Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 28 Nov 21, 03:59 AM  
Link to this Post
sully301
Imagineer

😭 just arrived after a delayed flight ugh I hope they don't start saying against FCDO advice to travel. Would we have to come home?
Feb 2003 AKL, April 2003 Villa, June 2003 ASMu Nov 2003 OKW, Dec 2003 CSR & PVR, Aug 2007 Pop Century, Aug 2011 RPR & OKW, Dec 2012 POFQ & BLT. Aug 2015 Disney Magic, Sep 2016 ASsports, Sep 2019 OKW, March 2020, Holiday Inn Celebration. 2021 CSR, Sep 22 Pop Century, BLT & AKL. Feb23 Dockside US. Aug 23 Disney Dream, Jan 24 ASSp Sep 2024 ASSp
sully301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Pupbelly
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Shooby doo View Post
private, it states on nhs website that the nhs pcr's have not to be used for travel
SD
Why can government issued test not be deemed suitable?

I’ve just ordered two home kits ready for our return next Monday and they come with ID numbers etc. so why should they not be suitable? They’ll give me an official result in the same way as as a £100+ private one would.

Edited at 09:35 AM.
Pupbelly is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Pupbelly View Post
Money! The government want travellers to pay for their own testing, rather than it come from the public purse. I’m applying the same logic as travel vaccinations and when they’re administered in the NHS it’s usually done as a private service.

The government have a list of approved private test companies and labs and they all have to be to a certain standard and have mechanisms for reporting results back to the government.
Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
themeparksandy
Imagineer

I’ve just ordered two home kits ready for our return next Monday and they come with ID numbers etc. so why should they not be suitable? They’ll give me an official result in the same way as as a £100+ private one would.
The big difference in home tests to PCR site tests.
I had my test on the 9th Nov and got my results in the early hours of the 10th by email and text.
My mum did a home test on the Thursday and got the results on the Monday.
themeparksandy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

Because the tax payer is footing the bill for the current NHS tests in order to keep the county moving, schools open etc.

I don’t see why but tax payer should pay for people to be able to travel, if you want to travel you have to pay for your own test.
Seems very reasonable to me.
JessBlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Orlandoguy View Post
The date for the change to PCR test on arrival hasn’t been confirmed yet just that it’s sometime next week so til then lateral flow arrivals test will be fine
Health Secretary just announced on Andrew Marr - it will be effective from 0400 GMT Tuesday
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

New updated PLF needed check Govt website. If you have already complemented your forms yo may need to update them and change your tests

From 04:00 Tuesday 30 November 2021 testing and isolation requirements will change for all arrivals into the UK.

If you are arriving into the UK after 04:00 Tuesday 30 November 2021 then please return to complete your Passenger Locator Form after 04:00 Monday 29 November as the system is currently being updated.

If you are arriving into the UK before 04:00 Tuesday 30 November 2021 please continue to complete your Passenger Locator Form now.

After 04:00 Tuesday 30 November 2021 lateral flow tests will no longer be accepted and all travellers arriving into UK will be required to book and take COVID-19 PCR tests.”
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
disneytrio
Imagineer

disneytrio's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 13
I’m in states at the moment, I return next Sunday obviously had my day two tests ordered and codes for my passenger locator, now do I have to order PCR tests before I land do I need a code ? Can I have a PCR done when I land?
disneytrio is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

yes afraid you will now need prc tests for day 2 and if you book them online you should get from them a new reference you can use for your locator form. You can have a test when you land but you still need to book in advance and there may be issues if you miss your booking. Also even if you test when you land you still have to wait until next day (could be up to midnight) for the results - some places are as much as 48 hour for result.
Disney Bear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Pupbelly
Very Serious Dibber

So what good reason why can I not use a test issued by our government for free?
I have two PCR kits on it way to me.
They are government approved surely so where is the problem on the basis I get the negative result?
Pupbelly is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List