Notices

Old 20 Aug 18, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
EvilQueen1937
Proud to wear my Ears

Cast Member Charlotte (Disney's CEP 2018!) Day 62-63 - Moving Out & MNSSHP

Hi everyone! This is going to be my penultimate trip report on the Dibb! I'll be writing about moving out of Chatham Square on Thursday and the Halloween party on Friday, with my final post being about my journey home. I thought I'd be writing this at the airport waiting for my flight but I didn't get chance, as you will see. I'm home now, and I suppose this is a good way to drag out the magic a little bit longer!

So! Delphine and I shared the same alarm on Thursday morning, since she had to get up to see her friends and I had to get up because I had to be out of my house at 11am. We were both shattered because we'd stayed up late together the evening before after my last shift at the Emporium, and my eyes were all puffy and swollen.

We got ready together and I did some more packing, before it was time for her to leave. We got a few photos together outside of our apartment, with our house number 16101 so that I'll always remember it!

As annoying as she has been at times, I'm going to really miss her! She's got a few days left of her program yet but will be in the house all by herself, poor thing. She said she might get her friend to come and stay with her to keep her company.

Once she had left, I stuck some music on and carried on packing. I pulled a load of the Mickey shapes down from the wall, with plans to use them to decorate my room once back at university. I threw away the few things left in my fridge, leaving my pasta for Delphine to use.

I was meeting my friend Rebecca from the Emporium at 10:30 to go to Port Orleans, where we were staying, so I ended up rushing a bit. I needed to get rid of my bedding but wanted to recycle it, so I went to the service centre to see if there was anywhere to donate it. Turns out the place was literally next door to my flat and I'd never actually noticed it 😂

When I'd finally finished packing, I went to shut my suitcase, and it wouldn't close. It literally would not budge. I had to take loads of stuff out, put them in plastic bags and carry them, hoping I could rearrange my things once I got to the hotel. To be fair, I still had stuff that I planned on throwing away before my flight, like toiletries.

I took one last look at my apartment and then left. I went straight to the service centre to drop off my key and ID, and they gave me this little memory box to take home! That's a cute gesture and all, but I didn't know how on earth I was supposed to pack it 😂

I walked out of the housing complex for one last time, and waited near the bus stop for Rebecca to turn up in the Uber. When she arrived, the driver struggled to fit all our stuff in the car! 😂

We drove to Port Orleans, although it took ages to find the lobby because it was really badly signposted!

Here we are, in the lobby about to check in! The cast member working on the desk gave us a letter from Princess Tiana welcoming us to the hotel. They also took our bags and drove us to our hotel room! I was so thankful, because my suitcase is an awkward size and shape and is a ≈≈≈≈≈≈ to move.

Here's my letter from Tiana!

And here is our room. Number 9922. It was laid out similarly to the budget hotels, and was a teensy bit smaller to be honest. But it was so well decorated!

There were buttons on the side of the beds that made the painting on the headrest light up with fireworks. It was a cute touch! The sinks were cool too - the tap was literally a golden lamp like the one in Aladdin.

Once we had settled we went straight to the food court, since neither of us had yet eaten. This is a fountain outside of our room...

Here's Rebecca photobombing my picture of the food hall 😂

We were both absolutely knackered, and I felt like a zombie. I wasn't very talkative or excited about my surroundings, I was just tired and hungry. We ate pretty much silently, before agreeing to go for a wander.

We went into the shop and I finally bought my parents the salt and pepper dispensers that they liked. I also had a moment where I was feeling impulsive so I got the ring to match the special necklace that I'd bought earlier on in my summer. It was $75 (eek!) but my cast ID was still working so I got my 20% discount.

When we went for a wander, we found two hammocks by the pool with no one in them! The coincidence was too much - obviously that meant we should try them out for five minutes!

An hour and a half later, we were still laid there. We had both been snoozing, and we were both so flipping comfy that we just didn't want to budge. Eventually I dragged myself and Rebecca away, since we had intended to go to a park that afternoon and make the most of our free time. But when we went back to the room, we both got on our beds and snoozed a little more! 😂

Eventually we texted Ellie, the third girl who was meant to be sharing our hotel room, and arranged to meet her in the Animal Kingdom. I'd never seen Rivers of Light, which was the last evening show I hadn't seen in WDW.

Oh, my yeti came with us! We dressed up like very basic CPs again, with our graduation ears and "I'm celebrating CEP 2018" buttons, and then we set off.

