walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Originally Posted by KittyBlackDog View Post
You do seem to ‘pick’ your 4th person

Well done Josh 👍🏻

That buggy looks like it made your golfing a breeze by comparison 😬

Relaxing pool time is what Florida holidays were made for no matter whether it’s hotel/resort or villa based (or both) it’s a perfect antidote to a busy day.

Looking forward to reading more.

Sivako
We do seem to attract the extra player don't we This guy was at least a better golfer5 than our last experience, but still a cheat. Maybe that is an American golfing thing? Not sure but I have tried so hard to get the boys to simply write the correct score and move on - no matter what that score is!
That whole ethic and connection with the game is possibly the reason Josh was made Junior Captain - it is what the whole game of golf is dependent on.

As for the buggy - what a difference, we just wished we could have stayed for 18 holes, possibly as we were not melted and we were all playing well

Pool time is possibly the biggest thing we all miss when not in our happy place.

Know you will be reading more and always appreciate all of your responses in each of my trip reports.

Sivako x

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 19, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Palm trees View Post
It may have been light on notes but its clear that you all had a brilliant day.

It was a fab experience, might cost me a bit on our next trip as it is a course we enjoyed so much.

Glad you enjoyed reading

Originally Posted by flo-tinka View Post
What pros your boys are turning out to be!
Loving the big splash shot from the underwater camera
Boys are both getting to the stage where they practice more than me and therefore play better than me. They are doing really well and hopefully when I get a life after work, we will enjoy some exciting golf trips together.

I always get a great laugh out of the underwater camera pics as they boys take loads , forget about them and then when they get downloaded at home there are usually only 3 or 4 that you can use in a trip report

Thanks for reading, as always

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 19, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
The golf sounds amazing and you have some lovely pics there.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 19, 12:07 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by salmim View Post
Photos of lads swing look great, so easy when they're young and flexible! My lads laugh at my creaky swing! Looks like you had a great time we love LBV and play every trip the guys are great. Remember we first went and were little nervous (high handicaps, starter watching first tee etc! ) When I spoke about it in the Pro Shop the guy said "Don't worry sir it's Resort Golf go out and enjoy yourselves" makes you feel a lot better when you don't pass the Red Tees! 😂😂 hope you enjoy the rest of your trip, looks great fun they will never forget 😊

They really do look after you and I have to admit I got an email today from the company who look after the golf there - Arnold Palmer organisation that had some sunrise or sunset golf times at just $30.

Know it cost but I have to admit the whole experience was amazing at LBV and would do it again - if only to try to compete a little more with the boys scores!

Thanks for your comments and hope you read along with the rest of the trip

Old 17 Mar 19, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by mick View Post
Sounds like a good round of golf by you three but strange from the other chap!

Haven’t been to York outlet for a couple of years has some parking got to be paid for now

Joan
Thanks for reading , as always Joan

York outlets have messed about with their parking to the extent it becomes a chore too, they obviously took a hint from their American conterparts

as always just be prepared to park that bit further away

we had a great round of golf and enjoyed the challenge - as for the other guy, I'm sure he is turning pro soon based on the scores he was counting

Day 13 coming soon

Old 20 Mar 19, 12:51 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Well done Josh on getting your name on the board at your golf club, quite an achievement.

Gorgeous pictures from Old Key West, what a treat to be able to play the course there.

Josh sends his thanks He is still so proud of his home golfing achievements , never mind the quality of his golf in Florida.

Was a treat to be able to see OKW from the golf course and I hope we can do this again as it was such a great experience.

Appreciate your words as does Josh

Old 23 Mar 19, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
sully301
Imagineer

did you have to have a 4th person? i'm not sure i'd really like that. I do tend to play with my friends though and don't enter competitions. Could you rent a golf buggy on oak trail or is it walking only? thanks
Feb 2003 AKL, April 2003 Villa, June 2003 ASMu Nov 2003 OKW, Dec 2003 CSR & PVR, Aug 2007 Pop Century, Aug 2011 RPR & OKW, Dec 2012 POFQ & BLT. Aug 2015 Disney Magic, Sep 2016 ASsports, Sep 2019 OKW, March 2020, Holiday Inn Celebration. 2021 CSR, Sep 22 Pop Century, BLT & AKL. Feb23 Dockside US. Aug 23 Disney Dream, Jan 24 ASSp Sep 2024 ASSp
sully301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 19, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by sully301 View Post
did you have to have a 4th person? i'm not sure i'd really like that. I do tend to play with my friends though and don't enter competitions. Could you rent a golf buggy on oak trail or is it walking only? thanks
Great ask

If you play as a 3 ball then they will add a single player to the group - even on Oak trail. It just makes their booking system work efficiently.
If there is no single player you get to go as a 2 or 3. Know it can be a pain but at any golf course you will be paired with a single player according to demand

Oak Trail is walking only, but is a free game of golf if you have a UK Ultimate ticket.
The buggy on this occasion was an extra that would never had happened had Oak trail been open. We loved it and if I keep saving up, would love to play the whole of LBV golf .

Oak trail is an enjoyable 9 holes walking and is a good challenge too

Old 23 Mar 19, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
sully301
Imagineer

Originally Posted by walt4it View Post
Great ask

If you play as a 3 ball then they will add a single player to the group - even on Oak trail. It just makes their booking system work efficiently.
If there is no single player you get to go as a 2 or 3. Know it can be a pain but at any golf course you will be paired with a single player according to demand

Oak Trail is walking only, but is a free game of golf if you have a UK Ultimate ticket.
The buggy on this occasion was an extra that would never had happened had Oak trail been open. We loved it and if I keep saving up, would love to play the whole of LBV golf .

Oak trail is an enjoyable 9 holes walking and is a good challenge too
ahh, my club doesn't currently do tee times as it's not that busy so we've never been asked to have someone else join us. Think i may just spend my money in the shop instead. Lots of lovely disney golf things to take home!
Feb 2003 AKL, April 2003 Villa, June 2003 ASMu Nov 2003 OKW, Dec 2003 CSR & PVR, Aug 2007 Pop Century, Aug 2011 RPR & OKW, Dec 2012 POFQ & BLT. Aug 2015 Disney Magic, Sep 2016 ASsports, Sep 2019 OKW, March 2020, Holiday Inn Celebration. 2021 CSR, Sep 22 Pop Century, BLT & AKL. Feb23 Dockside US. Aug 23 Disney Dream, Jan 24 ASSp Sep 2024 ASSp
sully301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 19, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by sully301 View Post
ahh, my club doesn't currently do tee times as it's not that busy so we've never been asked to have someone else join us. Think i may just spend my money in the shop instead. Lots of lovely disney golf things to take home!
If you want to play Oak Trail then have no fear about playing with anyone else. It is set up to be 9 holes of fun and 9 holes when you will not feel under pressure to perform. As a freebie on the Ultimate ticket and with a 28$ charge for club rental with a push trolley is worth the experience.

On the Oak Trail there is less chance of being matched up and the expectation is of having fun