Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 28 Oct 20, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Floridag1rl View Post
My daughter is on the Bognor Regis campus and she is unsure if she can come home for Christmas. we live in Torbay and are approaching tier two. DD is only going into Uni for assessment classes and loads of pupils on her course have had to isolate. We have no plans to go to West Sussex, DD spent her birthday last month with her boyfriend who also lives in Bognor Regis.
It’s hard not seeing them on their birthdays, it’s good that your DD has her boyfriend there to celebrate with. Georgia enjoyed a takeaway with her housemates for her birthday so she was fine too. It just felt a bit odd not seeing her.

It’s hard when they are only going in for assessments. Georgia is only getting one session a week on campus for her labs, but she says they are very helpful.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 20, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Minicooper View Post
DD is still in for all classes wearing masks, face shields and socially distancing. They have had a fair few have to isolate luckily she's been OK so far. It's so difficult with their courses as I remember your DD is doing Musical Theatre as well.

Not sure what is going to happen with it being reading week and students going back home for a visit. DD is in Uni all week as she's is taking part in a workshop for a new musical. Which she is enjoying but normally they get to go to London to perform it but obviously this year they can't so they have invited guests coming to watch instead.
Such a shame that your daughter won’t be able to perform in London. It’s good that they are arranging an audience though.

Georgia has to wear a visor and mask for her lab session, she finds the visor really uncomfortable as her head is so small it keeps falling down
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 20, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Minicooper
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
Such a shame that your daughter won’t be able to perform in London. It’s good that they are arranging an audience though.

Georgia has to wear a visor and mask for her lab session, she finds the visor really uncomfortable as her head is so small it keeps falling down
Has she tried the visors which you wear like glasses?
Old 28 Oct 20, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Dd has only been in for one session so far and said it was stressful. She was in scrubs, apron, arm protectors, gloves, mask and heavy plastic visor. It was really hard to hear the lecturer as they were dressed the same. I think she felt quite sad when she came home that it was quite as bad as that. She’s adapted well to learning from home though... I think the steady flow of coffee and cake that appears on her desk via me is helping.😂
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 20, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Minicooper View Post
Has she tried the visors which you wear like glasses?
I did suggest those but you know what they’re like, apparently they would look ridiculous 🙄 🤷 I guess she means she wants to wear the same as everyone else which is understandable, but I thought it was worth trying as the one provided obviously doesn’t fit her
Old 28 Oct 20, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by marypoppins38 View Post
Dd has only been in for one session so far and said it was stressful. She was in scrubs, apron, arm protectors, gloves, mask and heavy plastic visor. It was really hard to hear the lecturer as they were dressed the same. I think she felt quite sad when she came home that it was quite as bad as that. She’s adapted well to learning from home though... I think the steady flow of coffee and cake that appears on her desk via me is helping.😂
It can’t be comfortable having to wear all that equipment 😔 I’m sorry your DD isn’t getting more hands on teaching though as it’s so important for her course. I can’t blame her enjoying the cake and coffee though 😀
Old 28 Oct 20, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Stardust5
Imagineer

Hi everyone, great to hear from everyone and that all our children are coping with this horrible situation as best as they can. Ben is doing fine, he loves the flat that he shares with two boys and is getting on really well with them, it is so comforting for me to know that he is happy and enjoying being away. All of his course so far has been online so hasn’t been up to the university once yet! Luckily the two other boys are also History students and each one is doing one of Ben’s modules so he has someone to chat to about the modules and work. I’m getting anxious about the whole coming home for Christmas and saying they might not be allowed, they need to get a plan in place and let us all know what it is so that all uni students can go home for the festivities.
Stardust5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 20, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Stardust5 View Post
Hi everyone, great to hear from everyone and that all our children are coping with this horrible situation as best as they can. Ben is doing fine, he loves the flat that he shares with two boys and is getting on really well with them, it is so comforting for me to know that he is happy and enjoying being away. All of his course so far has been online so hasn’t been up to the university once yet! Luckily the two other boys are also History students and each one is doing one of Ben’s modules so he has someone to chat to about the modules and work. I’m getting anxious about the whole coming home for Christmas and saying they might not be allowed, they need to get a plan in place and let us all know what it is so that all uni students can go home for the festivities.
Great news that Ben is still enjoying his course even though it’s online. It must be good that he can chat to his housemates about the modules. One of Georgia’s housemates is studying Biology too and they watch the lectures together sometimes

I think we’re all stressing about the Christmas holidays, I think the four areas of the UK need to be following the same rules for it to have any chance of working in any way as so many student’s homes are in a different country or tier level than their uni homes. It’s worrying but I feel there will be something put in place to enable them to return home safely as otherwise many would break rules anyway. Let’s keep our fingers crossed that they can get together and work it out
Old 31 Oct 20, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Love to all our students through the next month, I can’t believe how difficult life is proving yet again for them, it’s heartbreaking

Are they all planning on staying in their uni cities throughout the lockdown or returning home to study?
Old 31 Oct 20, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Magic Mouse
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
Love to all our students through the next month, I can’t believe how difficult life is proving yet again for them, it’s heartbreaking

Are they all planning on staying in their uni cities throughout the lockdown or returning home to study?
Such a horrendous time. Is Georgia going to stay in Bristol? I suppose she’ll need to if she gets a small amount of face to face teaching.

It must be very hard for you not seeing her.

I do hope that between our firebreak and the English lockdown, we can all be in a slightly better place come December.

Take care x
Orlando/Indian Shores - Aug 14 Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 16
Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 18
Magic Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List