Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 19 Nov 21, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
The Wheel of Time

I know nothing of the story or read the books but I’ve heard about lots of excitement from fans. Just watched the first one. I don’t know what to think. The first half an hour was really dull but the last part was ok but did look a little cheap although I’m sure it cost a fortune to make.

Jury’s out for me.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 21, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

Am like you - was rather underwhelmed but it was only first episode - will see next one at least when get some time.

Game of Thrones it is not!
AntonyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 21, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Dh loved the books, so we are currently watching the 3rd episode... I am a bit bored to be honest... the production values remind me a bit of Merlin/Hercules.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 21, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Originally Posted by WhereIBelong View Post
Dh loved the books, so we are currently watching the 3rd episode... I am a bit bored to be honest... the production values remind me a bit of Merlin/Hercules.
Yes exactly. BBC Saturday early evening quality production.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 21, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Watched through the 3 available episodes,

hubby was disappointed... "it was ok I suppose" is not the response of someone who felt it did the books any justice.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 21, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Puddle5
Apprentice Imagineer

Puddle5's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Read all the books but a bit dubious about watching the series. From the clip I have seen characters do not match my images. I was intending on re-reading them all again as many many years ago since I started reading them so might just do that.

Will watch this thread to see what others think but if comments dont get better don't think I'll bother.

By the way the books were excellent, apart from the fact when you got to about book 7-8 there seemed to be a lot of filler and the story didn't seem to be moving on much

Edited at 09:46 AM.
Puddle5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 21, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I've read all the books and been hoping it would be a good version. A shame some of you are underwhelmed.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 21, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
I've read all the books and been hoping it would be a good version. A shame some of you are underwhelmed.
I think that is it exactly "underwhelmed", it wasn't bad, but could have been so much better.
Old 20 Nov 21, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by WhereIBelong View Post
I think that is it exactly "underwhelmed", it wasn't bad, but could have been so much better.
DH is also a fan of the books and we were going to watch all three episodes Sunday evening...maybe an early evening slot is good for it, rather than a Friday night blockbuster? Seeing others compare to Merlin, which we quite liked for what it was is making me think we won't be getting a Mandalorian or Loki type show that we loved.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 21, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
DH is also a fan of the books and we were going to watch all three episodes Sunday evening...maybe an early evening slot is good for it, rather tha8n a Friday night blockbuster? Seeing others compare to Merlin, which we quite liked for what it was is making me think we won't be getting a Mandalorian or Loki type show that we loved.
Bits of it were. I think that's why it disappointed a bit. But everyone has a different view of things I like to watch, so it might be just how you/he imagined it... (I liked the Mandalorian too)