We went on Expedition Everest first, via the single rider line. This picture is from the second time we went on, but it's too good not to post! The yeti had a great time on his favourite ride 😂

After Everest we bumped into Ellie, who was with her friends Rhi. There were some weird vibes that I picked up on, as Ellie seemed confused about something and worried about our hotel room. I think something must have happened that I remain completely unaware of, because her behaviour made us worry that she was going to abandon us and stay with her friend instead. However, when we had added her onto our room we had paid extra to do so, so it wouldn't be fair if she tried to ditch us.

To cut a long story short, she did ditch us after all! She was feeling anxious about it for some reason so decided to stay with her friend. I can't really explain what happened because I have no idea myself really. Rebecca seemed to have a better idea of what was going on so I sort of just left things to her and got on with my night. As long as Ellie at least had the decency to pay the difference on our room, I didn't really care what happened. I was more bothered about enjoying my last night in the Animal Kingdom.

We watched Rivers of Light and went on Everest for one last time, as well as a few other rides, then decided to call it a day. We were both knackered but were also practically nocturnal by this point because of the crazy hours we had been working at the Emporium. So when we got home, both of us had waaaaaay too much energy. We stuck Fleetwood Mac on Spotify, then pranced around the room singing at the top of our voices and rearranging the packing in our suitcases. We finally went to bed at 2ish, which was about the same time as we would if we had been at work.

The next morning it was the day of the Halloween party! Rebecca got up earlier than me as I did a Dibb post, and she went to Disney Springs to buy the rest of her costume. I eventually got up and got ready. I messaged Ellie to check she was ok, and she came round for a natter. She said she had been confused about what was happening with the room, but as far as I was concerned she had at no point the day before got in touch with us to ask questions or clear up why she might be confused. We aren't psychic, so if she hadn't let us know that she was, for some reason, confused, then how were we supposed to know? She had all the information she needed, such as the room number. And we were waiting for her to give us her email so that we could link our magic bands and she could get in. But she never gave it to us because she "didn't like sharing that information". If she was going to be like that, I'm not quite sure what she expected from us. It's still a mystery to me why she was so upset and why she ditched us. I think it might have had something to do with Rebecca maybe, although I don't know what. Again, I just left her to get her knickers in a twist because it was our last day in Orlando and I wasn't going to let drama ruin it!

I didn't have a costume because deciding to go to the party had been a last minute thing. I really wanted to go as the tightrope walker from the stretching room in the HM, but the costume cost $168. So I settled with wearing my Constance the Bride headband, and wore a black playsuit so I looked suitably dark. I also wore my Memento Mori pin from when I worked there, and my Main Street Halloween wreath pin that I'd got the day before.

I set off on my own because I wanted to go to Hollywood Studios first to ride the Tower of Terror and the Rock N Roller Coaster one last time.

Squidge (Jack Skellington) and Zero came with me, as I'd known there was a possibility of meeting Jack and Sally that evening at the party, and I also wanted some pictures with them! I bought Squidge back in 2012 when we'd gone to Disney with my Godparents, and he's been my favourite cuddley ever since. I then got Zero in 2016, and they were the only two plush that I brought with me to Florida, because they go everywhere with me!

After riding the rides and snapping a few pictures, I headed to MK and got in line for wristbands for the Halloween party. Guests who had tickets were allowed in from 4pm onwards, with the park closing to normal guests at 6, and the party officially starting at 7.

The first thing I did when I got there was go and get a drink, because I was so thirsty! I was also on a mission to try as many of the special treats that I could stomach. So I got this candy corn milkshake from Auntie Gravity's Galactic Goodies in Tomorrowland. It had a giant marshmallow Mickey stuck to the straw, and candy floss floating on the top. It was really yummy to be honest, although I struggled to finish it!

It threatened to rain at one point, and I was praying it wouldn't because that would delay all the shows. Thankfully we got lucky.

I bumped into Rebecca in the Emporium, and we headed to Memento Mori to see if they had the ears I'd been after. But they didn't! In Memento we found Alyssa, who also worked at the Emporium, and we went on the Haunted Mansion together. Squidge and Zero got their pictures in front of Master Gracey's grave!

Afterwards, I went to join the queue to meet Jack and Sally but found it was 2-3 hours long! I did reaaaaaally want to meet them and if I was smack bang in the middle of my program and had loads of time left, I would have. But I didn't, and I didn't want to waste my last time in MK, so I had to give it a miss.

