Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 27 Nov 21, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by vhm672 View Post
True although as usual there is disruption on day services already even on lines which are not supposed to be affected tonight. In other words don’t assume there won’t be full service at all today.
I am not venturing out on the tube this weekend as I don think it will be pleasant
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 21, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

We haven’t noticed any issues tbh.
The train up here was a different matter due to fallen trees and leaves, but, on the whole, it’s been easy.
We had planned to walk ( we rarely get the tube) but then the rain came 😬

Edited at 03:59 PM.
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 21, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lisbon View Post
self serving unions - who are they meant to serve
Their members !
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 21, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

So if their pay and leave sounds good to you did you apply to become a tube driver when you lived in London
Why on earth would I have wanted to do that ?

Perhaps ask the same question to retail staff or Uber drivers, it’s a very much closed shop.

Edited at 04:17 PM.
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 21, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Originally Posted by Sew109 View Post
Why on earth would I have wanted to do that ?

Perhaps ask the same question to retail staff or Uber drivers, it’s a very much closed shop.
If its something you do not want to do why complain about what people get paid etc who are willing to do that job - you must obviously have a job that pays better, or better conditions etc.

It is not a closed shop - that is simply not true , TFL use a private recruitment company and have even advertised in Vogue magazine to encourage women drivers
Lisbon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 21, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

If its something you do not want to do why complain about what people get paid etc who are willing to do that job - you must obviously have a job that pays better, or better conditions etc.

It is not a closed shop - that is simply not true , TFL use a private recruitment company and have even advertised in Vogue magazine to encourage women drivers

If I want to use a service I want that service to run properly when I or others wish to use it. I don’t expect people on twice the national average salary to be manipulated by Marxist unions who have to do something to keep their leaders on high capitalistic salary’s.
Old 27 Nov 21, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
I guess you're right workers should know their place
Lisbon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 21, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

I guess you're right workers should know their place
No they should do their job !
Old 28 Nov 21, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
sparklepants
slightly serious Dibber

sparklepants's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Wish I’d saw this before Fri. We arrived for a long weekend on fri early evening, into Euston. It was absolute carnage. We ended up just walking to our hotel in Covent Garden, actually we’ve walked where we’ve needed to go most of the weekend.
Old 28 Nov 21, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sparklepants View Post
Wish I’d saw this before Fri. We arrived for a long weekend on fri early evening, into Euston. It was absolute carnage. We ended up just walking to our hotel in Covent Garden, actually we’ve walked where we’ve needed to go most of the weekend.
Hope are enjoying your weekend in Town (tube strike plus their planned works excepted) ?
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List