Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 1 Apr 19, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

I really should to do something as ours goes up go £67 PM from this week but reading all these posts has actually put me off trying rather than spuring me on! It all sounds so time consuming and deflating! Normally I am up for a good fight but perhaps I'm getting old or it's this dam cold I have at the moment. DH cant be bothered to do anything about it either & it's actually in his name!
Old 1 Apr 19, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I've had a bit of a giggle with people all fired up for a good fight and are a bit deflated to get good deals without needing to argue or "fight"... still you can't please all of the people all of the time !
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 19, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Pino_Spetzberg
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
I've had a bit of a giggle with people all fired up for a good fight and are a bit deflated to get good deals without needing to argue or "fight"...
I'm still giggling too.

In truth if I dealt with the last Sky advisor first this would have been sorted out in less than thirty minutes, but that didn't happen.

When we both stop giggling possibly we could reflect on a couple of concerns.

#Sky website is a mess, seems deliberately designed to obstruct customer complaints, and focus on new business and upgrades.
#Phoning Sky takes too long placed on hold then speaking to advisors that are clueless, lying, or trying to pass you to somebody else to get rid of you.
#Sky chat is handled by people in India that come out with all sorts of nonsense, including pleading with customers not to score them lowly in their survey in case they lose their job, or lose pay so they can't afford to feed their family. What's going on in Mumbai at Sky sounds like a potential Nike type scandal ?
#Facebook responses take too long so absolutely impractical for resolving queries.
#The main concern is Sky promising something then not keeping to what is agreed ie putting up prices that are supposed to be fixed for contract term.
Advisors criticise each other, saying you've been lied to, or advised wrongly, they'll say anything, especially, if you are in contract and can't cancel without penalty.
#They promise to do things but don't actually do it.

It's all pot luck whether you get through to somebody that knows what they are doing, or just wasting your time.

Good job we can see the funny side.
Pino_Spetzberg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 19, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Bertiebear
Imagineer

Ditched sky a while back. Have Netflix and prime.
Old 3 Apr 19, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

Apologies if this has already been asked in this thread, but has anyone moved to Now TV rather than Sky or BT, apart from sport it seems a good deal at £25 per month for broadband and anytime calls, going to £43.99 after 12 months, I’m paying £66 for that with BT
Loulou127 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 19, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Labboy
VIP Dibber

Golf channel on Sky so am ok with it, however imo there isn’t enough golf or footie on
Labboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List