I got a fastpass for Space Mountain and ended up sitting at the front. I tell you what, it's terrifying riding at the front! I also rode Pirates just after 6pm, and witnessed a scene that sent me straight into smug mode 😂

The people in front of me in the line didn't have wristbands for the party, so were stopped at the entrance to the ride and told they had to leave the park. The woman who was with them took out her card and said "Excuse me, I'm a passholder..." as if it would make any difference. I've said before that a good chuck of the passholder population are arrogant and entitled, and this is a perfect example of why. They think they can do what they want and just because they have a yellow card in their wallet, they somehow deserve special treatment 😂 Thankfully, the cast member didn't take any of it and actually pointed at my wristband to show them that they couldn't come in. I held my arm up to make sure they could see it! It's mean of me but felt so smug haha! Dealing with passholders is one thing I won't miss about my job.

I went Trick or Treating for a bit then met Rebecca by the Emporium to watch the Boo To You parade. It was awesome, as usual, although I noted that they no longer give out sweets! They have swapped the Goofy's Candy Co. float for a Wreck it Ralph one.

You can see my tan line in this photo 😂 But the Emporium had all their Halloween windows finished finally!

I popped into the Emporium several times throughout the night, and they were struggling. They were severely understaffed, and had only one or two people on registers per zone. When I went later on in the evening, they'd pulled everyone off stock and put them on register because they were so desperate. The shelves were practically empty as a result! I joked with them that I bet they wish they'd never let me go, as I could have been at work and helping them out!

I watched the Hocus Pocus show and the fireworks, and went on the Haunted Mansion a second time.

Ooh I forgot to mention that I tried the Madame Leota tart thingy! It was so cool because she was 3D!

This isn't a very clear photo because it was dark, but when I got off the Haunted Mansion there were live actors in the garden! One was the groom and the other was a lady called Madame Carlotta. I stood and watched them for ages and was pleasantly surprised, especially since the HM hadn't been listed as one of the attractions with special changes just for the party!

I went on Pirates for one last time (they also had live actors) before making the Haunted Mansion my last ride of the evening. I'd been on it three times 😂

I then went back to the Emporium to walk through and say goodbye for one last time. Jeff, bless him, had been shoved on Alex and Ani. He hates register and much prefers stocking so I found it hilarious that he was there! I have him a cuddle then went to see everyone else before heading towards the castle for one last goodbye. I finally had to hand my blue ID in, too. Which meant no more discounts and no more Cast ID 😭

Everything was blue, which was annoying because I can't see the colour blue as clearly as other colours, so everything was slightly blurry for me. But I sat down in front of the castle until park closing, then I headed down Main Street for the last time. It was weird, because the lights weren't on and Halloween music was playing, so it didn't make me as emotional as I thought it would.

Even the Emporium looked different!

I'd had a great night but couldn't help being slightly disappointed that Main Street wasn't it's usual self as I said goodbye to it.

I got the bus home and waved goodbye to the Magic Kingdom - I'm not sure when the next time I'll see it will be!

So that concludes my write up of my last two days at Walt Disney World. I'll write my last post soon, I promise!

Remember, you're the one who can fill the world with sunshine!
EvilQueen1937 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 18, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by EvilQueen1937 - 20 Aug 18 2:02 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 18, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

I’ve loved all your reports Charlotte. Thanks for writing them.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 18, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Andi
VIP Dibber

Many thanks Charlotte for all the Trip Reports and pictures on Instagram. Absolutely loved seeing and reading about your journey as a Cast Member.

DVC - Animal Kingdom Lodge

International Drive 2002, All Star Movies 2005, Renaissance at Seaworld 2008, Rosen Plaza & POFQ 2010, Saratoga Springs Resort 2012, Hotel New York DLP 2013, Rosen Plaza and Old Key West 2014, AKL, BLT & SSR July 2015, Crowne Plaza NYC, AKL, Cabana Bay, AKL Nov 2017, Crowne Plaza NYC April 2018, Rosen Plaza, AKL and GFV August 2018, Australia Nov 2018, RCI Cruise August 2019, Rosen Plaza, Pop Century August 2022
Andi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 18, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyphile
Apprentice Imagineer

Thank you for sharing all your adventures with us. I hope that the blues aren’t too bad now that you’re home.
Disneyphile is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 18, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks for sharing your last couple of days there. Hope your jetlag isn't too bad since you're home.
93 94 03 2023 DLP
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 18, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

Loved your reports and enjoyed sharing your highs and occasional lows.
Old 20 Aug 18, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Sounds like a great last evening in MK
Bet it seems strange to be back in the UK

Joan
Old 20 Aug 18, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Dizzny Momma
Excited about Disney

Oh Charlotte! pass the tissue box, all good things come to an end I'm sure you will be back next year and it's been fascinating reading about Walt Disney World from the inside
Margaret
Dizzny Momma is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 18, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyPCLI
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Well done you - I hope you’ve settled back in Blighty 😭😭