Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 24 Nov 21, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
It’s not far at all, literally the other side of the harbour. Can’t remember exactly but think it was around $25
Thanks x

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1266923

ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 21, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
enjibenji
Imagineer

enjibenji's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Well done Claire, its nice to have something to look forward to, I've always fancied Chicago but not so much Boston, not sure why but it did look lovely on Colette's pics, happy planning and what is life without cake in it. I find myself booking somewhere and looking to see where we can eat near there 🤣🤣
enjibenji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 21, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
dismamx2
VIP Dibber

I'm delighted for you Claire, lots of (cake) planning ahead
dismamx2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 21, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Peko
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ClaireNJ View Post
4 nights in each
Boston first @ Boston Park Plaza
Then Chicago @ Sheraton Grand
Nothing fancy, look good hotels & good location
The hotels BA recommended the package was £4,000
Got it down to £2348 cheaper accommodation
More to spend on clothes & cakes
I stayed at the Boston Park Plaza a couple of years ago. Decent hotel and good location (also handy for running on Boston Common). Be aware that some of the rooms, especially the Standard Queens, are pretty small (around 14-15 Sq metres). The other room categories are more spacious, though can also vary in size, it’s an old and non-standard shaped building.

I recall an Uber from the airport being around $30 including tip and any tolls, depends on traffic too of course.

Both great cities to visit. Depending how long and hard winter is, could still be a bit chilly in April, especially with the wind in Chicago.
Peko is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 21, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Peko View Post
I stayed at the Boston Park Plaza a couple of years ago. Decent hotel and good location (also handy for running on Boston Common). Be aware that some of the rooms, especially the Standard Queens, are pretty small (around 14-15 Sq metres). The other room categories are more spacious, though can also vary in size, it’s an old and non-standard shaped building.

I recall an Uber from the airport being around $30 including tip and any tolls, depends on traffic too of course.

Both great cities to visit. Depending how long and hard winter is, could still be a bit chilly in April, especially with the wind in Chicago.
Thank you 😊
Yes I’ve read the rooms are quite small, doesn’t matter not much time in the room
We are in a Superior King
Happy there is a good gym on-site & Starbucks too
Resort fee is $30 a night
And I’ve already planned our running route round the Common 🙊🙊💪
I’m a planner

ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 21, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Woo hoo, great to have those bookings stacked up and a countdown.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 21, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Claire I posted my happiness on Michelle’s page earlier but have just seen this 🤗
We spent 5 days in Boston absolutely blooming brilliant !
We loved the Fenway tour we walked over from our hotel , when we finished guess what there was a Target just around the corner 😉 and then we had a lovely lunch at Whalburgers and the best vodka cherry coke cocktails ever followed by a swaying walk back to hotel for a little afternoon snooze
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 21, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by WIGGYSMUM View Post
Claire I posted my happiness on Michelle’s page earlier but have just seen this 🤗
We spent 5 days in Boston absolutely blooming brilliant !
We loved the Fenway tour we walked over from our hotel , when we finished guess what there was a Target just around the corner 😉 and then we had a lovely lunch at Whalburgers and the best vodka cherry coke cocktails ever followed by a swaying walk back to hotel for a little afternoon snooze
Thanks
We might try Wahlburgers too 🙊used to watch the show
Hope you’re all ok ❤️
X

Old 25 Nov 21, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by ClaireNJ View Post
Thanks
We might try Wahlburgers too 🙊used to watch the show
Hope you’re all ok ❤️
X
Claire that’s exactly why we went , loved that show !
There is one in departures at Logan airport if your return if from there ? I also had a cheeky one followed by a Boston Kreme form the Dunkin well it was next to our gate and that would be rude not too there may of been a box of donuts and munchkins bought for breakfast on our return home 😋
We’re doing ok Claire, thanks for asking 😘 x
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 21, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by WIGGYSMUM View Post
Claire that’s exactly why we went , loved that show !
There is one in departures at Logan airport if your return if from there ? I also had a cheeky one followed by a Boston Kreme form the Dunkin well it was next to our gate and that would be rude not too there may of been a box of donuts and munchkins bought for breakfast on our return home 😋
We’re doing ok Claire, thanks for asking 😘 x
Oh I love a US airport always a Dunkin 🇺🇸🙊😋🍩
The Prudential centre has a Dunkin Donuts for a quick breakfast one morning ☕️It’s near to our hotel
Can’t wait to have a french vanilla latte & a Boston Kreme