Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 11 Nov 21, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
He was making out he was delighted - his words were along the lines people don’t realise the significance, one third of all guests are now giving them an extra $15 a day.
This was an earnings call to investors, institutions and media commentators where he was announcing results which fell below market expectation.

His job on that call was, literally, to talk up anything he could in order to protect the stock price against the hit he knew it was going to take.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 21, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
KBRB
slightly serious Dibber

I sometimes think I must be skint compared to many Disney guests.
That’s why I’m not Bob Chapek. He has the vision.
Bob don’t want the likes of us. He wants the 🐳.

That said it may be harder to judge as it might be easier to convince US guests to spend an extra 30% over 5 days than a Uk guest to spend 30% on a 14 night break.
KBRB is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 21, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
This was an earnings call to investors, institutions and media commentators where he was announcing results which fell below market expectation.

His job on that call was, literally, to talk up anything he could in order to protect the stock price against the hit he knew it was going to take.
Yes I know exactly what he was doing and why. But that doesn’t mean he isn’t happy as claimed.

Are you saying his claimed happiness with the 33% was fake or do you think he is generally very happy with that?

I have to say I thought it would be nearer 50% or higher but think there’s a lot of room for growth yet as it’s a new product.
Old 11 Nov 21, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
KBRB
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post

Weasel weaselling indeed. He knew the stock price would be hit and did what ever he could to big up his current gains. He would have claimed he was delirious if the figures had showed 20% genie uptake

Edited at 02:52 PM.
KBRB is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 21, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
We found the portions on par with UK sizes back in 2019. This was for quick service - I guess table service portions are bigger?
I was talking about quick service in 2018 and 2019. I very rarely eat table service.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 21, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Siddex
Very Serious Dibber

Siddex's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I must admit the whole Disney thing is leaving a bad taste (no pun intended!) at the moment. I love the place and am booked to go next year for a belated 50th birthday trip (mine and Disney's). I am staying onsite for the first ever time, but the perks have really dried up for that. I have already changed my booking once from Deluxe (BC) to Moderate (POR) and saved over £1k

I mean reducing portion sizes for meals that are overly large is good for wastage, etc. But I bet the prices wont be shrinking alongside the portions.

I cant see this changing anytime soon unless visitor numbers drop.
Siddex is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 21, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
jas72
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by KBRB View Post
I joked about how Bob spending time working out how much he could save by cutting the tomato sauce in the hotdogs...

The funny thing they wont see this as a reason to offer more... They will cut harder and increase faster.

Paid for autographs in coming...
Now they are limiting their Christmas Parade to those who pay $200-$250 more per person for a 4 hour event which (wait for it... has cups of "free" hot chocolate. ) Seemingly dates are selling out. They certainly know their market...

Old 11 Nov 21, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
I sometimes think I must be skint compared to many Disney guests.
I certainly get the impression I spend a lot less at Disney than the average DIBBer. We rarely pay the prices for table service meals, the events are far too expensive, and the prices to stay at the deluxe resorts are eye-watering. And I can't afford afford to visit every year.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 21, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Siddex View Post
I mean reducing portion sizes for meals that are overly large is good for wastage, etc. But I bet the prices wont be shrinking alongside the portions.
This was brought up in relation to absorbing inflation increases. That is, the price of the raw ingredients, energy to cook/make the food, staffing costs (etc) will all be increasing and Disney are considering ways to absorb that increased cost and limit any price increases they pass on to the customer.

I still expect the food prices to increase (this is Disney after all), but it perhaps won't increase quite as much as it could have done, assuming they do reduce portion sizes (They were just discussing it at the moment, not saying they are definitely going to do it).

It's a fairly common practice in the food industry. Reduce the size of the portions, switch to cheaper ingredients, reduce the amount of costly ingredients, etc so that the price increase for the customer can be kept to a minimum.

Of course, Disney could've said that they're simply going to pass the full cost of any increases straight onto the customer and not consider any other alternatives. But I'm sure that wouldn't have gone down well with DIBBers either.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 03:18 PM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 21, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by jas72 View Post
Now they are limiting their Christmas Parade to those who pay $200-$250 more per person for a 4 hour event which (wait for it... has cups of "free" hot chocolate. ) Seemingly dates are selling out. They certainly know their market...
This is is exactly. While people will pay for genie plus, lightening lane, upwards of €170pp for a walk around MK for four hours, it'll continue. My relationship with Disney is two sided. I will not pay stupid money for less...which is what it is now, not paying stupid rates for what are, until you get to deluxe level , nothing more than themed motel rooms... and yet... I'm still umming about it. I am heading more towards US/SW/DC etc.. I'm just not feeling it there either... Just feel like I've one last trip in me. If DDP Came back free or paid then I'd probably go.. no paid or free DDP is my red line. Disney announced some months ago that news on DDP would be coming soon... That'll be when I make my decision plus scans in January...

Edited at 05:44 PM.
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List