Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 12 Nov 21, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
SleepingBeauty
Imagineer

Welcome back to the United States!
SleepingBeauty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 21, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

I’d highly recommend visiting antelope canyon & horseshoe bend as you’ll be close by when at the south rim. Absolutely stunning🧡🤎

✨Disneyland Paris - 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 x3, 18, 19x2, 22, 24.
✨Disneyworld Florida - 08, 14, 15, 17, 25.
✨Disneyland Tokyo & Disney Sea - 2016.
✨Disneyland California - 2018, 2023
✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
⭐️NYC - 2016, 2017, 2019.
⭐️Las Vegas, Grand Canyon -2018
⭐️San Francisco, Las Vegas & Antelope Canyon -19 ⭐️Washington DC - 22⭐️LA/Anaheim-23 ⭐️Seattle -24
LOU LOU DISNEY is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 21, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by LOU LOU DISNEY View Post
I’d highly recommend visiting antelope canyon & horseshoe bend as you’ll be close by when at the south rim. Absolutely stunning🧡🤎

Thankyou for that and I will look into it. I have all day to get from the Yavapai Lodge to Tucson (Via Winslow because of the song).. This might work out well!

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 21, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by SleepingBeauty View Post
Welcome back to the United States!
Thankyou, Sleeping beauty.

This is hopefully two for next year, with Easter booked up for Toronto, Niagara, Buffalo, Orlando, Crystal River, Busch, Naples and home from Miami. Things are looking up!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 21, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

I’m trying to get my head around the title of your thread

Let the planning BEGIN? !

You’ve been planning this caper in CFB detail for ages

At last, it’s going to happen 😁!
Old 13 Nov 21, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

This sounds like an amazing trip! Would love to visit San Fran and San Diego one day

Do you mind me asking how much you think i should be roughly expecting to pay for flights from Manchester via London to MCO, then Vegas then LAX and back to Manchester via London with British Airways in early November? Im thinking Premium is probably the best way to go as we are aiming for 4 weeks in total and would need the extra luggage (my husband wont travel light at the best of times!)

All of Team Bricki's Trip and Food Reports

2019- Our Super Secret Wedding and Honeymoon In Disney World
2022- Brett's 40th Celebrations In Orlando
2023- Lisbon and Sorrento
2024- Athens and Italy Tour
2025- Seville

INSTAGRAM teambricki_yorkshire_foodies
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 21, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by OliMax View Post
Itinerary sounds fantastic. We are doing a similar trip but spending a little bit more time on the PCH. However can't find reliable car hire under £1000 for 9 days so thinking of cancelling our hotel reservations on the coast and flying in-between San Fran and LA at a fraction of the cost.

I got a not quite as scary as I expected quote online from FDCH. I emailed Andy yesterday asking if he had better off line prices (this was West coast too) and he does. May be worth an email to him.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 21, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by princessnicki View Post
This sounds like an amazing trip! Would love to visit San Fran and San Diego one day

Do you mind me asking how much you think i should be roughly expecting to pay for flights from Manchester via London to MCO, then Vegas then LAX and back to Manchester via London with British Airways in early November? Im thinking Premium is probably the best way to go as we are aiming for 4 weeks in total and would need the extra luggage (my husband wont travel light at the best of times!)
Can I suggest a different option , instead of via London , look at starting in Dublin . We are paying a whisker over a thousand for PE out and business back , the same dates routes from London were the same cost PE both ways . This is for May . I used American Airlines own website for searches as it show you the cost in all classes when you do a search so you can see what mixing classes will be unlike the BA site (although we are actually flying BA on the return on an AA codeshare as they partner)
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 21, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
I’m trying to get my head around the title of your thread

Let the planning BEGIN? !

You’ve been planning this caper in CFB detail for ages

At last, it’s going to happen 😁!
The detail is yet to come. All that is certain at the moment are flight in, flight home, San Francisco accommodation and Premier Inn at Heathrow. T5.

Everything else is fluid until booked.

Old 13 Nov 21, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by princessnicki View Post

That is a really difficult question. There are too many variables. I would be looking to avoid a LHR- Orlando flight as these always seem eye watering lot expensive. I would look to access Orlando on an internal flight, once in the States.

Las Vegas also seems expensive to arrive at or leave, compared with SFO, LAX and even San Diego.

I would possibly look at fulfilling your dreams in the first sentence and within the same vacation.
LHR- SFO.
drive through Monterey, PCH, LA, San Diego, possibly as in the California 2018 report linked from my signature.
San Diego- Las Vegas
Vegas- Orlando
Orlando- LHR.

That could comfortably be done in 4 weeks.