Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 18 Mar 19, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by JoS View Post
Really enjoyed reading along ... so surprised you packed so much in especially in that cold weather. I am used to snow and cold but didnt expect it to be so cold in Vegas. At Death Valley where some of the look out points were the wind was just freezing and it was even colder for you! So well done for persevering.
Columbus is basic but clean. We had the 2 bed little suite. Staff were lovely and you can be on the wharf in about 6 mins. Bus stopped outside and we went all over for pennies. Kennedys is an Irish pub/Indian food which is across the road. Food was lovely. Dont expect luxury, but it was clean and a bargain for the price. Hope you enjoy it.
Thanks so much for reading along Jo.
Yes! It was the wind that really made the temperature drop, if it wasn't there it would have actually been quite a warm day
That's really good to know, we too have the 2 bed suite as we'll have the teenagers in tow so space is much needed

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 19, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 16

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
Thank you so much for writing this I have so enjoyed reading your trippy.
I will catch up with your pre trip report next!
We've booked the Columbus, it seems to be really popular here on the Dibb
juliab is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 19, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks for writing a great trippie. I have just binge read it & so glad your immediate dislike for LV turned good.

I didn’t know that about cannabis there and also hate the smell (of any smoking really)... suppose there’s not a lot to be done.

What a shame the Bellagio slightly let you down. I do love their fountains.

That was some crazzzzzy weather you had there! I can’t even imagine it cold having been there in September only.

Bet you can’t wait for your roadtrip. That’s another on my dream list
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 19, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by juliab View Post
Thank you so much for writing this I have so enjoyed reading your trippy.
I will catch up with your pre trip report next!
We've booked the Columbus, it seems to be really popular here on the Dibb
Thank you so much for reading along Julia
Yes the Columbus seems very popular on here so hopefully it will be good. I still can't get over the price of San Fran hotels!
Have you done a pre trippy yet? I really love reading your reports

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 19, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by sheluk View Post
Thanks for writing a great trippie. I have just binge read it & so glad your immediate dislike for LV turned good.

I didn’t know that about cannabis there and also hate the smell (of any smoking really)... suppose there’s not a lot to be done.

What a shame the Bellagio slightly let you down. I do love their fountains.

That was some crazzzzzy weather you had there! I can’t even imagine it cold having been there in September only.

Bet you can’t wait for your roadtrip. That’s another on my dream list
Thank you so much for reading Michelle
I really hadn't realised how prominent the smell would be but you do get used to it after a few days. Maybe we were just unlucky though.
Apart from that we really did love our time there and will definitely be back. It really was a shame about the Bellagio, stunning hotel and ideal location just wasn't worth over $300 a night. The fountains are amazing though
We really couldn't believe the weather we had, I didn't think it ever snowed in Las Vegas
Really looking forward to our road trip, it's going to be another hectic one but hopefully a holiday to remember

IG - alicialanesmith
Old 26 Mar 19, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Holy moly that’s one expensive room and here I am thinking £180 a night in New Orleans is expensive 😱 Ah Hooters well known for its great food 😳
Glad the flight was ok but what is it with them either being roasting or freezing !
Ugh the collecting car and waiting about plus the unpaid ticket .. all niggles you don’t need when you are tired .
Glad you made it back ok and all was well
Great trip !
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 19, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
Holy moly that’s one expensive room and here I am thinking £180 a night in New Orleans is expensive 😱 Ah Hooters well known for its great food 😳
Glad the flight was ok but what is it with them either being roasting or freezing !
Ugh the collecting car and waiting about plus the unpaid ticket .. all niggles you don’t need when you are tired .
Glad you made it back ok and all was well
Great trip !
I know right! I would have bitten their arm off for £180 a night. Luckily he's only 40 once
I've vowed never to step foot in a Hooters again, their food is shockingly crap
You would have thought by now that airlines could regulate the temperatures of the planes as you're right either freezing or boiling!
It was all an unnecessary stress that we didn't need but it always feels worse when you're sleep deprived!
It was lovely to get back home, I had really missed the kids and Boris. Although after 24 hours and with the constant stream of washing, cleaning and the kids once again at each others throats I could quite gladly have got on another plane back to Vegas

IG - alicialanesmith
Old 30 Mar 19, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
I know right! I would have bitten their arm off for £180 a night. Luckily he's only 40 once
I've vowed never to step foot in a Hooters again, their food is shockingly crap
You would have thought by now that airlines could regulate the temperatures of the planes as you're right either freezing or boiling!
It was all an unnecessary stress that we didn't need but it always feels worse when you're sleep deprived!
It was lovely to get back home, I had really missed the kids and Boris. Although after 24 hours and with the constant stream of washing, cleaning and the kids once again at each others throats I could quite gladly have got on another plane back to Vegas
Was one of your Bellagio nights a weekend? Maybe thats why the price was so high? We were there the week before you and it was much cheaper. We were there 4 weekdays though. Weekends can at least double the price. Sorry you didnt think it was worth it
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 19, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 16

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
Thank you so much for reading along Julia
Yes the Columbus seems very popular on here so hopefully it will be good. I still can't get over the price of San Fran hotels!
Have you done a pre trippy yet? I really love reading your reports
The prices are eye wateringly expensive! We've found the same for Monterey too!

I don't think I'll do a pre trippy so but I hope to do a full trip report.

Thanks for reading
juliab is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 20, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

I’ve really enjoyed catching up with your Vegas trip. I love that you got to see the Grand Canyon with snow on it but perhaps not so much when you woke up the next day to the full blown storm! I would have been an absolute wreck in the car on the way back to Vegas I felt like you deserved a fountain view room after that drive...I definitely think you did after the building noise, I would have been livid shame you didn’t get the chance to move but at least the credit covered some room service. The Bellagio is such a beautiful hotel and it is a treat to stay there but I did like the look of your other hotel room too. I really fancy a trip back to Vegas with the kids-I’m following along with Juliab trip report too-you are both inspiring me to think of somewhere different to Orlando. I can’t wait to read all about your adventures this year
OB1LukeLucas is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List