Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 21 Oct 21, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Didgey View Post
Come on, drop this sensibility nonsense 😂
Yeah sorry about that, whatever was I thinking! It’s awful, rubbish, worst idea ever 😉

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 21, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by pchivvy View Post
Re your comment about stacking LL, what do you mean? I thought you could only book one at a time?
You can stack normal G+ passes, which works well if you're planning an afternoon/evening park visit. So, at 7am you can select your first one. Then 2 hours after park opening, (say 11am) you can select another one. Then another one 2 hours after that at 1pm, and another after that at 3pm. You now have 4 stacked and ready to use for your afternoon visit. As you tap to use each one it will then allow you to book another. This is all the $15 Genie+ option and doesn't include buying additional paid for ride passes.

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 21, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bad Pink Tink View Post
As of 10am UK Time Thursday 21 October, this is the most up to date information about Genie+

Real Time Summary As Information is Being Posted

• Genie+ can be added at midnight for day of
  • Genie+ can be for length of trip
  • Genie+ first booking of Lighting Lane =7am
  • First booking of Individual Attraction Lighting Lane Onsite = 7am, next booking of Lighting Lane at park opening OR when first Lighting Lane used
  • First booking of Individual Attraction Lightning Lane Offsite = park opening time, next booking of Lightning Lane 2 hours after park opening OR when first Lightning Lane used
  • Genie+ Lightning Lane Stacking can be done
  • Genie+ Lightning Lane pass is once per ride per day, if you want to go again on that ride, you will have to join the standby line
  • If a ride goes down and you have either booked or paid for an Individual Attraction, you will get an anytime pass for that ride
  • The touring plan gets up dated according to your location and the info you input such as dining reservations and must do rides
  • Pay once for Genie+ and use across all parks in one day as long as you have a park hopper ticket and a park reservation
  • Individual Attractions can choose a specific time for Lightning Lane Return depending on availability
  • Rides included in Genie+ choose next available time Lightning Lane Return depending on availability
  • No cancellations of Individual Attraction Lightning Lane, use it or lose it
  • Genie + Lightning Lane can be cancelled
  • If the return time window has opened, you can not cancel Genie + Lightning Lane pass, a either scan it and don't ride or wait it out until next pass available
  • You can only pay for 2 Individual Attractions Lightning Lane passes in one day. That’s across all parks i.e. you’ve paid for Space Mountain and Mine Train at Magic Kingdom so you can’t make a third for Flight of Passage in Animal Kingdom.
  • You don't need to buy Genie+ to buy Individual Attractions Lightning Lane passes. You can just use the free Genie touring plan and buy 1 or 2 Individual Attractions Lightning Lane passes in a day
  • You can book a Lightning Lane pass for after 2pm for the park you plan to hop to after you have entered your first park. For example if you are in Epcot in the morning and decide to hop to Hollywood Studios and select a Lightning Lane for Slinky Dog Dash for 5pm, when you enter Hollywood Studios after 2pm you could select another Lightning Lane attraction as it's over two hours before your Slinky Dog Dash selection.
Jaysus……I hadn’t been keeping up with the Genie stuff but I’m not going to use it in February. Too complicated, not going to be glued to my phone (although this trip I know my phone is going to be unavoidable unfortunately) and the joy of being away from screens is the best part about being on vacation. I think this trip is going to be more soaking it all in that going on rides.
landandword17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 21, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Maverick177uk
Trading Disney Pins

Originally Posted by landandword17 View Post
Jaysus……I hadn’t been keeping up with the Genie stuff but I’m not going to use it in February. Too complicated, not going to be glued to my phone (although this trip I know my phone is going to be unavoidable unfortunately) and the joy of being away from screens is the best part about being on vacation. I think this trip is going to be more soaking it all in that going on rides.
Lots of the vloggers are saying this loads of people just glued to their phones it’s all a big con, it’s just paid fast pass, I think our next trip will be our last, family of 3 two weeks IF we genie plus everyday it’s another $600+ for the family, not including the paid rides, I think we will do most stuff in the first week and then play it buy ear, one park a day, but obviously I’ll blow cash on Rise of Resistance
Maverick177uk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 21, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by loldis View Post
As others have said, it's not currently recognising UK tickets properly. But free Genie is meant to be an on the day guide to help you while you're in the park. It's not meant to be used weeks/months in advance.

Most of the vloggers aren't regular park goers, they were only there to show off Genie+. So in between slots, they don't really have anything to do. And showing off merch is usually popular content.
Exactly, so they're not indicative of the average park goer
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 21, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
AdmiralJack
Imagineer

Originally Posted by NewtoOrlando View Post
It’s only been active 2 days, give it a chance!
Or alternatively, a company with Disneys resources shouldn't release things unless and until they work seamlessly.
AdmiralJack is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 21, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by AdmiralJack View Post
Or alternatively, a company with Disneys resources shouldn't release things unless and until they work seamlessly.
It's working fine for guests actually in the park. You're trying to use it in a way that wasn't intended. That's not their fault.

(Sorry, as a dev, comments like that get my back up)
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 21, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

For the most part it is working as it should. UK guests can't visit yet (unless they used a loophole) and they said Genie+ can't be purchased for UK tickets until 2nd, so I don't see the issue.
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 21, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

That is not how tech / websites / apps work. Testing before going live is only half the work. It has to be used in real time live and bugs and snags worked out in real time as people use it. This is very normal, all websites / tech / apps go live and then the bugs and snags get found and owrked out and fixed over the first few days, weeks, months.

Right now I'm working on an ecommerce website which went live in May. We are still finding bugs and snags and fixing things, thats how it is.

Expecting Genie+ to work exactly right and to have no problems and everything to be perfect when it goes live is unrealistic.
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 21, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by homerj View Post
Correct, it is not compulsory. However for those of us that have no choice but to go in peak times it will be compulsory because what choice so we have, not purchase it and stand in long lines?
First, the OP was talking about the free Genie part of the app. You don't have to purchase it. It isn't compulsory to use the free Genie planning/itinerary tool.

Second, if you're talking about Genie+ and paid individual Lightning Lane selections then, yes, you have that choice to either purchase them which will reduce your time queuing or not purchase them and stand in long lines for some rides (not all rides have long lines). That means it's not compulsory. ETA: Although clearly there's a large benefit to you as a guest if you do purchase them.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 03:42 PM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List