Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 27 Nov 21, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nikkip2019 View Post
i don't think it will be as easy as that. My DH is currently in south Africa as he went to his dads funeral. Now stressing about getting him back and having to pay for quarantine. He can't fly anywhere else as all of Europe has banned flying to and from South Africa. He did think of going from a different African country but now that country is on the red list. Looks like we will have to pay for that but then it may stop us going on our Christmas holiday to Orlando.
It might be better for him to fly from SA to USA and you meet him there ? Their ban is effective from Monday so he has today and Sunday ( but its a total ban - no quarantine as USA don't seem to have those facilities like we do being a small country with so few airports )
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
nialltruan
Excited about Disney

We are here now and will be flying home on Thursday. Already have day 2 LFT booked and paid for. We will also need to travel back to the Isle of Wight by taxi from the airport and then the hovercraft. All involve contact with the public ! Somehow then isolate at home . Not sure how this is all going to work. However, we are just happy that we have managed to have our holiday. We will just have to see what happens.
nialltruan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Originally Posted by shawny122 View Post
Yes same! I’ve just messaged Breathe assured to see if we can exchange them for PCRs!
Can you let me know if you get a reply from them please? Our tests are with breathe assured and we obviously have lfts too 😫
Princess Ariel is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 21, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Nikkip2019
A Guest at All-Stars

Originally Posted by Stitchesmumanddad View Post
Id just fly to a non red country - enjoy ten more days of holiday, then fly in from there if the uk change the status

Its madness that people actually pay that sort of money to be stuck in a crappy uk hotel !
i don't think it will be as easy as that. My DH is currently in south Africa as he went to his dads funeral. Now stressing about getting him back and having to pay for quarantine. He can't fly anywhere else as all of Europe has banned flying to and from South Africa. He did think of going from a different African country but now that country is on the red list. Looks like we will have to pay for that but then it may stop us going on our Christmas holiday to Orlando.
Nikkip2019 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 21, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
mumsthebigkid
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Originally Posted by aqualiv View Post
Looks like it
Wish I wasn’t organised
Same here. Tests booked, paid and only going for a 5 day whistle stop fix as due back in august 2022! If USA reciprocate with PCR on way in I am going to have to cancel as will spend half my holiday in a hotel 😩
mumsthebigkid is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 21, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Nikkip2019
A Guest at All-Stars

i suppose it could be an option just depends on time scales and time differences and getting a flight all flights have been stopped in south Africa. etc.
Nikkip2019 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 21, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Wizzyanne
Very Serious Dibber

Absolutely gutted, due to be going in January and no longer confident it’ll happen.
Wizzyanne is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 21, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
shawny122
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Princess Ariel View Post
Can you let me know if you get a reply from them please? Our tests are with breathe assured and we obviously have lfts too 😫
Yes I will do! Feeling like it may all be pointless trying to switch them if USA ban us for our 2 cases (although I’m sure they have even more but just don’t know about them ….)
shawny122 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 21, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Troyston
Trying for More Ears

I literally booked 2 weeks ago for the Feb half term week... was feeling so positive after seeing the first wave of UK visitors heading over on the 8th November when the borders opened. I'm absolutely gutted... I'm hoping it's all precautionary and a massive over reaction by the media who love the doom the gloom... hoping we can get to Xmas and beyond without too many changes...
Troyston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 21, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Dogwalker
VIP Dibber

I literally want to cry right now but I am trying to keep some perspective - it’s really hard though

I am due to fly on Saturday after 9 cancelled flights.

I can live with a day 2 PCR, even though the isolation period causes me problems with work, but my biggest fear is that the US implement some kind of testing/isolation on arrival.

I have my fit to fly LF test booked for this coming Weds and a day 2 LF test also booked. I don’t even care about additional costs of PCRs (although obviously not ideal). I’m just so desperate to get back out there now and today feels like a real kick in the teeth.

That’s it, rant over. I’ll try and cheer up now
Dogwalker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List