Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 8 Mar 19, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
knads2012
Apprentice Imagineer

knads2012's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by vics18 View Post
We used Instacart and had grocery order delivered to our resort on our first night. I believe Amazon Prime also do grocery delivery, and garden grocer.
Hi -

Do you happen to know how the Amazon Prime grocery works? I've used Garden Grocer before but was looking at other routes this time such as Fairytale personal shopper or Amazon - thanks in advance

Karen
knads2012 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 19, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Jo 77
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
At risk of sounding sarcastic, because I don't want to be, but I genuinely don't understand why you would not have thought of a taxi. No matter how many times you have been to Disney, you must have heard of taxis before surely, they have a much longer history than uber. I am really baffled by this story.
I'm not sure why you would be so baffled, it's not as if it isn't a true story! Yes, in this country I would have used a taxi but this was no normal situation. We were hot, we were tired, we were stressed. We have 3 children including one with ASD. We'd looked up uber before we went and were happy to use that when we needed. We used one to get to Walmart and therefore automatically tried to use one to return. I cannot begin to explain how stressed we were which is why I feel it is quite understandable that two intelligent adults could be thrown like this. None of the customers or the staff mentioned any other way of us getting back to POR so they clearly didn't think of it either.
Jo 77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 19, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
vics18
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by knads2012 View Post
Hi -

Do you happen to know how the Amazon Prime grocery works? I've used Garden Grocer before but was looking at other routes this time such as Fairytale personal shopper or Amazon - thanks in advance

Karen
Hi! We have used Fairytale Personal shopper several times and highly recommended Beth, she is great! This last trip we used her parcel holding service and personal shopping but for groceries I knew I wanted some heavy items such as boxes of waters so looked at grocery shopping sites for that rather than weighing down poor Beth, although she is so lovely she would get anything we asked her for!
I didn't use amazon so not sure how that works, but with Instacart I downloaded the app and started popping stuff in my basket a few weeks before we travelled. They sent me a few email coupons during this time which came in handy. A couple of days before we flew I checked out and selected a delivery time on our arrival day. When it was delivered I got an update message on the app and we rang down to bell services when we were in our room and they delivered it for us. We didn't get charged a fee (but obviously did tip the bell services man who delivered it) It was really easy, would definitely use them again.
vics18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 19, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
knads2012
Apprentice Imagineer

knads2012's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by vics18 View Post
Hi! We have used Fairytale Personal shopper several times and highly recommended Beth, she is great! This last trip we used her parcel holding service and personal shopping but for groceries I knew I wanted some heavy items such as boxes of waters so looked at grocery shopping sites for that rather than weighing down poor Beth, although she is so lovely she would get anything we asked her for!
I didn't use amazon so not sure how that works, but with Instacart I downloaded the app and started popping stuff in my basket a few weeks before we travelled. They sent me a few email coupons during this time which came in handy. A couple of days before we flew I checked out and selected a delivery time on our arrival day. When it was delivered I got an update message on the app and we rang down to bell services when we were in our room and they delivered it for us. We didn't get charged a fee (but obviously did tip the bell services man who delivered it) It was really easy, would definitely use them again.
Oh wow - thank you that is really helpful, yes, we will need water too... I've heard so many nice things about Beth (Fairytale Personal Shopper) so I may have to look at using her even if only for parcel holding! X
knads2012 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 19, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

What happens when it gets to resort, do you have to collect it from bell services? Do you have to wait in for a delivery slot?
You choose a delivery slot and they deliver it to bell services. They (Bell services) keep it refrigerated for you and when you are ready or when checking in they will bring it too your room for you.

Kat

Edited at 05:02 PM.
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 19, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
You choose a delivery slot and they deliver it to bell services. They (Bell services) keep it refrigerated for you and when you are ready or when checking in they will bring it too your room for you.

Kat
Sounds perfect. I think we will use Garden Grocer and get breakfasts and water in.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 19, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
salmon70
Imagineer

Mobile

At risk of sounding sarcastic, because I don't want to be, but I genuinely don't understand why you would not have thought of a taxi. No matter how many times you have been to Disney, you must have heard of taxis before surely, they have a much longer history than uber. I am really baffled by this story.
I'm afraid I'm with Jo77 on this one. The exact same thing happened to us in Walmart in 2017. It was our first trip to Disney and I was told Walmart had wifi - it didn't. Trust me, I wouldnt have gone had i known that. I was alone with my DD it was getting late and I was a bit panicked to say the least. I spoke to several workers all of whom were pretty unhelpful. In the end a swcurity guard told us to walk across the car park to some shops where we managed to get a wifi signal albeit a weak one. There were no Mears taxis outside Walmart either or I would have got one. It was also my first time using Uber too.

When we went back last year, Walmart had wifi but I made sure I had a 3 PAYG sim which thankfully worked well. Will be doing the same thing again this year too 👍.
salmon70 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 19, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by salmon70 View Post
I'm afraid I'm with Jo77 on this one. The exact same thing happened to us in Walmart in 2017. It was our first trip to Disney and I was told Walmart had wifi - it didn't. Trust me, I wouldnt have gone had i known that. I was alone with my DD it was getting late and I was a bit panicked to say the least. I spoke to several workers all of whom were pretty unhelpful. In the end a swcurity guard told us to walk across the car park to some shops where we managed to get a wifi signal albeit a weak one. There were no Mears taxis outside Walmart either or I would have got one. It was also my first time using Uber too.

When we went back last year, Walmart had wifi but I made sure I had a 3 PAYG sim which thankfully worked well. Will be doing the same thing again this year too 👍.
Well it is terrible that the staff could not help you get a taxi! I was genuinely taken aback as we don't drive and I did consider venturing to the supermarkets at one point. I don't think I will now though, the delivery sounds good.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 19, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Zomax25
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Target and Walmart have all had WiFi on all of our trips but my husband also paid extra to have 4G if we needed it (a per day charge) in an emergency.
I’ve used Beth for parcels and agree she was wonderful.
We stayed at All Stars once and they had everything we needed either in the food court or the shop. Yes it was expensive but convenient and stress free. We also grabbed some milk at the airport the first time we travelled with our youngest as she was a milk monster, but I wouldn’t recommend that as I remember it being $10 for about 500ml 😱. Obviously I sent my husband who just bought it without thinking!
Zomax25 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 19, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

I’ve used Garden Grocer about 6 times. They have made mistakes twice (forgotten a single item). Other than that it’s easy if expensive. Order early to get a discount. By the time you’ve paid for an Uber you’re pretty much in the same place financially and if you go to Walmart you WILL buy stuff you didn’t plan to and overspend! We now take Chilly’s water bottles and so now order the huge waters and use them to fill our bottles. Reduces one time plastic use. We also order cereal and cereal bars and milk and toiletries to save weight in the luggage. We order Pepsi too as Disney has Coke. Even though it’s free with your mug I’d rather have Pepsi.

They leave your order with Bell Services who have cold storage for fridge items. GG text you when your order had arrived. Collect it yourself or ask Bell Services to deliver but you should tip them for this. I order it to arrive 2 hours after we land so it generally arrives shortly before we do.

Edited at 11:19 AM.
scoobydooby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List