmastrip is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 21, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

I must admit, I've always loved those huge family Christmas dinners too when I was younger It was usually just the 4 of us when we were young but it was always a happy joyous occasion. We never had much, but we certainly didn't go without and I honestly don't know how my Mum did it as she certainly pushed the boat out when it came to food

Well, I have happily carried on that tradition as I'm extremely greedy lol . So, traditionally at midnight we open pressies as this was something we did when we were young lol.

Then for Christmas, we have it with just our immediate family. So me my four children and eldest DS girlfriend.

There is no rhyme or reason to what my Christmas dinner is, really it's whatever takes my fancy and likely to have something from a holiday destination bunged in too. It's also the only time we are all at the table together.

This year though it will be:

6 Gressingham Poussins cut in half, so everyone gets a half as they don't want turkey, Duke of Beef, Lamb in red wine, Seafood Bouillabaisse, Smoked Scottish Side of Salmon with a Honey & Lemon Glaze, Four Cheese Cauliflower Gratin, Brussels Sprout Gratin, Potato Dauphinoise, red Cabbage, Paella, Macaroni Cheese Pie, Plantain, Steamed vegetables, carrots, roast potatoes, Yorkshire Puddings, Parsnips, Gravy. For Desserts, Churro Block, Sticky Toffee Crown and custard, Yuletide log, Smash cake. There should also be Fiona Cairns cupcakes to have as a light snack afterwards too. It's all served self serve and kept hot in hostess trolleys and foil trays. A lot of it also will be coming from M&S so minimal actual cooking and mess afterwards. It's always a lovely atmosphere and I love the joy in the air. We do have crackers as I like everyone to have a party hat on too lol.

I like to try to serve up by 1:30pm so that there is time to eat at a relaxed pace lol. I also have Gavin & Stacey's Christmas Special on whilst I'm doing the cooking on too as it really cheers me up and gets me in the festive mood

I will definitely be stealing that table gift idea - it's fab

Edited at 09:49 PM.
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 21, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post
skinnybaby
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by happytraveller View Post
I must admit, I've always loved those huge family Christmas dinners too when I was younger It was usually just the 4 of us when we were young but it was always a happy joyous occasion. We never had much, but we certainly didn't go without and I honestly don't know how my Mum did it as she certainly pushed the boat out when it came to food

Well, I have happily carried on that tradition as I'm extremely greedy lol . So, traditionally at midnight we open pressies as this was something we did when we were young lol.

Then for Christmas, we have it with just our immediate family. So me my four children and eldest DS girlfriend.

There is no rhyme or reason to what my Christmas dinner is, really it's whatever takes my fancy and likely to have something from a holiday destination bunged in too. It's also the only time we are all at the table together.

This year though it will be:

6 Gressingham Poussins cut in half, so everyone gets a half as they don't want turkey, Duke of Beef, Lamb in red wine, Seafood Bouillabaisse, Smoked Scottish Side of Salmon with a Honey & Lemon Glaze, Four Cheese Cauliflower Gratin, Brussels Sprout Gratin, Potato Dauphinoise, red Cabbage, Paella, Macaroni Cheese Pie, Plantain, Steamed vegetables, carrots, roast potatoes, Yorkshire Puddings, Parsnips, Gravy. For Desserts, Churro Block, Sticky Toffee Crown and custard, Yuletide log, Smash cake. There should also be Fiona Cairns cupcakes to have as a light snack afterwards too. It's all served self serve and kept hot in hostess trolleys and foil trays. A lot of it also will be coming from M&S so minimal actual cooking and mess afterwards. It's always a lovely atmosphere and I love the joy in the air. We do have crackers as I like everyone to have a party hat on too lol.

I like to try to serve up by 1:30pm so that there is time to eat at a relaxed pace lol. I also have Gavin & Stacey's Christmas Special on whilst I'm doing the cooking on too as it really cheers me up and gets me in the festive mood

I will definitely be stealing that table gift idea - it's fab
Wow I'm greedy too and i looove the sound of your dinner/dinners

I'm of the opinion that more is more, problem is I'm the only one
skinnybaby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 21, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinks2014
Imagineer

Before !

Chaos During 😂

Was limited with guests last Christmas but not this year 😀
Table will be fully extended!
All the usual food, turkey, gammon, pigs in blankets.sausage meat stuffing , cauliflower cheese, Yorkshire’s.
Usually too full for dessert so have that later .
We have a kitchen diner so tend to use that for breakfast with crossaints , Buck’s Fizz and set up the evening buffet.
We usually clear the table and play games and drink more wine , eat more chocolates
Tinks2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 21, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
ginwithaslice
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I do a lot of prep on Xmas eve including cooking a small ham which usually ends up in sandwiches after Xmas eve drinks 🍸
Christmas Dinner is usually the three of us now my parents are gone and sometimes the odd waif or stray. I buy a stuffed turkey breast so there's no waste. My favourite meal of the year is cold leftovers in the evening with various chutneys and salad!
Boxing day is drinks and buffet at my sil house, later on in the day so boys can go to football.

Loving the table gifts idea!
ginwithaslice is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 21, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Emmie2016
Imagineer

We usually go to my in laws and have a simple meal. We travel down in the morning and have to be back home in the evening (for the animals and its a 4 hour round trip). We moved closer to them this year, so we are hosting Christmas for the first time. Still a small one with just us four.

I've ordered everything from M&S for a smooth easy day, fingers crossed anyway.

I've never set a table though! So I need to get something for that.

Everyone else usually goes to my in laws on boxing day, its manic and we usually avoid 🤣
Old 18 Oct 21, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
greggo6
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I always spend Christmas with my Mum & Dad. Setting the table is always my job and I do love making it look all christmassy! The roast potatoes are also my task. We have Christmas day split up really well and makes it relaxed for us. We have the starter (prawn cocktail) at 11:30, then full roast dinner at 15:30 followed by dessert in the evening.

Old 19 Oct 21, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by greggo6 View Post
I always spend Christmas with my Mum & Dad. Setting the table is always my job and I do love making it look all christmassy! The roast potatoes are also my task. We have Christmas day split up really well and makes it relaxed for us. We have the starter (prawn cocktail) at 11:30, then full roast dinner at 15:30 followed by dessert in the evening.

You can pop round and make my roasties too if they look like this!
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List