Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 21 Oct 21, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Bridget
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Pumpkin Pie View Post
I’m enjoying it. I think Jurgen or the Italian bloke (can’t remember his name) will win. Don’t really have a favourite this year yet but there is one (female) who I find really annoying but I’ll leave it at that!
Did she get voted off this week?
Old 21 Oct 21, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
Did she get voted off this week?
Hah - no but she was a close second!
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 21, 07:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

We are watching as usual. Giuseppe seems to be pulling ahead at the moment but I am hoping a couple of others start to make it more of a competition. There is one of the women that has done good stuff but doesn’t seem to get a lot of credit for it, for that reason I can’t remember which one, maybe Crystelle?

Edited at 07:49 AM.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 21, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Bridget
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
We are watching as usual. Giuseppe seems to be pulling ahead at the moment but I am hoping a couple of others start to make it more of a competition. There is one of the women that has done good stuff but doesn’t seem to get a lot of credit for it, for that reason I can’t remember which one, maybe Crystelle?
Well deserved star baker this week. I think she will make last three with Giuseppe and Juergen
Old 23 Nov 21, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
kate18
Trainee Dibber

Yay Giuseppe won. He was nearly excellent right from the start of the series. They all did well to get tothe final . Sad its all over now.
kate18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 21, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
babbymint
Imagineer

Originally Posted by kate18 View Post
Yay Giuseppe won. He was nearly excellent right from the start of the series. They all did well to get tothe final . Sad its all over now.
Well that will teach me to look at forum spy before watching bake off
babbymint is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 21, 11:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Wee_Red
Imagineer

Wee_Red's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I really enjoyed this season. Haven't always loved since the switch to Channel 4 but the contestants were lovely this year. Watching has been like eating a bowl of soup on a freezing cold day. Comforting in a way you didn't know you needed
Wee_Red is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 21, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Bianca
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Wee_Red View Post
I really enjoyed this season. Haven't always loved since the switch to Channel 4 but the contestants were lovely this year. Watching has been like eating a bowl of soup on a freezing cold day. Comforting in a way you didn't know you needed
Yes!

I really liked all 3 finalists and they seemed well-matched overall, so I think this year's announcement of the winner was one of the biggest surprises (whoever it had been). I thought the standard of baking seemed higher this final, too, or, at least, the finesse (despite a few hiccups).

P.S. The time and space they are given for the challenges (like the final showstopper) is stressful just to watch!

“I cannot discover that anyone knows enough to say definitely what is and what is not possible", Henry Ford

Contemporary Resort - Disneyland Hotel - Treehouse Villas - Vistana - Youth Hostel Anaheim - Quality Inn Intern'l Dr - Port Orleans Riverside
Bianca is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 21, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
The Fatadder
Apprentice Imagineer

First time in ages that there was a final 4 in which my wife and I were happy to see any of them win. Although last night's episode was rather spoiled by Sky's series link randomly disappearing (for the second time in this series) so we missed the first half of the episode. (H decided that if we didnt watch the second half live there was no way she was managing to get through today without seeing the winner).

A bit late now, but did anyone else have random sound issues in the cutaways where Noel / Matt were speaking about the contestant's plan? Throughout this series it randomly goes quiet for a word or two during those segments (but never anywhere else or on other programes)
The Fatadder is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 21, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
^^^ final 3.

Lovely, gentle, inoffensive TV isn't it?

Well, it was, until Juergen got voted out anyway, and then I really lost my ≈≈≈≈. If Paul Hollywood had popped by for a cup of tea last week, I'd likely have killed him with my bare hands.

(Aside: Juergen's Instagram account is, typically, charming: instagram/juergenthebrea...dium=copy_link)

I think Crystelle was favourite going into the final round, but her disastrous focaccia probably cost her. All that oil!

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List