Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 7 Nov 21, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinks2014
Imagineer

last weekend of November our decs will go up.
Tinks2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 21, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
janeywaney
VIP Dibber

janeywaney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Ours goes up around 20th December! This year it will be taken down 30th as we go away 31st 😁

Jane 😁
August 06 All Star Sports, August 07 All Star Music, OKW August 08 OKW Nov 09 All Star Music Feb 10, OKW Sept 10 OKW Sept 2011 , OKW Nov 2013, Pop Cenury Sept 2014, OKW Sept 2015, OKW Nov 16, OKW Sept 17, OKW Aug 19
janeywaney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 21, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Jedi Princess
Imagineer

Mobile

We'll be starting to put ours up on 18th November.
Old 7 Nov 21, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

The 1st dec here but putting one tree up on the 18th upstairs as we are then away for the weekend and our main tree is massive so need to dedicate a good chunk of time to that!
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 21, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Donz1979
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by ely3857 View Post
Last weekend of November. We like it to be up for the 01st Dec. It’s also a huge amount of effort for a short amount of time (but each to their own) so it’ll be up around 5.5 weeks.
Same, always feel like need it up before open advent calendar, always the last Sunday in Nov. Also like to get moneys worth out of it 🤣
Donz1979 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 21, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Florida Gator
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Last weekend in November for us,
It’s a lot of effort so we like to enjoy them for the whole of December
Florida Gator is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 21, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Christmas Eve or Day b4 that depending on what we are doing
Old 7 Nov 21, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Originally Posted by THE WIZARD View Post
Christmas Eve or Day b4 that depending on what we are doing
I do like the idea of the tree going up and being decorated on Christmas Eve - seems traditional -
but my tree is so absolutely crammed full of decorations, (so much so you can't really see the branches) - that it needs to be up long enough for me to contemplate the effort of taking it down again!

Mine usually goes up first weekend in December (will be before we go to Disney in November this year though) but it does come down on the 1st or 2nd of January at the latest
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 21, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
littlelish0544
Imagineer

It used to depend on my dh shifts, and he insisted on buying a real one, this was factored in to get moneys worth!
But a few years ago now the cost was too high, as much as a real tree is lovely, I couldnt justify spending. So usually it was the last weekend in November/first one in Dec. At times the tree was bought and in the lounge but not decorated for a week to ten days as dh had to be around to get the decs out the loft too with me.
This year my weekends are so busy between now and the big day, it may have to be early as in next weekend or late as in second weekend in Dec.

My Dd put hers up today! My Dgs is excited and wanted his new baby brother to see the decs asap!

Ho ho ho... 🎄🎄🎄

I do love the cosy evenings with all the lights twinkling

Edited at 10:08 PM.
littlelish0544 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 21, 11:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Feebee2
Imagineer

Originally Posted by littlelish0544 View Post
It used to depend on my dh shifts, and he insisted on buying a real one, this was factored in to get moneys worth!
But a few years ago now the cost was too high, as much as a real tree is lovely, I couldnt justify spending. So usually it was the last weekend in November/first one in Dec. At times the tree was bought and in the lounge but not decorated for a week to ten days as dh had to be around to get the decs out the loft too with me.
This year my weekends are so busy between now and the big day, it may have to be early as in next weekend or late as in second weekend in Dec.

My Dd put hers up today! My Dgs is excited and wanted his new baby brother to see the decs asap!

Ho ho ho... 🎄🎄🎄

I do love the cosy evenings with all the lights twinkling
The last few years I've bought a real 6 foot tree from Home Bargains £9.99. Always have been a lovely shape.
I leave it outside and put it up about a week to 10 days before Christmas.
Feebee2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List