Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 15 Nov 21, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Seeing lots of reports like this on US Groups.

I’ll be testing it out for real in a month.

Old 15 Nov 21, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Seeing lots of reports like this on US Groups.

I’ll be testing it out for real in a month.

Sadly not a surprise in a park like AK. There isn't enough available on Genie+ so everyone is going to be booking Safari as their LL and filling up the slots. Especially if that was from this past weekend, which had significantly longer wait times than I've seen in AK for months.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 21, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

From what has been said it seems that AK and Epcot are pretty much a waste for Genie. MK is probably the best value as there are much more rides.

While I don't disagree universals system is far superior, you are also paying about 10x the price.
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 21, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dan223 View Post
From what has been said it seems that AK and Epcot are pretty much a waste for Genie. MK is probably the best value as there are much more rides.

While I don't disagree universals system is far superior, you are also paying about 10x the price.
I’ve never paid anything as it comes with Universal’s deluxe hotels which are at least as nice as Disneys and cost less?
Old 15 Nov 21, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

I’ve never paid anything as it comes with Universal’s deluxe hotels which are at least as nice as Disneys and cost less?
Yea I appreciate if you stay onsite, but for those that don't, it is considerably more.
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 21, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
It was also 'free' for American visitors who signed up to a credit card offer on the day. Quite a nice deal
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 21, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Laner
slightly serious Dibber

Laner's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
To me this doesn't seem too different from the old fastpass days. I remember queuing in the standby queue for RnR for 50 mins which we didn't mind because it was tipping it down. When we got to the front of the queue, it was raining even more heavily and I counted at least 50 people let through from the fast pass lane before opening the standby lane.
Disneyland Paris 2000, 2002, 2006, 2008, 2011, 2014
Florida 1993, 1997, 2008, 2013
Laner is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 21, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Fraser789
Very Serious Dibber

I just had a look at the standard express price for Universal when we go in December it's $80 a day but you will get on a lot more rides than you do at Disney in a day.
Fraser789 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 21, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by KRBarnard View Post
I have copied the information and provided the link.
[I]
Disney World Allocates Up to 93% Of Ride Capacity to Lightning Lane

There's three types of LL capacity and this is only talking about one of those.
  • There's the capacity regarding how many guests will have bought an LL - either Genie+ (for tier 2 rides) for ILLS (for "fancy rides"). Currently only 33% of guests have bought Genie+ but, technically, the maximum capacity here can be 100%. However, I suspect this will never get above 75% - I don't expect more than 75% of guests to buy Genie+ and ILLS.
  • There's the capacity regarding how many guests will get a slot at any one time or, to put it another way, how many LL slots there are per hour compared to the overall ride capacity per hour. This will not be 93% and will probably be no more than 50%.
  • Then there's the capacity regarding how many guests at the front of the lightning lane are boarded onto a ride compared to the number of guests boarded from the regular line. That's what this article is talking about. And, yes, the CMs will prioritise LL guests over regular line guests. I'd hope they would do that otherwise there's no point in buying Genie+ or ILLS.

Just because the third capacity can be up to 93% (and I'd expect it to be 80%+) does not mean that overall LL guests get 93% of the overall ride's capacity. Nor does it mean that guests in the regular queue will only get 7% of the overall ride's capacity. There will be times when there is no one - or very few - in the LL queue, in which case then the regular queue will get almost 100% of the capacity.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 01:34 PM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 21, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
themeparksandy
Imagineer

With the paid LL attractions I would just join it 5 mins before the queue line closes and usually as they won’t be that many LL guests in the queue it should move quicker.
themeparksandy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List