Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 29 Oct 20, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Actually having watched a few recent videos and seeing the size of the queues I’m not too sure anymore
Wonder when fp will come back
All irrelevant until we re allowed back in anyway 😟
aqualiv is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 20, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
macdonald
Imagineer

i have booked deposit only until May 21 when full amount will be due..i will see how things look then!... I will cope with earlier park closure,even masks with a push but if still no fast passes and still a lot of restaurant and stalls closed then maybe not..so wait ans see for me..
macdonald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 20, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
LizzyBear
Imagineer

LizzyBear's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Its a no from me. Its an expensive holiday for our family of 5 and my kids and partner have never been so I want them to experience Disney and Orlando as close to 'normal' as possible. I accept some things may have changed long term but character meets, fireworks and parades are all part of what sets it apart from other theme parks in my opinion. If it means we have to wait a bit longer to rebook our cancelled 2020 trip then so be it.
Old 29 Oct 20, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Pascaltimon
Excited about Disney

I’m wishing I took my money back in April this year when May 2020 was cancelled instead I rebooked for May next year but will loose £700 if I cancel
Pascaltimon is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 20, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Shifu
VIP Dibber

Shifu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
have 14 nights booked for Dec 2021 .. but if its masks and no fast Pass, I will be pushing it back.
Shifu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 20, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Red C
Imagineer

Mobile

No, not booking for next year as it's still too risky with this virus. It's such an expensive holiday for not the full Disney experience. Think we'd go 2022 but I'm sure it'll be horrendously expensive with Park tickets and the flights
Mrs Red C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 20, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

No not us .
Similar reasons to others .. too much uncertainty, too many things scaled back and not enough of an incentive.
Will possibly visit the US if we are able to but not Florida .
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 20, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

Mobile

Personally I think it’s crackers to even think about it at the moment. Why set yourself up for most probable disappointment?
MarkUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 20, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Hmr89
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by MarkUK View Post
Personally I think it’s crackers to even think about it at the moment. Why set yourself up for most probable disappointment?
Couple of reasons: it's important to have something to look forward to and to believe there will be an end to the current situation. Im only booking low deposit and free ammendment components so if it has to be moved then its not the end of the end of the world and I'm fully prepared to do so. If no one booked anything until 2022 then there would be no travel companies left for people to go back to. I imagine the cash coming in from 2021 booking is the only thing keeping some companies afloat.
Hmr89 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 20, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
hillcats
Excited about Disney

hillcats's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
USA not for us, probably until Aug 2022 at guess ?!

For once, luck was on our side... We have been to Orlando, California, New York & Las Vegas over the past few years, and had some superb times and got lots of great family memories, but we decided in early 2019 that our home was in need of some TLC as we previously kept on throwing money at USA trips but the home was getting neglected and needed work doing.
So we started to do the house up in 2019 (no holidays) and this ran into 2020 so decided in Jan / Feb this year not to book anything but complete our home instead... then Covid-19 hit the world...
We have nearly completed our home refurb, just two new bathrooms and then we are done.

Have absolutely NO plans to go anywhere near USA soil until this virus is completely over, or at the very least under real control with no deaths rising daily as we keep seeing, especially as my eldest daughter is in the 'at risk' category.

When this is finally over / under control... and we are allowed back into the USA I will look at how this is affecting prices across the board as I appreciate everyone wants to recover their lost income, but I won't be ripped off either!