Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 23 Mar 19, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
ILoveDaveLamb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JoJo88 View Post
Wow. Just wow. So I guess the same can be said for all abusers then. They have their needs 🙄
I know... yikes!
Old 23 Mar 19, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

So basically is she saying that a paedophile has a sexual need that is no different to any other sexual gender need/choice , that's a dangerous statement to put out there if that is what she is implying .
I cannot believe she would think that way
Aug 2018...Westridge. Aug 2019... Miami & Solterra Resort
Lindaelaine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 19, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by ILoveDaveLamb View Post
dailymail/news/art...led-there.html

I see Barbara Streisand has given her opinion...
I'm guilty of not thinking before I speak often but if I was in public eye I'd try and hedge my bets more about what I said... those are ridiculous comments, yep his actions didn't kill them but what about abuse victims who at some point cannot see no way out of their torment and do take their lives 😠😠🤬🤬
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 19, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Megandllsmum View Post
I'm guilty of not thinking before I speak often but if I was in public eye I'd try and hedge my bets more about what I said... those are ridiculous comments, yep his actions didn't kill them but what about abuse victims who at some point cannot see no way out of their torment and do take their lives 😠😠🤬🤬
There is no proof that MJ is guilty of abuse but from reading Streisand's comments it sounds like she is saying if he is then he has a right to fulfill those desires , I hope her words were taken out of context as it's hard to believe she could possibly have those thoughts .
Lindaelaine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 19, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Whitequeen
Imagineer

Whitequeen's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I'm reserving judgement on her comments because, after all, it is the Daily FAIL reporting it.

West Coast Visits-5
Whitequeen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 19, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Whitequeen View Post
I'm reserving judgement on her comments because, after all, it is the Daily FAIL reporting it.
Yes the Mail is known to sensationalise stories but this has been reported by several tabloids and the BBC news , it's hard to believe that she trivialised abuse to defend MJ who was a friend of hers , admitted she believed the boys stories saying that MJ had sexual needs but it was the parents that were at fault for allowing them to share his bed .
I can't understand how anyone can possibly think that way .

Edited at 07:47 PM.
Old 23 Mar 19, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Lindaelaine View Post
Yes the Mail is known to sensationalise stories but this has been reported by several tabloids and the BBC news , it's hard to believe that she trivialised abuse to defend MJ who was a friend of hers , admitted she believed the boys stories saying that MJ had sexual needs but it was the parents that were at fault for allowing them to share his bed .
I can't understand how anyone can possibly think that way .
I am flabbergasted at her saying all of this - except the bit about the parents being at fault for allowing them to share a bed with him.

Even though I believed he was innocent until this documentary, I am a mother to two boys and under no circumstances would I ever have agreed to that - yes Michael Jackson should not ever have behaved in this manner - but if the parents hadn’t allowed their boys to stay in his bed or be alone with him, then it wouldn’t of happened to their children.

But I agree, I’m totally shocked at Barbara Streisand, but it makes me wonder more and more about how warped a world do some of these ‘beyond famous’ celebrities live in? - it certainly doesn’t seem to bear any relation to the one we know.
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 19, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
[QUOTE=amy56;13747695

But I agree, I’m totally shocked at Barbara Streisand, but it makes me wonder more and more about how warped a world do some of these ‘beyond famous’ celebrities live in? - it certainly doesn’t seem to bear any relation to the one we know.[/QUOTE]

Therein lies a version of the truth. She lives in a different world from others where everything she wants is provided and where everything she says is supported by those around her who are paid to indulge her.

She needs a reality check. Hopefully the follout from this will provide one.
Dinglebert is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 19, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

I saw a little clip yesterday and it was a boy with Michael, being interviewed by martin bashir, and the boy very uncomfortably said ‘michael told me if i really loved him i would sleep in his bed so I sleep in his bed’ michael just smiled, and martin bashir asked him why he felt the need for that as a grown man, it was just awful to watch.

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816

Edited at 02:49 PM.
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 19, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Mobile

Babs has seriously gone down in my estimations.