Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 28 Jan 19, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
skstorm
VIP Dibber

Yay finally got access and points - please help inspire me

So today I rang and they gave me my membership number and I could set my account up. I can see points for 2018 and 2019 but it doesn't show anything for 2020 yet - is that right?

Looking to book and I think my fears are correct in that there is not a lot left for the dates I was going. I don't think I've quite got my head round the site yet but I have 256 points for 2019 with a further 150 I could bring forward from 2020.

Should I

Just book saratoga preferred view for the full time and sell about 20 points?

Please inspire me with other options I could do within my point limits. We are going 20 Aug 19 - 3 Sept 19 it would be nice to try one of the other resorts but just playing around to see what I could do. Happy with either Studio or 1 bed obviously 1 bed effects the points more. If you can see anything tempting please post it and I can have a look
skstorm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 19, 06:55 AM  
Link to this Post
skstorm
VIP Dibber

Question. I am seeing places available towards the end of my stay and if I go to book it is showing I can't book till 31 Jan. Can someone explain the 7 month booking please. Do I have to book these rooms a day at a time? Ideally would have liked to do somewhere different at the beginning then move to SSR if I waitlist at this point what are the chances of something coming through!
skstorm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 19, 07:11 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

You can book 10 days at a time. 7 months from check in day.

You can book August 28- sept 3 today. But not aug 29-sept 3

Boardwalk studio garden view is available. You could do a week at SSR followed by a week at BWV.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 19, 07:20 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
I just had a proper look

For your first week you need to book SSR for 99 or 113 depending on view. Or you can book a 1 bed elsewhere but you’d have to borrow a lot of points. And I think it’s good to start in a studio and then upgrade rather than the other way around.

There are loads of options for week 2. You can spend between 143 up to 293 if you borrow.

Some options that you can book today with full availability.

There are more choices as well. I just took the first few I saw.

Aug 27-sept 3

BWV. 121 studio
190 1bed standard view
241 1 bed boardwalk view ** points heavy but really lovely **

Bay lake studio 137/164 depending on view

Kidani studio 117
Copper creek 1 bed 241
Beach club 1 bed 239

Personally I’d book a 1 bed standard view at the boardwalk as it will leave you some points and give you a taste of a one bed. However. Once you’ve tried one you’ll like it.

Or go for one of the studios and bank some points. You don’t need to spend all 143.

Edited at 07:27 AM.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 19, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
skstorm
VIP Dibber

Thanks Bev thats really really helpful I didn't realise I could book the 2nd week in one go so I think I just worked out I could do a preferred studio at SSR from 20th Aug- 28 Aug and then Beech club 1 bed for 28 - 3rd (check out day) for 332 points. I may be getting the hang of it now and it doesn't look as bad as I first thought.

I have a choice of studios at Boardwalk or Boulder Ridge or kidani

our 1 bed choices would be between Beech Club, BoardWalk, Animal Kingdom, Copper Creek or at a push Grand Floridian.

Pool is important for us as I have 2 little un's that love messing in water so I would be hedging towards Beech club. but would love to hear so recommendations on the above choices?

all are doable in points and I would book a preferred studio at SSR for the first bit.
Old 29 Jan 19, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Personally I’d go for Boardwalk Standard View 1 bed, best value points on property and high demand rooms. I’d rather have the 49 points for next time.

Edited at 08:26 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 19, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

This is a Boardwalk Standard 2 bed lockoff, so you can see exactly what the 1 bed is like. This view is ‘high floor, opposite tennis court’ area. The 1 bed is when they film through the door. The first bit is the studio (obvious I know).

Edited at 08:47 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 19, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post
skstorm
VIP Dibber

definitely considering boardwalk however a little more tempted by the beach club at the moment due to the pool plus the fact the kids and I really don't like clowns very much so not sure how we would cope with the boardwalk pool.

so tempted with Beach club but also have to admin the grand floridian looked really really nice . aaarrgh need to hurry up and make a decision so I can get it booked before it gets booked up. Have you been to beach club YT? whats that one like?
Old 29 Jan 19, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by skstorm View Post
definitely considering boardwalk however a little more tempted by the beach club at the moment due to the pool plus the fact the kids and I really don't like clowns very much so not sure how we would cope with the boardwalk pool.

so tempted with Beach club but also have to admin the grand floridian looked really really nice . aaarrgh need to hurry up and make a decision so I can get it booked before it gets booked up. Have you been to beach club YT? whats that one like?
I don’t like clowns but I love the Boardwalk.

Some parents dislike the pool at Yacht & Beach when their children are small, as it’s quite difficult to keep them contained. We just stuck to the shallow sand pool at Yacht Club until ours were older.
Old 29 Jan 19, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Firstly I'm pleased it's all come through after such a long process. Well done.

Here is my take on the SSR part as I live by the motto Points are to be exploited to the fullest.

You make the following comment ''Pool is important for us as I have 2 little un's that love messing in water''

To that end I would never go for a Preferred view and the extra point usage. The views from Congress can be lovely but they can be dire as well. We know how to exploit the system and know every room and its view hence we can haggle at the desk!

The pool at Congress is a sunbathers paradise but hopeless for children as there is nothing to do and no drinks machine. Plus it's not zero entry.

I would opt for the Paddocks or Grandstand if I had children along.
Just some thoughts.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List