Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 11 Mar 19, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
stupet11
Imagineer

We have stayed there 3 times - twice at Turtle Pond area, and one on Peninsular Road - which was just about walkable (the heat is the issue in August!).

There are buses - so you can hop on those to HH, and the small pools are fab - when at Turtle Pond we hardly used HH pool.

My tip would be either order a grocery delivery, or do a shop if you have a car - you get a large fridge and lots of space for food / snacks.

Lovely relaxed resort, and the room space is great.
2012 Fairfield Inn IDrive 2013 Highland Reserve 2014 Old Key West 2015 Old Key West / Fantasy World 2016 New York / Cypress Pointe 2016 Cane Island 2017 Old Key West 2018 Port Orleans Riverside 2019 Keys / Cruise / Rosen Inn IDrive 2022 Port Orleans Riverside 2023 Idrive / Cruise 2023 Universal Dockside
stupet11 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 19, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
DudleyDoRightly
Earning My Ears

Mobile

I'm going against the grain here, but having stayed previously at Riverside and fq, okw wouldn't be my first choice. Yes the size of the room was good and it was a lovely looking resort, but preferred port Orleans for getting around, for the quick service and the pool for the kids.

That being said, we still had an amazing time and I'm sure you will too
DudleyDoRightly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 19, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
allys_uk
Proud to wear my Ears

As we are staying two weeks with a 15 month old and a 5 year old we chose OKW for the space, balcony and the microwave in our room. We love fq but I felt the room would be a tight squeeze for two weeks with a travel cot and buggy in etc.
How long does it take to walk from the different roads to hospitality house at OKW?
allys_uk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 19, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Mazbar
Imagineer

Mazbar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
You don’t have to walk anywhere really, all the bus last pick up is hh so just jump on any bus and just get off at hh.
Mazbar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 19, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Red C
Imagineer

Mobile

I stayed in block 35, opposite a bus stop, in Turtle Pond area. Loved the area. It was 10 mins walk to H H, 3 mins to quiet pool which btw, qs didn't open til 11am. Didn't really use our refillable mugs though. Balcony overlooked pond and golf course. Loved boat to Disney Springs. Had no car so used the buses which sometimes took ages to wait to return to OKW. Would stay there again as the 1 bed villa had loads of space and good facilities!
Mrs Red C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 19, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Themousefamily
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Last year we stayed in the peninsular road area (it was either building 28 or 29) and I would say it was a 5-10 minute walk back to the HH and pool. Few years ago we were in 46 which had lovely river views but was a bit further fromHH. But before that we stayed at yacht club and had to walk similar distance from car parks to hotel entrance. At least OKW you park right outside your room when you come back exhausted from the parks 😊
Themousefamily is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 19, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Robblps
Very Serious Dibber

We stayed in South Point, which is one of the furtherest away from HH. As for getting to HH, there were buses all the time. AS any bus that goes to the park would go to HH. So you can literally get on any bus and get there.

I was a bit worried about staying down in South Point, as people on forums and stuff, tend to never recommend it. As you can see from the people above. If I went back though, i'd more than happily stay there.

I think from what i understand, in OKW is that where ever people stay they seem to love it !
Robblps is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 19, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
OP Pixie Dust
Chilling at Carribean Beach

Hi
We have stayed at OKW three times now. Twice by the hospitality house and once right at the back of the resort.
It’s always swings and roundabouts with the locations.
We never had any problems with the buses and the only thing with being a little far from the food locations was the issue with it getting cold on the walk to the villa but most the times we jumped on the closest bus or more than once cast members offered to take us in the golf carts
My dad has terminal cancer and can’t walk far but still didn’t have any issues with the size of that site
French quatre is lovely too when we have stayed but would always pick OKW if can afford it
OP Pixie Dust is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 19, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
allys_uk
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Thank you.
I have requested Miller's Rd area. We aren't worried about noise( used to living next to a train line) I do love to nip to the fountain and grab a drink or quick walk to the pool.
We where spoilt at fq with a 2 min walk to the food court and the pool.
This is a trip I splashed out on with inheritance from my mum who passed a few years ago hence my anxiety for it to be all we have hoped.
allys_uk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 19, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post

just request turtle pond road area, its maybe 12 mins walk to HH and you can hop on the resort bus's

great resort, infact our fav
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List