Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 7 Nov 21, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
superry
Having Dinner with Goofy

Busch Garden transport

We were planning to visit Busch Gardens in Tampa while we're there for a day as my kids are older and are more into thrill rides. I noticed that the free shuttle isn't running at the moment and I wasn't panning on hiring a car, public transport doesn't look straight forward so is uber/lyft the only option? that would be pretty costly from Universal where we're staying.

any advice much appreciated!
superry is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 21, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
DonkeyCentreArf
Very Serious Dibber

With the borders reopening it might be that they reinstate the free shuttle - my guess is that international visitors are the main users so it hasn't been cost effective to run them. I'd keep an eye on their press releases etc.

Alternatively, it could be that Mears still run coaches over there so check with them. There may be others running it as excursions.
1990 - Quality Inn International - iDrive / 1996 - Grosvenor Hotel Plaza Boulevard / 1997 - Dixie Landings / 1999 - All Star Sports / 2002 - Grosvenor Hotel Plaza Boulevard / 2003 - DLP / 2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter / 2008 - Doubletree Universal / 2009 - Saratoga Springs / 2011 - Bonnet Creek Resort & Vero Beach / 2014 - Bonnet Creek Resort / Oct 2021 - Rescheduled / Feb 2022 - Rescheduled / Oct 2022 HRH & OKW
DonkeyCentreArf is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 21, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Slore
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by superry View Post
We were planning to visit Busch Gardens in Tampa while we're there for a day as my kids are older and are more into thrill rides. I noticed that the free shuttle isn't running at the moment and I wasn't panning on hiring a car, public transport doesn't look straight forward so is uber/lyft the only option? that would be pretty costly from Universal where we're staying.

any advice much appreciated!
I’m in the same boat as you but we aren’t going until August but are staying at Universal when we do BG too and hoping for the shuttle. I hope it’s back up for when you go.
Slore is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 21, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
superry
Having Dinner with Goofy

Thanks for the replies, will keep in contact with Mears who run the shuttles to see if there are any changes, hopefully you're right and with international travel back demand will grow and they will start again.
superry is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 21, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Scotsmomma2
Imagineer

It's going to be a big disappointment if they don't start them soon,Mears aren't even doing their shared shuttles from the airport yet either.
Scotsmomma2 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 21, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Badyid
Staying in the Castle

Any update? Or ayone found an alternative rather then taxi/uber?
Badyid is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 21, 01:30 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Personally I would be looking into car hire for the day. I would never take an Uber that far by choice.
Old 8 Jan 22, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
m8rty
Getting Excited

Still seems there's no news on this, I'd also look at car hire for the day if nothing changes.
Not ideal but the only reasonable option.
m8rty is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 22, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
reddwarfposse5
Very Serious Dibber

I messaged Busch Gardens using their online form and got a reply almost immediately. They are intending resuming the shuttle bus from Idrive later this month. We don't go until September and they advised us to check back later this month.

Hope that helps.

Old 9 Jan 22, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Thebigpostie
Excited about Disney

I’m going on Thursday to Orlando. We don’t drive and the buses aren’t back on until
The end of January. They tweeted me back today.
Thebigpostie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List