Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 20 Nov 21, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

That was really good to watch.
Not sure what the problem is with it and why it's embarrassing ?
Bit of light hearted fun.
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

Hmm Ant and Dec do this all the time, also I seen to remember the royals doing it’s a knock out in the 80s... or something along those lines.

I’m not sure what I think it it all.
JessBlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Loulou127 View Post
Who mentioned Andrew?
Plus I believe both his daughters have jobs and are not supported by the sovereign purse.
marypoppins38 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 21, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JessBlu View Post
Hmm Ant and Dec do this all the time, also I seen to remember the royals doing it’s a knock out in the 80s... or something along those lines.

I’m not sure what I think it it all.
The royals did It’s a Knockout for charitable causes and raise over a million pounds.
marypoppins38 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 21, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
Agreed! I found it awful to watch. Nothing Royal about it.

I don’t really understand this, they aren’t working royals so why did you expect this to be “royal” ?
They are as royal as say Zara and Mike Tinsdale as in grandchild to the monarch but not employed by “the firm”.

Of course had Meghan appeared in a tiara and appeared royal, she’d have got slated for that too.

Edited at 10:15 AM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 21, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
Really?
They aren’t William and Kate who have to present their children for the titillation of the masses from day one as they are kept by the public purse .
You really believe that they have to present their children? I think you are so off the mark there, I believe they enjoy sharing the pictures of our future King and his siblings.
Aug 2018...Westridge. Aug 2019... Miami & Solterra Resort
Lindaelaine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 21, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by marypoppins38 View Post
Plus I believe both his daughters have jobs and are not supported by the sovereign purse.
They are both married so presumably now supported by their husbands. I believe the only “kept by the crown” wives now are Camilla Sophie and Kate and perhaps Anne.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 21, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
mr-paul
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
Did you not see I said i have defended her in the past? I have been in a very small minority on here many times but for me this is a step too far. I certainly do not complain about everything she does so the fact I'm saying it's embarrassing does not come under "haters gotta hate" banner.
Just for the record, my post wasn't targeted at you or a reply to your post, we posted around the same time. Was more a general observation about how people react to everything and anything she does

Absolutely fine to find it embarrassing, it's just the hysteria that surrounds her I find ridiculous. If she wants to be silly on TV fine, doesn't impact me at all!
mr-paul is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 21, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lindaelaine View Post
You really believe that they have to present their children? I think you are so off the mark there, I believe they enjoy sharing the pictures of our future King and his siblings.
Of course they have to , do you really believe any woman would enjoy having to have their hair and make up done to parade for the press hours after giving birth. Kate didn’t do that because she wanted to but because it was expected of her.
Look at the fuss when H&M said they wouldn’t be doing it with Archie. Outrage that they were “breaking with tradition” (not really a tradition , just something Diana did and then Kate followed suit , the Queen and Margaret didn’t, Anne didn’t )

Kate even has to supply the press with photos of the kids as part of a deal to stop them been papped. Look what happened to poor George at the football , those photos of him crying were everywhere and will likely follow him his whole life.

Are Harry and Meghan really so wrong not to want that for their children ?
Old 20 Nov 21, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
littlelish0544
Imagineer

I think the difference is that Meghan and Harry are the only ones who went on a global platform to say how horrific it is to be part of the Royal family to the point it wants to make you kill yourself... and still no one cares... so we are leaving to live our lives independantly away from the eyes of the world via the lens...

A lot of people had care and concern for them and were appalled at thier treatment...

"Ladies and Gentlemen put your hands together and give another great big Hollywood welcome to the Duke and Duchess"

Thats where the sympathy starts to wain.

For me it has nothing to do with how other Royals are funded or present themselves, I dont think that should have any bearing on this discussion. In my mind, stepping way from the Royal family shouldve been just that. If I had made my choice I wouldnt have been stripped of any title, I would have given it back.

Im fairly confident that they could earn millions still as thier own independant brand. And would probably have more respect for doing so.

Would people still think it was car crash tv if the Oprah interview/books/court case 'oh I forgot' hadnt happened? I dont think so. Comments would be look how much more relaxed and happy she is.

But instead folk are thinking whats her angle now? That cant all be blamed on media attention, they have a hand in thier own destiny.

Just hope behind closed doors, when they are Mum Dad and kids they are all truly happy.

Edited at 10:38 AM.
littlelish0544 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List