Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 11 Nov 21, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
shoei
slightly serious Dibber

We have said the same, we don't stay in Orlando so car hire is a must for us and part of the holiday, however, I won't pay through the nose for it and will with cancel my reward flights or move them.
shoei is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 21, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

We got a reasonable (for this year) deal with UScarhire.com. We always shop around and they have never let us down.

*Disclaimer - we have never thought to get quotes from BA or Virgin, but will do so in the future.
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 21, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

Originally Posted by minnie2010 View Post
I've been trying, but every company I try it says no availability, unless you put in an airport location
Try autoeurope, select "Orlando all locations"
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 21, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
fiffio
Imagineer

Interesting those doing transfers, how much does that add on top of the price of the car, sounds a pain after long travel day with kids too.

Best we could find was with
Andy at just over £1000 for 11th May - 31st May. It’s with budget so have another booking £200 more with Virgin as it’s alamo and it’s worth a bit more as choosing car, lower toll charges and skip the counter.

Hopefully prices go down but I would imagine it’s now become a car hire cartel over there, everyone coining it in so no1 will reduce prices.
fiffio is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 21, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

Originally Posted by fiffio View Post
Interesting those doing transfers, how much does that add on top of the price of the car, sounds a pain after long travel day with kids too.
A lot of the offsite location aren't 24/7. There are 7 of us, as things stand we plan to get a transfer to our villa, works out around $70 from what I have seen for 7 people (or 2xubers), then a uber the next morning to pick the car up from nearby (about $10). I've got hertz at kissamee for £855 7 seater (gold package), for nearly 3 weeks in September, next cheapest I seem to be able to get via the airport is £1600, so it is certainly worth the saving, and also no struggle getting the luggage or driving tired. Return the car to MCO so only transfers one way.

However saying that if prices come down and we can pick up at the airport for a similar amount (or less) then we will do so.
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 21, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie2010
Imagineer

minnie2010's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by tspill View Post
What are your dates?
18th august from MCO, then dropping off 30th August IDrive/Universal area preferably Hard Rock
minnie2010 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 21, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
vinlaasmummy07
Excited about Disney

This has been the tipping point for us and sadly as a family of 6 with flight prices on the increase and the Car hire its pushed us way out of budget. There's only so much I can stretch by and at the mo it's thousands. So have said goodbye to our 2022 villa summer booking. Sad times but we will return again one day.
vinlaasmummy07 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 21, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by vinlaasmummy07 View Post
This has been the tipping point for us and sadly as a family of 6 with flight prices on the increase and the Car hire its pushed us way out of budget. There's only so much I can stretch by and at the mo it's thousands. So have said goodbye to our 2022 villa summer booking. Sad times but we will return again one day.
Sad news. However I think that going forward prices will fall. Hopefully!
Take care.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 21, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
vinlaasmummy07
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Sad news. However I think that going forward prices will fall. Hopefully!
Take care.

100%

I just feel I'm running out of time, previous years we would of had flights, car and park tickets done and dusted and be in the planning stage! If it was just me and the hubby I'd hang on 😆
vinlaasmummy07 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 21, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

That is sad news, there are some decent ish deals to be had. And obviously other options around such as using Ubers etc. I’ve secured a fairly decent rate via Andy for collection offsite but at the same time hoping prices will drop by next September and we can get something a bit cheaper