Notices

Old 8 Aug 17, 02:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Ontario And Quebec 2017: Day 14 - Off To The Lake

J and O got in at midnight! The festival was amazing and O has been talking about it all day! I am still the best mum ever

We got up about 7.30am, showers were taken and the packing up finished.

We then walked about 500m to a diner we had seen for breakfast!

J had bagel, cream cheese and fruit (and coffee if course )

The rest of us had eggs, home fries, fruit and toast (and coffee for me!)

It came to a very reasonable C$25!

We returned back to the apartment, took the luggage to the car and left at 9.40am - ahead of schedule!

We decided to drive north - to avoid Montreal traffic (horrible) and then Ottawa traffic (also horrible)!

About 50 minutes north we stopped for petrol at the outlets we went to last year! Two shops were visited - Nike where both kids found trainers and Tommy Hilfiger where I got 4 t-shirts and 2 polos for C$75! Bargain!

We decided to stop at Label as it looked the most likely place to find some lunch!

It was slim pickings - we got various things at a supermarket!

Though the setting was nice!

We went to the town hall as we all needed the loo! Thankfully they had them there! J managed to read the letter from the mayor - the most important item being that after many years they had finally changed the date of birth on the statue of the town's founding father to the right one! News must be slow this month

The drive was long but we moved! We stopped at a supermarket to get in the basics! We will do a big shop tomorrow!

Now we didn't have directions as we have been before - thankfully we have good memories and we got here without any major directional mishaps!

This immediately felt like home. We stayed here two years ago and loved it so much!

We got unpacked - no more moving now!

The house from the lake!

And the lake from the house!

After a dinner of tortillas, veggies, humous and salad we went down to the lake.

The water level is a lot lower than 2 years ago so more complicated to jump off the jetty! The good news is that there is not a mozzie invasion

J and F went out in the new pedalo! And then O and F! A big hit with the kids! Easy to move and get around!

They got quite far quite quickly!

The lake is bigger than it looks in that there us a small throughway ahead that is invisible from a distance that takes you to the other half of the lake!

Cloudy today so no real sunset!

Everyone is tired - J and F are already asleep and I think O and I won't be far behind!

Edited at 03:26 AM.
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 17, 03:20 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by Melbatb - 8 Aug 17 3:20 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 17, 08:17 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Ah, not bad for a " moving" day. That's great the festival was a big hit. Many mum brownie points for you to trade on ... ! The house looks lovely and your own pedalo, that's brill. Lots of fun to be had with that.
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 17, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

A good travel day with some shopping thrown in. It's a great feeling when you do something special for your kids and see the delight that it brings. The house looks lovely and the views are as always stunning.
Old 8 Aug 17, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
Ah, not bad for a " moving" day. That's great the festival was a big hit. Many mum brownie points for you to trade on ... ! The house looks lovely and your own pedalo, that's brill. Lots of fun to be had with that.
He is still buzzing! I am so happy we did it!

The house is just so lovely! And I think the pedalo will be well used!

Originally Posted by Jake71 View Post
A good travel day with some shopping thrown in. It's a great feeling when you do something special for your kids and see the delight that it brings. The house looks lovely and the views are as always stunning.
I was so impressed with my purchases as I rarely managed to buy in bulk

I could look at the views all day!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 17, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Bianca
Imagineer

Isn't it lovely to arrive at a place and feel you can really unpack and settle in? Especially such a beautiful place.

Congratulations on your Best Mum award, by the way! It sounds like O had a really special birthday.

Beautiful lake photos again. Such a gorgeous part of the world. Have a relaxing and fun time there.

“I cannot discover that anyone knows enough to say definitely what is and what is not possible", Henry Ford

Contemporary Resort - Disneyland Hotel - Treehouse Villas - Vistana - Youth Hostel Anaheim - Quality Inn Intern'l Dr - Port Orleans Riverside
Bianca is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 17, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A good moving day and the views from the house are fantastic

Joan
Old 8 Aug 17, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bianca View Post
Isn't it lovely to arrive at a place and feel you can really unpack and settle in? Especially such a beautiful place.

Congratulations on your Best Mum award, by the way! It sounds like O had a really special birthday.

Beautiful lake photos again. Such a gorgeous part of the world. Have a relaxing and fun time there.
I am still the Best Mum today

We are definitely relaxing today - about to hit the lake!

Originally Posted by mick View Post
A good moving day and the views from the house are fantastic

Joan
I love these views! The sun is out and in a short while (once lunch has gone down ) we will be down there again!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Old 15 Aug 17, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Congratulations Best Mum, I'm pleased he enjoyed his birthday treat. Yay back to the lake, I'm looking forward to my sunset photos fix😊 I love today's photos I bet it was great to be back. The Pedalo looks good I'm sure it will be popular.
OB1LukeLucas is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 17, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
LuvPluto
Proud to wear my Ears

Glad the festival went down well. Hope you're still the best mum ever
The cottage looks fab.
LuvPluto is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List