Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 3 Jan 18, 11:45 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Someone's posted up a ton of OKW refurb pictures (albeit 1 bed) on the dis boards. They look OK, but very grey, a bit like beach club. You will all be pleased to hear they kept the crocodile finish black coffee tables in there. New sofa bed looks nice. I haven't seen the bedrooms yet. They kept the same kitchen cabinets. New work surface and now a glass back on kitchen instead of tiles.
Old 3 Jan 18, 11:52 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Mobile

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Someone's posted up a ton of OKW refurb pictures (albeit 1 bed) on the dis boards. They look OK, but very grey, a bit like beach club. You will all be pleased to hear they kept the crocodile finish black coffee tables in there. New sofa bed looks nice. I haven't seen the bedrooms yet. They kept the same kitchen cabinets. New work surface and now a glass back on kitchen instead of tiles.
As long as they have kept the King bedroom ceiling fan!
BarryandCaron is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 18, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
gtyrel10
VIP Dibber

Oh I haven't seen those, we are staying in a one bed this October would be fab to see some photos!
gtyrel10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 18, 12:33 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by gtyrel10 View Post
Oh I haven't seen those, we are staying in a one bed this October would be fab to see some photos!
Go on Disboards, DVC thread, resorts thread, it is called something like 'OKW buildings 30-33 occupied'
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 18, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Pootle
Very Serious Dibber

Pootle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
So we moved to OKW from BWV this morning, and despite checking in at 7 am with a very helpful cast member who remembered us, could not get a newly refurbished studio. The resort is full and they are taking out of service 4 blocks in the South Point area (our favourite) and the South Point pool right now.

When we opened the door to our studio in block 18, a voice shouted ‘Welcome Home’ from the kitchenette area . It was a maintenance guy who liked to talk, so I quizzed him. Mostly what he had to say was about the 1 bedroom units (which we usually have) but I pushed him on the studios and he said 2 queen beds as usual, but new ones with legs rather than a solid base and better mattresses and total redecoration.

I am going to attempt a studio viewing in a few days’ time and if I succeed will take pics if not readily available by then, and will see if a Murphy bed for a 5th person exists! The maintenance guy didn’t mention one though.
Old 6 Jan 18, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
disneymadhouse
Imagineer

disneymadhouse's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Thanks for the update. Would be good if we could store suitcases under the bed, like you can on DCL. Looking forward to hopefully hearing more!
Enjoy your hols

1994 Lindfields Villa 1999 Polynesian/Disney Magic 2002 All Star Sports 2007 Best Western Lakeside 2012 OKW 2014 Disney Magic 2015 OKW/Disney Dream/AoA 2016 Disney Magic 2017 OKW 2018 Disney Dream / OKW / All Star Movies 2019 CBR
DVC Owner at OKW
disneymadhouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 18, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by disneymadhouse View Post
Thanks for the update. Would be good if we could store suitcases under the bed, like you can on DCL. Looking forward to hopefully hearing more!
Enjoy your hols
I suspect that's why they put them on legs- they did it in Copper Creek for the suitcases to go under. They'll likely have put the same beds in.
We were told a sofa bed was going in the studios but it looks like they backed off following uproar from OKW owners.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 18, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Pootle
Very Serious Dibber

Pootle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by YorkshireT;13005197)
We were told a sofa bed was going in the studios but it looks like they backed off following uproar from OKW owners.
Who/where was the source?
Old 6 Jan 18, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Mobile

I suspect that's why they put them on legs- they did it in Copper Creek for the suitcases to go under. They'll likely have put the same beds in.
Why the uproar? Just curious. Doesn’t bother us as we always stay one or two bed at OKW.
BarryandCaron is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 18, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Pootle View Post
Who/where was the source?
Multiple people had been told by member services that the studios were getting a sofa bed instead of one of the beds when they were ringing to book. It seemed credible as I saw about 3-4 reporting the same information.
This prompted many people on Facebook threads to start getting worked up about it, and emailing Ken Potrock etc. Then when someone has gone in, the beds were allegedly still 2 queens albeit I haven’t seen any pictures yet. I thus wonder if they changed the plans.
Many OKW owners are protective of their resort and like the fact it is the only one with 2 proper beds as many people dislike the sofa beds (hopefully that will change, DVC are trialling new sofa beds now including an excellent Murphy version),

Edited at 02:24 PM.