Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 26 Nov 21, 02:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Leanne1977 View Post
Tube drivers are not allowed to work overtime.
Ok £50k plus for a 36 hour week and 43 days leave a year still seems pretty good for me.
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 21, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Originally Posted by Sew109 View Post
Ok £50k plus for a 36 hour week and 43 days leave a year still seems pretty good for me.
Good luck to them , it shouldn't be a race to the bottom .
Remember they are employed in london - have a look on rightmove at what 4 times that salary will buy you if you have a family.
As I have said train driver wise they are at the lower end of the pay scale.
Lisbon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 21, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
I am sure that there are plenty of folk who would work s9me nights driving a tube for £50k plus OT !

This service is needed businesses need to change problem is having self serving militant unions spoiling for a fight.
self serving unions - who are they meant to serve
Lisbon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 21, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lisbon View Post
Remember they are employed in london - have a look on rightmove at what 4 times that salary will buy you if you have a family.
I wouldn't do their job for twice that salary but to be honest the reintroduction of the night service hasn't been handled that well by either TFL or the Mayor.

PS I live above the Northern Line and its odd not to hear the rumbling wake me up this morning at 0525 (time of first train every morning wakes me up) - visitors never hear it but I do (I kinda like it along with planes overhead)
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 21, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
The really silly thing is night tube hasn't been a success and it loses money, another great Boris idea .
Tfl never wanted it back , it's part of the govs string attached bailout .
The private rail firms were also given bailouts but with no strings attached funny that
Old 26 Nov 21, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lisbon View Post
Until a few years ago I have lived in London all my life I am well aware of the costs of living
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 21, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Until a few years ago I have lived in London all my life I am well aware of the costs of living
So if their pay and leave sounds good to you did you apply to become a tube driver when you lived in London
Old 26 Nov 21, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
So if their pay and leave sounds good to you did you apply to become a tube driver when you lived in London
Old 27 Nov 21, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by inky1 View Post
Thanks for this I had hoped it wouldn’t go ahead.We are in London tomorrow until Sunday but we are driving staying at the Premier Inn County Hall so will be doing lots of walking .
Tube walk out form 8pm this (Saturday) evening so factor that in - maybe save your walk for evening back to your hotel as it will be a great walk in the dark with the lights and Southbank Christmas market
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 21, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
vhm672
Imagineer

vhm672's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
Tube walk out form 8pm this (Saturday) evening so factor that in - maybe save your walk for evening back to your hotel as it will be a great walk in the dark with the lights and Southbank Christmas market
True although as usual there is disruption on day services already even on lines which are not supposed to be affected tonight. In other words don’t assume there won’t be full service at all today.
vhm672 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List